Could the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Look Like This?

SMRT-1

Original Poster
269382_10150998316572148_606164486_n.jpg

This is "Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars" opening at HKDL.

Turtle

I hope. That looks AWESOME. But I hope it has another feel to the mine cart because that looks like a western town, and this needs to feel like Snow White.

amazingwdw

From the looks of it, the type of track and trains of Big Grizzly and EE are almost identical and are both built by Vekoma.
But as for if Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride, it probably wont look anything like this.

Tom Morrow

It probably won't be anything like that. Haven't some of the "in the know" posters suggested we set our expectations to "slightly better than Barnstormer" ?

Lee

Adventurer
Nothing like that. Grizzly is BTM meets Everest.
7DMR is more Barnstormer meets BTM. Far shorter, less intense and just way smaller overall.

Plutofan1

Nothing like that. Grizzly is BTM meets Everest.
7DMR is more Barnstormer meets BTM. Far shorter, less intense and just way smaller overall.
I keep hearing that 7DMT will be Barnstormer meets BTM. I have to believe though, from the artwork, track layout, the inclusion of audio animatronics, the new vehicle "swinging" system, and the overall marketing of the attraction make it far more comparable to a BTMR than a Barnstormer (which is a minute long, if that). Am I right in thinking this? Don't get me wrong, I'm not envisioning an E-Ticket Everest style coaster. I'm just not expecting anything close to what the Barnstormer is.

The Empress Lilly

I expect the 7DMT to look more like this:

Through the forest, crossing the stream over the wooden bridge:

CaseyJr-LePetitTrainduCirque-16.jpg

Beast's castle on the mountain in the distance, looming over the ride!

2979012285_1_3_K8ShfFvw.jpg

Kuhio

Big Grizzly Mountain is scheduled to open in a few weeks.

The coaster starts out going forward, then has a backward section that's initiated -- much like Everest -- at the top of a hill. Unlike Everest, however, there's an actual effect corresponding to the backward fall: a wire snapping. (You can see the red wheel for the effect in the video posted above, although the effect isn't working in that video.) Also, as the video demonstrates, there isn't a noticeable pause between the forward movement and the backward movement; I'm guessing they're able to make the track switch over faster than on Everest.

At the end of the backward segment, the train cars are launched forward out of a mine, ostensibly because of an explosion caused by bears.

So Big Grizzly Mountain is basically a synthesis of some of the more compelling elements from Big Thunder, Grizzly River Run, and Expedition Everest, with a dash of California Screamin'/RnR Coaster thrown in (no inversions, though). The result could have ended up feeling like a soulless "greatest hits" mishmash, but based on the videos and images so far, it looks quite good. And there's a ton of original, land-specific merchandise and food offerings as well -- something that's sorely missing in some other Disney parks.

(And even more interesting -- to me, at least -- is what's opening next year. Mystic Manor will have the ride system of Pooh's Hunny Hunt at TDL, to go along with a original story that has thematic elements from and references to a number of disparate sources -- including the Indiana Jones Adventure, the Jungle Cruise, the Tiki Room, the Adventurers Club, the Haunted Mansion, and TDS's Tower of Terror.)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I keep hearing that 7DMT will be Barnstormer meets BTM. I have to believe though, from the artwork, track layout, the inclusion of audio animatronics, the new vehicle "swinging" system, and the overall marketing of the attraction make it far more comparable to a BTMR than a Barnstormer (which is a minute long, if that). Am I right in thinking this? Don't get me wrong, I'm not envisioning an E-Ticket Everest style coaster. I'm just not expecting anything close to what the Barnstormer is.

I think we are looking at a ride that will have be slightly more intense then Barnstormer, but have closer to BTMR themeing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom