Country Bear Jamboree - Seasonal Overlay Ideas Thread

The Chatbox Ghost

Original Poster

🐻 Country Bear Jamboree - Seasonal Overlay Ideas🐻

With the resurgence in the Country Bears lately and rumors of a potential return to seasonal overlays, I thought it'd be fun to have a thread where we can come up with our own show ideas, whether it be new holiday shows, new versions of the classic shows, or even shows with entirely new themes to them!

As people come up with setlists/ideas, I'll make a master list in this post. I'm excited to see what you all come up with!

Country Bear Overlay Ideas

Click the show titles to be directed to their setlists!
Holidays
Old Show Revamps
Misc.

Last edited:

The Chatbox Ghost

Original Poster
Starting off with an idea I've been cooking up- The Country Bear Halloween Hoedown 🎃! This seasonal show would play from late August to early November ideally, perhaps being a headliner offering for the Not So Scary parties! I tried to do a good mix of spookier country and some Disney songs, because let's face it, a new CBJ show that isn't a Christmas show probably would have a few Disney songs in there.

Setlist:
  • "Bach’s Toccata and Fugue" - Gomer
  • [Original Opening Song] - Henry, Gomer, and the Five Bear Rugs
  • "Midnight in Montgomery” by Alan Jackson - Wendell and Henry
  • “Spooky” by Dusty Springfield - Trixie and Gomer
  • “Haunted House” by Jumpin’ Gene Simmons - Romeo McGrowl
  • “I Put a Spell on You” from Hocus Pocus - The Sun Bonnets
  • “The House Is Haunted (By The Echo Of Your Last Goodbye)” by Mel Tormé - Shaker
  • “Ghost Riders in the Sky” by Johnny Cash - The Five Bear Rugs
  • “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” by Charlie Daniels - Ernest
  • “Sally’s Song” & “Sally’s Song (Reprise)” from the Nightmare Before Christmas- Teddi Barra and Henry
  • “Blood on the Saddle” by Tex Ritter - Big Al
  • “The Headless Horseman” from The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad - Cast (minus Trixie and Ernest)
I have a rough script outline here, which has some rough character dialogue too. Still have to work out the ending and some bits for the three mounted heads, but I think music wise it's in a good spot! Feel free to leave comments and suggestions on the script!

CBJ_Halloween_Shaker.png

Last edited:
This would be really cool to see actually! I've always thought it would be somewhat funny to see a Christmas Special (and if they had to include Disney Christmas Songs they actually do have a decent amount they could use)

Big Al singing "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" really slowly would be funny

The Chatbox Ghost

Original Poster
This would be really cool to see actually! I've always thought it would be somewhat funny to see a Christmas Special (and if they had to include Disney Christmas Songs they actually do have a decent amount they could use)

Big Al singing "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" really slowly would be funny
They actually did have a Christmas special that was running until sometime in the 2000s!

But if they were to bring it back, I have no doubt it would be modified. I could see Kidnap the Sandy Claws fitting for Al with some adjustment!

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Starting off with an idea I've been cooking up- The Country Bear Halloween Hoedown 🎃! This seasonal show would play from late August to early November ideally, perhaps being a headliner offering for the Not So Scary parties! I tried to do a good mix of spookier country and some Disney songs, because let's face it, a new CBJ show that isn't a Christmas show probably would have a few Disney songs in there.

Setlist:
  • "Bach’s Toccata and Fugue" - Gomer
  • [Original Opening Song] - Henry, Gomer, and the Five Bear Rugs
  • "Midnight in Montgomery” by Alan Jackson - Wendell and Henry
  • “Spooky” by Dusty Springfield - Trixie and Gomer
  • “Haunted House” by Jumpin’ Gene Simmons - Romeo McGrowl
  • “I Put a Spell on You” from Hocus Pocus - The Sun Bonnets
  • “The House Is Haunted (By The Echo Of Your Last Goodbye)” by Mel Tormé - Shaker
  • “Ghost Riders in the Sky” by Johnny Cash - The Five Bear Rugs
  • “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” by Charlie Daniels - Ernest
  • “Sally’s Song” & “Sally’s Song (Reprise)” from the Nightmare Before Christmas- Teddi Barra and Henry
  • “Blood on the Saddle” by Tex Ritter - Big Al
  • “The Headless Horseman” from The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad - Cast (minus Trixie and Ernest)
I have a rough script outline here, which has some rough character dialogue too. Still have to work out the ending and some bits for the three mounted heads, but I think music wise it's in a good spot! Feel free to leave comments and suggestions on the script!

Here's a fun one from Buck Owens:

This is a good setlist though I don't know if "Midnight in Montgomery" (Great song btw!) or Devil Went Down to Georgia (shame) would be featured in an actual Disney overlay because they're either too regionally-specific or reference the word "Devil" which is a Disney S+P no-go. Would Devil Went Down to Georgia be an instrumental? Finding something that fits the same tone as "Midnight in Montgomery" might be challenging.

Last edited:

The Chatbox Ghost

Original Poster
Here's a fun one from Buck Owens:

This is a good setlist though I don't know if "Midnight in Montgomery" (Great song btw!) or Devil Went Down to Georgia (shame) would be featured in an actual Disney overlay because they're either too regionally-specific or reference the word "Devil" which is a Disney S+P no-go. Would Devil Went Down to Georgia be an instrumental? Finding something that fits the same tone as "Midnight in Montgomery" might be challenging.

You raise some good points. For DWDtG- I feel like that’s the ONLY song you could do for Ernest. It’s about a fiddle and it’s spooky, and it even has fire and smoke coming out of one fiddle. If it had to be instrumental to be allowed, I’d make it so, but only if Ernest still got speaking lines- I’m really disappointed he’s silent in the CBMJ.

For MiM- I’m a little confused on the issue with it. Just that it references Montgomery? I did modify the lyrics for the show so it fits bears more, so maybe that helps? But if there’s a good song that could fit a duet between Henry and Wendell it could easily be replaced.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
You raise some good points. For DWDtG- I feel like that’s the ONLY song you could do for Ernest. It’s about a fiddle and it’s spooky, and it even has fire and smoke coming out of one fiddle. If it had to be instrumental to be allowed, I’d make it so, but only if Ernest still got speaking lines- I’m really disappointed he’s silent in the CBMJ.

For MiM- I’m a little confused on the issue with it. Just that it references Montgomery? I did modify the lyrics for the show so it fits bears more, so maybe that helps? But if there’s a good song that could fit a duet between Henry and Wendell it could easily be replaced.

Oh, I didn't see the modified lyrics. Nice.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Just realized I never answered your question. So the "issue" if you can call it that is that these locations, Montgomery, Mobile, (the actual song reference to Hank Williams) are lost on international visitors. It's not a dealbreaker mind, just an observation. Whereas spooky tropes and traditional Halloween characters are more universal.

The Chatbox Ghost

Original Poster
Just realized I never answered your question. So the "issue" if you can call it that is that these locations, Montgomery, Mobile, (the actual song reference to Hank Williams) are lost on international visitors. It's not a dealbreaker mind, just an observation. Whereas spooky tropes and traditional Halloween characters are more universal.
True. I actually thought today of replacing “Montgomery” with “Bear Country”, and I suppose then I should replace “Mobile” too- “Florida?” (Said in two syllables, Floor-duh) “New York?”

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
True. I actually thought today of replacing “Montgomery” with “Bear Country”, and I suppose then I should replace “Mobile” too- “Florida?” (Said in two syllables, Floor-duh) “New York?”
"Bear Country"... I like it! "Mobile" is a throwaway locale only there to prop up the Alabama references. It could be replaced with anything. Another city/state, adjective, spooky destination, state of mind, etc. Got nothing. lol

The Chatbox Ghost

Original Poster
"Bear Country"... I like it! "Mobile" is a throwaway locale only there to prop up the Alabama references. It could be replaced with anything. Another city/state, adjective, spooky destination, state of mind, etc. Got nothing. lol
Hmmm…. Guess it’s time to Google some southern city names! All the ones I keep thinking of are three syllables, haha

The Chatbox Ghost

Original Poster
Hmmm…. Guess it’s time to Google some southern city names! All the ones I keep thinking of are three syllables, haha
How did I forget Dallas?? Though I’ve found a lot of charming names- Asheville, Oxford, Oaklie… also remembered Macon, GA, which I’m tempted to use as that’s where my grandparents lived and it’s a nostalgic area for me. But Dallas is likely to be well known by tourists, so I think I’ll do that.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
How did I forget Dallas?? Though I’ve found a lot of charming names- Asheville, Oxford, Oaklie… also remembered Macon, GA, which I’m tempted to use as that’s where my grandparents lived and it’s a nostalgic area for me. But Dallas is likely to be well known by tourists, so I think I’ll do that.
If you're playing off of "Bear Country" what would be a county or city there?

The Chatbox Ghost

Original Poster
If you're playing off of "Bear Country" what would be a county or city there?
I didn’t think of that. I suppose there’s a lot of names you could come up with-

“Bearville”
“Beeville”
“Scratchton”
“Clawville”
“Bearclaw”
“Bruin”
“Grizzly”

Also thought of “Nashville” as that’s where the new show was recorded, plus Wendell could hypothetically be travelling out of Bear Country to a real place? I dunno.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
I didn’t think of that. I suppose there’s a lot of names you could come up with-

“Bearville”
“Beeville”
“Scratchton”
“Clawville”
“Bearclaw”
“Bruin”
“Grizzly”

Also thought of “Nashville” as that’s where the new show was recorded, plus Wendell could hypothetically be travelling out of Bear Country to a real place? I dunno.
Nashville works.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom