Country Bear Chsitmas Edition any Hope??

flFigment

Original Poster
Just as the title says is there any hope for the Country Bears Christmas to be this year? My mom is coming down for Christmas and I would love for her to see it but has anyone heard anything or is this about as likely as Figment being turned back into a true Imaginative Experience the Imagineers should be proud of?

jt04

Well, here is one area I agree with the critics. There is no reason not to have a CB holiday overlay. Scheduled maintenance could be accomplished every year during the overlay and restoral closures.

The MK needs a dedicated Christmas show in addition to the Castle lighting. :xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:

PalisadesPkteer

The first year I got to WDW for the Christmas holiday seasonal stuff was 2006.

So I missed it by a year. Would like it to return but with the economy etc.
no chance really this year.

By the way Martin, is the Mickey Twas the Night before Christmas show dead or maybe coming back next year to MK or DHS?

Kadruk

there is no chance.. most of the set dressings were destroyed 2 years ago.. As far as TDO is concerned, the show will never happen again..

I'd say there are better odds on Horizons being rebuilt.

EpcotServo

Seriously, there will never never never ever ever ever never NE-HEH-HEH-HEHEEEver be any excuse that can justify not doing it.

First thing first, just wanted to let everyone know that I really enjoy CCBJ, but when I saw the show, One thing occured to me right off the bat. This show needs re done right away. I could hardly Hear the audio due to the AA's . The AA's were so noisy when I saw it in late september. They should work on making the AA's quieter before they plan for a xmas show

rsoxguy

I do not fully understand Disney's position on this. It has to cost an enormous amount of money to decorate the parks for the holidays. I can't imagine that it all translates into bigger profits. How could decorating CBJ be cost prohibitive? Is that really the reason that the show is no longer changed for the season?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
First thing first, just wanted to let everyone know that I really enjoy CCBJ, but when I saw the show, One thing occured to me right off the bat. This show needs re done right away. I could hardly Hear the audio due to the AA's . The AA's were so noisy when I saw it in late september. They should work on making the AA's quieter before they plan for a xmas show

I think it's in great shape - for an attraction that is nearly 40 years old. Noisy AAs are part of the charm. ;)

Here is a video from just a few weeks ago
http://www.wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Country-Bear-Jamboree/Video.htm

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
If they AAs in POTC were as noisy would it still be charm?

Country Bears for me is pure Walt Disney - like the Tiki Room at DL. I just like to keep it the way it was. :) There are very few attractions left like that. Pirates, due to it's popularity and scope can't be left as a museum piece - Country Bears and the original Tiki Room can.

Biff215

I do not fully understand Disney's position on this. It has to cost an enormous amount of money to decorate the parks for the holidays. I can't imagine that it all translates into bigger profits. How could decorating CBJ be cost prohibitive? Is that really the reason that the show is no longer changed for the season?

Not sure it was much of a cost issue once they made the original investment in the overlay. Most attractions go down for some sort of maintenance each year anyway, so this would fit into that. And using the HMH excuse doesn't work real well as there wouldn't be too many disappointed guests in City Hall complaining that CBJ was closed during their stay.

This one seems to be a pure management decision, and a poor one at that!

rsoxguy

Not sure it was much of a cost issue once they made the original investment in the overlay. Most attractions go down for some sort of maintenance each year anyway, so this would fit into that. And using the HMH excuse doesn't work real well as there wouldn't be too many disappointed guests in City Hall complaining that CBJ was closed during their stay.

This one seems to be a pure management decision, and a poor one at that!

It really is a shame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom