Counter service

Captain Hank

Sunshine Seasons in The Land at Epcot is awesome, as is Yakitori House in the Japan pavilion in World Showcase. I'm also a fan of the Columbia Harbor House in Magic Kingdom and Flame Tree BBQ in Disney's Animal Kingdom. In general, Disney's Hollywood Studios is not a good place for counter service, though the ABC Commisary is okay.

wvdisneyfamily

Magic Kingdom
Pecos Bill's is really good. The Columbia Harbour House has, in my family's opinion, declined in quality over the last two years.
MGM
Pizza Planet is good. My family hates the ABC Commissary.:hurl:
Epcot
We really like the Liberty Inn. It's standard Disney fare in terms of burgers and fries, but it's just a family favorite for some reason.
Animal Kingdom
I haven't tried it, but lots of people like the Flame Tree BBQ.

primetime52

Sunshine Seasons in The Land at Epcot is awesome, as is Yakitori House in the Japan pavilion in World Showcase. I'm also a fan of the Columbia Harbor House in Magic Kingdom and Flame Tree BBQ in Disney's Animal Kingdom. In general, Disney's Hollywood Studios is not a good place for counter service, though the ABC Commisary is okay.

I forgot about Sunshine Seasons- that's also a very good place. I finally tried it again last fall for the first time in about 10 years (it probably got refurbed about 3 times during that period) and loved it. I hadnt eaten there in a decade because back in the late 90's I got food poisoning from eating an order of potato skins. Needless to say it was a bad experience, so I avoided that place like the plague for as long as I could. Sunshine Seasons has come a long way since back then.

primetime52

Magic Kingdom
Pecos Bill's is really good. The Columbia Harbour House has, in my family's opinion, declined in quality over the last two years.
MGM
Pizza Planet is good. My family hates the ABC Commissary.:hurl:
Epcot
We really like the Liberty Inn. It's standard Disney fare in terms of burgers and fries, but it's just a family favorite for some reason.
Animal Kingdom
I haven't tried it, but lots of people like the Flame Tree BBQ.

You're exactly right about the Columbia Harbour House. Remember years ago when they used to serve that great clam chowder in bread bowls? That was so awesome.

wvdisneyfamily

You're exactly right about the Columbia Harbour House. Remember years ago when they used to serve that great clam chowder in bread bowls? That was so awesome.

We even noticed a big decline in the quality from 2006 to 2007. It used to be my FAVORITE Magic Kingdom restaurant hands-down, but now I'd rather go over to Pecos Bill's. The Columbia Harbour House has good sweet tea, but I'll be avoiding the food there from here on out.

lpet11984

I'm a big Casey's fan myself-- nothing like hot corn dog nuggets with cheese sauce and fries, then washing it down with a dole whip float and a ride on Pirates. :)

NCState

Here's the ones we stop in each time.

Magic Kingdom
Columbia Harbour House and Pecos Bill's

[B]Epcot
Lotus Blossom Cafe and Cantina de San Angel

[B]Studios
Backlot Express and ABC Commissary

[B]Animal Kingdom
Flame Tree Barbeque

mickey&me

Pecos Bill's is great!

The Flame Tree BBQ was okay, but didn't really stand out.

Cosmic Ray's is good.

The Lotus Blossom was good, as is the sausage place in Germany, whose name temporarily escapes me.

catne

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot The Land...great variety, freshly prepared foods, quick service, lots of places to sit (and fun to go eat after riding Soarin' and watch all the people making the mad dash for Soarin'.:ROFLOL:)

DonaldDoleWhip

I agree with the people who've said Sunshine Seasons at The Land in Epcot. It has a great variety and a wide selection of healthier items.

Honestly, I could eat all my lunches at Sunshine Seasons. Nothing else really compares for me.

Obviously I don't get a chance to visit nearly as much as a lot of other people on the boards, but last year in MGM, a Pulled Pork Sub, at the place next to the HISTK playpark was good. My fiance was also partial to the chili cheese dogs.

And I agree about Pecos Bill's.

Also what was that place in Epcot, at the Land that used to serve Rainbow Sherbert ice cream. Althought that was a while ago.

tonya

Are you SURE the Sunshine Seasons is still good, even without my <sniff sniff> yummy baked potato and salad? :cry: I haven't been back since the change.

Kristamouse

I agree with the other but we like Pinoccho's Village Haus. I had a great sub and love there fries. We didn't get to eat there last trip, it closes early on MNSSHP nights. We went to Pecos Bills instead, DH loved the burger but I meh on the taco salad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom