Countdown to Fun opening

drew81

Original Poster
The new Countdown to Fun parade is scheduled to open this Sunday. Some of the floats are not finished yet (they are still being painted, being worked on etc) from the change from Block Party Bash. Hopefully, the floats will be completed and all will go on as planned for the new parade.

mm52200

Oops didn't see this thread, same question as TravisMT81. Everything's been so vague with this parade it'd be nice to have some concrete details.

mm52200

So the parade opens today, anyone going? If anyone is please post pictures and videos! Very interested to see what the final product ended up being.

Well, it took them a while, but TDO finally dumbed down and ruined Block Party Bash. Now its as unexciting and vapid as (insert your marketing slogan of the week here) A Dream Come True is. And to top it off it feels like a bad parody of DCA's Play Parade.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Well WHAT was that?

A cheap version of BPB with the good bits removed? A cheap version of PPP?

Good god. It makes MISICI look like the 20th parade. And makes BPB look far better value.

mm52200

Well, I was hoping for better but these first few reviews are exactly what I was expecting...can you give anymore details as to what it's like exactly?

They took the toy block floats and repainted them to match the characters from Incridiblels, Ratatioullie, and Up. The main floats look very empty and the whole parade has too few performers. It really felt like they only did this to cut the acro, cut performers, and get rid of complex choreography.

mm52200

WesternRiverExplorer, that's exactly why they did it, well maybe not because of the choreography, but cutbacks, cutbacks, cutbacks.

TravisMT81

Don't blink or you will miss the parade, it is that short. They did not even bother to get new costumes, they are tired and faded from washing so much. Only thing that is good is the music from Pixar Play Parade. They have made another tragic kingdom parade.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Only thing that is good is the music from Pixar Play Parade..
And even that is just the chorus looping over and over. Even the props (hoops, bikes etc) are reused and look like they just fell off BPB. Incredibles walking? Where`s the hover bikes??? Infact, where`s the parade??

A few quotes from friends already; The No to Fun Parade, the Countdown to Extinction Parade, BPB-ultralite, Pixar Play Parade: The TDO version....

TravisMT81

And even that is just the chorus looping over and over. Even the props (hoops, bikes etc) are reused and look like they just fell off BPB. Incredibles walking? Where`s the hover bikes??? Infact, where`s the parade??

A few quotes from friends already; The No to Fun Parade, the Countdown to Extinction Parade, BPB-ultralite, Pixar Play Parade: The TDO version....

I know it doesn't even have the unique music elements for each float like at DCA, then again they have nice floats at DCA.

mm52200

Wow just watched a video, I don't even know what to say. You would think they would atleast go to the effort to make new costumes and new props but they didn't even do that. TDO has reached an ultimate new low and it's very disapointing. It's just a constant reminder of BPB and it will never stop. How disapointing.

CTXRover

I agree. I guess if it was the first time for somebody ever seeing those floats, it would be a nice little diversion of a parade. Like the current MK parade, would not be worth waiting for it to come by though, which has been a disheartening trend with the parades recently. Overall, I agree it's is very sad revision of BPB. I can understand the need to get rid of the acrobats and vigorous show stops, particularly over the summer, but I was expecting a bit more from this revision. At least different costumes or props. Even the addition of some of the things from the PPP at DCA like the chef stilt walkers or even Mater and Lightening Mcqueen at the beginning and end could help a little. Also, more characters or dancers would help. For instance, where's Remy's brother or some of the other characters from Toy Story that I know have been around before as walk around characters. A little more thought here and it could be a bit better.

Oh well. I liked BPB, but never really went out of my way to see it. Same with this thing. Still better than Disney stars and motor cars parade, imo (never could get into that one).

Any chance at all that this is a filler parade? I'm still sort of crossing my fingers for some new parades for the around the 40th (heck, I can't believe there won't be some type of celebration, particularly given all the nice new merchandise for it)

mm52200

The parade is just one big budget cut and it painfully shows. The only good thing is the cast who as always gives their all, although I'm sure they all feel the same way about the parade as we do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom