Could the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Look Like This?

IWant2GoNow

Has there been a ride time estimated for this yet? Rode Barnstormer for the first time earlier this month and where it was a fun little coaster, seemed much too short. I'm hoping this is closer to BTM in ride time than Barnstormer. :confused:

PS- I can't get used to these new emoticons... :/

PolynesianPrincess

Has there been a ride time estimated for this yet? Rode Barnstormer for the first time earlier this month and where it was a fun little coaster, seemed much too short. I'm hoping this is closer to BTM in ride time than Barnstormer. :confused:

PS- I can't get used to these new emoticons... :/

I agree that Barnstormer is a fun little ride but very short. BTM is a good length so I'm hoping 7DMT is along the lines of that length of time.

2006gtmuscle

You just crushed my dreams man.. I hope it's still a thrilling ride and not just a slow children's ride. Even comparing it to Big Thunder worries me. BTMR is already pretty boring compared to rides like Everest and Space Mountain.
Nothing like that. Grizzly is BTM meets Everest.
7DMR is more Barnstormer meets BTM. Far shorter, less intense and just way smaller overall.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
You just crushed my dreams man.. I hope it's still a thrilling ride and not just a slow children's ride. Even comparing it to Big Thunder worries me. BTMR is already pretty boring compared to rides like Everest and Space Mountain.
Seven Dwarf's is going to be a notch below Big Thunder on the thrill scale. Remember this is a Fantasyland family ride.

Weather_Lady

Seven Dwarf's is going to be a notch below Big Thunder on the thrill scale. Remember this is a Fantasyland family ride.

I think so, too. I assume everybody has watched the on-ride simulation video for the Mine Train -- it's like "Big Thunder lite" in terms of speed, although the swinging movement of the cars should add an interesting new element. Perhaps a good nickname might be "Little Bavarian Mountain." Now that I think of it, I'd like that to be MY new nickname... ;)

DisDadEddie

I think the Mine Coaster will be in between BTM and The Barnstormer. Just because it is Fantasyland I don't think it will be just a kiddie coaster. I think once completed the Mine Coaster will be a one of a kind Disney experience that will be a park favorite.

djlaosc

Yes. More like two notches below BTM.

It'll be longer than Barnstormer, but substantially shorter than BTM.

So that's longer than 1:00, but substantially shorter than 3:30?

So I'm guessing 1:30-2:30?

If that's the case, then it will be shorter than the Fantasyland dark rides!

cheezbat

Don't get your hopes up people. The insiders have been saying for a very long time this is more or less an intermediate thrill ride. Anyone expecting a coaster on the scale of BTM are going to be sorely disappointed.

I'm guessing it'll be about a two minute ride.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Also, as the video demonstrates, there isn't a noticeable pause between the forward movement and the backward movement; I'm guessing they're able to make the track switch over faster than on Everest.

I think it has a lot more to do with the ride layout. Grizzly has a lift hill you go up... EE really only has a ramp you go up and get the train clear. The time Grizzly is going up the hill.. giving you more time to do things without stopping the train. I'm also unclear if the switch is right behind the reversing section or further down the track in Grizzly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom