Could this be Universal twisting the knife!?!?!

Clyde

Seuss Landing is one of my favorite areas too. I was disappointed to hear that the spinning on the Cat in the Hat has been toned down. I've never been on the Trolley ... last time I was there the line was longer than I wanted to wait. I will be there with my niece and nephews in November so we will definitely try it out then. Why is the left track better?
I also love Suess landing as its really the most accurately themed land of all imo. It masterfully plops us in the middle of the Suess books.
We went on the cat in the hat one wed, then the next sat the spinning was gone. I asked a staff member what the deal was and they said people complained to corporate and they caved to the pressure. I seriously can not imagine why someone would have complained about the spinning as it made a traditional dark ride fun and unique. It had a little twinge of excitement to it. My kids ( 5 and 2 when that happened) loved that ride with no issues due to the spinning. Now it is drab and regular. I wrote a letter of disappointment but nothing ever happened with it.

I look forward to any expansion to that land but already know it will be with the whiners chorus in consideration which disappoints me.

JT3000

I also love Suess landing as its really the most accurately themed land of all imo. It masterfully plops us in the middle of the Suess books.
We went on the cat in the hat one wed, then the next sat the spinning was gone. I asked a staff member what the deal was and they said people complained to corporate and they caved to the pressure. I seriously can not imagine why someone would have complained about the spinning as it made a traditional dark ride fun and unique. It had a little twinge of excitement to it. My kids ( 5 and 2 when that happened) loved that ride with no issues due to the spinning. Now it is drab and regular. I wrote a letter of disappointment but nothing ever happened with it.

Actually the spinning was axed because some kid was doing something they shouldn't have and got flung from the vehicle. When did you last visit? The toned down version only lasted a few weeks before the spinning was reinstated.

squidward

Actually the spinning was axed because some kid was doing something they shouldn't have and got flung from the vehicle. When did you last visit? The toned down version only lasted a few weeks before the spinning was reinstated.

The spinning was gone in July 2013, April and July 2014.

squidward

Seuss Landing is one of my favorite areas too. I was disappointed to hear that the spinning on the Cat in the Hat has been toned down. I've never been on the Trolley ... last time I was there the line was longer than I wanted to wait. I will be there with my niece and nephews in November so we will definitely try it out then. Why is the left track better?

The left track is just a bit more scenic.

Clyde

The spinning is back? That's news to me. Good news of course. Maybe my letter helped? lol

I haven't been back since march when this all happened. Like I said, it was there one day and gone the next. I have not been able to get back up there since (even with my annual pass I stay away during the summer).

Nick Wilde

I'd like to see the article that shows this.

cheezbat

They have a massive Kong E Ticket under construction now. And I expect at least 3 more major projects to start before or just after the first of then year.

Whoa...wait a minute...do you mean 3 more major theme park related projects, or are you referring to one theme park project, the water park, and new hotel?

JT3000

I'd like to see the article that shows this.

There isn't one. The media never caught wind of it (as far as I know.) But the evidence can be seen on the ride itself.

Before
IslandsOfAdventure198.jpg

After
77d961f1fcf49ebebf4e2b3bf768d886.jpg

And the spinning definitely returned afterwards, so unless something else happened just recently that I don't know about, it should still be operating normally.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom