Could the "Icon" image of every park change?

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
With all of the changes coming to the parks, I can't help but wonder if the icon image of every park will change at some point in the future. If I understand correctly, the icons are:

Magic Kingdom: Cinderella's Castle
EPCOT: Spaceship Earth
Disney's Hollywood Studios: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Disney's Animal Kingdom: The Tree of Life

Do you think that at some point in the near future, these images will change and there will be a new face for every park? Maybe not so much Magic Kingdom but what of the others? And would this even be a big deal - how would you perceive it?

Last edited:

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The only one that's realistically subject to change is the Studios.

From what I see

When you walk in Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, the focal points are what you listed above. Its what you first see.

HS - has changed a bit lately, and might do it again,,,

Maybe the giant hat will be replaced with a huge Stormtrooper head...

Realistically if the management team wanted to, they could probably change HS to Star Wars, EPCOT to GotG, and Animal Kingdom to Avatar. But considering they haven't changed them *yet* i'm not so sure they'll consider doing so now.

No! It’s Cinderella Castle
(no apostrophe)

Woops! Fixed - thanks! I spend too much time at Disneyland haha

anchorman314

From what I see

When you walk in Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, the focal points are what you listed above. Its what you first see.

You say that (presumably) in jest, but take a look at the Disney Visa Redemption Card sample image. Four parks, four icons. ;)

1534790241125.jpeg

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The icon of DHS has been the Chinese Theater, the Sorcerer's Hat, and the "Earfull Tower" (which has been torn down). Disney has never had much of an idea of what to do with that park.

Definitely see your point. I still believe they're in a little bit of a identity crisis but my idea is that they're now using the park as a main platform for their IPs and all things movies / shows. As of right now the parks app and the Play Disney app are both showing ToT.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Definitely see your point. I still believe they're in a little bit of a identity crisis but my idea is that they're now using the park as a main platform for their IPs and all things movies / shows. As of right now the parks app and the Play Disney app are both showing ToT.
Realistically at the moment the Tower is the icon people can see, know, and can ride.

KCheatle

I agree that the only one I see changing would be HS. If it were to change, I would see it being something generic, like a camera or movie tape roll or something like the image below but Disney-fied?? I don't see them commiting to a particular movie franchise, and I don't think they can use the Chinese Theater because it's copyrighted.
camera-with-film-tape-roll-vector-19556833.jpg

KBLovedDisney

I agree that the only one I see changing would be HS. If it were to change, I would see it being something generic, like a camera or movie tape roll or something like the image below but Disney-fied?? I don't see them commiting to a particular movie franchise, and I don't think they can use the Chinese Theater because it's copyrighted.
camera-with-film-tape-roll-vector-19556833.jpg
Eh, IMHO, I think they will go big on Star Wars and something along those lines will be the new icon for DHS.

But that is just my opinion.

KBLovedDisney

I agree with everyone else re: DHS . . . What are earth would they choose to replace the iconic Cinderella Castle, Spaceship Earth, and Tree of Life?! And why?!
I can't see them changing Cinderella Castle, but for Epcot, possibly the new Guardians ride? For AK, the Pandora floating rocks

But, I really hope not.

JohnD

With all of the changes coming to the parks, I can't help but wonder if the icon image of every park will change at some point in the future. If I understand correctly, the icons are:

Magic Kingdom: Cinderella's Castle
EPCOT: Spaceship Earth
Disney's Hollywood Studios: The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Disney's Animal Kingdom: The Tree of Life

Do you think that at some point in the near future, these images will change and there will be a new face for every park? Maybe not so much Magic Kingdom but what of the others? And would this even be a big deal - how would you perceive it?

I wouldn't get too worked up over the icons. As has been said, HS has been all over the place: Chinese Theater, Earfel Tower, Big A** Hat (BAH), Tower of Terror. The other three parks are static.

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So what I do find interesting then is that DHS's icon is a thrill attraction which calls to a certain market, but it isn't quite "kid friendly" or neutral. They could've done the same thing for AK with Expedition Everest, but instead chose the iconic tree of life.

This could mean that either A. DHS identity is best complimented by the ToT or B. They really don't know what DHS's icon is supposed to be given its multiple changes.

All 4 current icons are legendary, they're all featured and they're all well-loved. Still - I could maybe see them all changing.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
From what I see

I'd rather have the BAH back than that...at a different location, of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom