Could This Be The New Cinnamon Roll Champion.?..

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning Folks...When I read that one of my all time favourite bites..The Main Street bakery cinnamon roll was taken off the menu..It was like a shock to my system..:eek:....Then I read about Gastons cinnamon roll, not a patch on the original..:jawdrop:...However today's Disney food blog has a review of Kouzzina's at Boardwalk for breakfast, and they have this thing of beauty..It's a warm honey pecan cinnamon roll..:jawdrop:...It looks awesome..In fact as I was reading it,I swear I could smell the cinnamon in the air. ( going to make a apple pie today with orange zest and cinnamon ) Anyway...Has anyone tried this baby,and if so, what was your verdict.?..Check out the photos and review on Disney
Food Blog..;)

jw24

Never had one of those myself but it looks too fancy and too small. Then again, it's Kouzzina from Cat Cora. I prefer my rolls to be larger and one that you can hold in your hand, not one that requires a fork and knife!

There's another cinnamon roll at Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery, only problem it's kinda too flat in a way and expensive. It's almost 9 bucks, tax not included! :eek:

I'd stick with Gaston's Tavern cinnamon roll if I really wanted one. Only 4 bucks not including tax and will fill you up more likely for breakfast.

Club34

I guess I can weigh in and simply state that the early reviews of Gastons rolls have been largely negative and that should entitle me to a "I told you so" when I lambasted the closing of MSB for the Starbucks. I was fine with inserting better coffee but there was no need to staple their horrible 7-11 style foods to the establishment as well. It should have been MSB proudly serving Starbucks coffee. Sorry, I've been holding that mini-rant for awhile. The sad part is I only recently discovered MSB's cinnamon rolls and feel I didn't adequately get to enjoy them. And by adequately enjoy them I mean eat so many of them I learn to hate them. :hungry:

As for the newer rolls- Kouzzina and the AK one, I'll have to try them next time I'm home. But nothing will replace the grandeur and convenience of the MSB when kicking off a MK day.

MouseRight

We had the Gaston's Cinnamon Roll about two weeks ago. Big enough to split with my wife. We asked for extra icing and the cast member brought it back into kitchen and poured more on it. It definitely needed the extra icing. I guess it is as good as Pillsbury's at home.

Being a long-time fan of Cinnabon's famous roll, Gaston's is not in that league. Now that is a joint venture I would like to see at Disney - a Cinnabon store. I think Disney Springs would be a great place for a Cinnabon store. I would go there for breakfast and/or dessert at least once during my visits to WDW.

Wall-e

Having never gotten a chance to try a msb cinnamon roll I'm not fully enlightened. However I have tried more cinnamon rolls then I can remember and one of the few I do remember is gastons. The butterscotch glaze was awesome and the fact that it is as big as my head was even better. I understand that the msb roll was probably great but I can't see how gastons is so much worse.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Having never gotten a chance to try a msb cinnamon roll I'm not fully enlightened. However I have tried more cinnamon rolls then I can remember and one of the few I do remember is gastons. The butterscotch glaze was awesome and the fact that it is as big as my head was even better. I understand that the msb roll was probably great but I can't see how gastons is so much worse.
A lot worse plain and simple! Lol MSB was always piping hot! Also had the while warm melting icing on it not the other stuff Gaston's is using now. Gaston's was dry, cold, just overall not good like the original at MSB. Gaston's fell sadly short! If you liked Gaston's you would have been in LOVE with MSB's!!! Lol :)

Wall-e

A lot worse plain and simple! Lol MSB was always piping hot! Also had the while warm melting icing on it not the other stuff Gaston's is using now. Gaston's was dry, cold, just overall not good like the original at MSB. Gaston's fell sadly short! If you liked Gaston's you would have been in LOVE with MSB's!!! Lol :)

My gastons roll was gooey and dripping with icing. We went at rope drop I ate one and a half myself then promptly went on space mountain but I digress. I loved, loved, every bite. I didn't want it to stop.

jw24

Here's a picture of the cinnamon roll at the Kusafiri Coffee Shop at the AK for people who want something a little more visual.

csdads298.jpg

Wall-e

And for those poor unfortunate souls who have never experienced a msb roll what on earth is there to compare it to??? There must be something somewhere that compares and if not why would disney stop making this heavenly concoction.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
My gastons roll was gooey and dripping with icing. We went at rope drop I ate one and a half myself then promptly went on space mountain but I digress. I loved, loved, every bite. I didn't want it to stop.
Glad you enjoyed it! Unfortunately like I mentioned we did not. :(. If you loved that one that much I wish you would have gotten a chance to have the one at MSB to understand why us fans loved it much more than Gaston's. Maybe one day it will come back. We can dream can't we! Haha :hilarious:

Wall-e

Glad you enjoyed it! Unfortunately like I mentioned we did not. :(. If you loved that one that much I wish you would have gotten a chance to have the one at MSB to understand why us fans loved it much more than Gaston's. Maybe one day it will come back. We can dream can't we! Haha :hilarious:

Two things, number one I've never heard anyone say they didn't like the msb roll but I also never even heard of it after at least 8 trips to disney til I found this site but by the time we went back to disney Starbucks moved in. How could something so good fall so far under the radar?
Second, since no one can try a msb roll at this point, is there anything out there in the vastness of space that those who have had a msb roll can agree tastes similar enough to get an idea of what we missed?
And a third thing, I know I said two, but it sounds like gastons gets a bad rap because its compared to something that is held to such a legendary unattainable Bigfoot status. Meaning, it doesn't exist anymore so those who have had it are free to say it was the best roll they ever had without challenge and nothing else will ever come close.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom