Could someone explain this to me - Passholder section of disneyworld.com

Thumper's Mom

During my recent calls to disney about the release of the next section of annual passholder discounts, two different CM's have told me to check the disney world website as the information is released on the internet the same time as it appears in their computers. Even though you can have a voucher for your annual pass, you can not get into the passholder section of their website until you actually have the activated pass in hand. By the time you have this activated pass, you are already in Disney World and I doubt you would be checking their website! :hammer: When I told the CMs this, they had no clue that you can't access the passholder's section without the actual pass. :rolleyes: Wouldn't it make more sense to have the voucher number work? That way, it could really help you plan your vacation! :veryconfu

ILOVEDISNEY

Thumper's Mom said:
During my recent calls to disney about the release of the next section of annual passholder discounts, two different CM's have told me to check the disney world website as the information is released on the internet the same time as it appears in their computers. Even though you can have a voucher for your annual pass, you can not get into the passholder section of their website until you actually have the activated pass in hand. By the time you have this activated pass, you are already in Disney World and I doubt you would be checking their website! :hammer: When I told the CMs this, they had no clue that you can't access the passholder's section without the actual pass. :rolleyes: Wouldn't it make more sense to have the voucher number work? That way, it could really help you plan your vacation! :veryconfu

Yes, you must have an actual AP to access the website, but right now the site is undergoing maintenance and I cannot access reservation and AP info. Perhaps in a few days the new codes may be on the site. There is no guarantee there will be any new codes coming out as Disney clearly states. The $55/day rate (number of rooms are limited) for the values available to everyone may be as low as Disney will go since the attandance has picked up at the parks. Also, Disney has a history of getting rid of discounts once they become too popular as they did with stockholder perks. In the old days you could own 1 share and get great discounts. Now, you could have a 1,000,000 shares and you get nothing special.

You could try to make reservations saying you are an AP, but you must have a valid AP at check-in, which you can purchase at the Transportation & Ticket Center, or in Ocala at the Welcome Center.

P.S. There is nothing magical about the AP section. They just repeat what the discounts are that are included with the ticket sleeve you receive with the actual AP. The actual AP looks like all the other WDW tickets except it has your name and clearly states AP or Premium AP, etc. We have used our passes 5 times and they are looking ratty.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Yeah, we had the same problem this June wanting to know what the AP perks were but we only had the vouchers. You don't have the AP sleeve to know what those discounts are either. We used our passes 12 days and then used them frequently throughout each day to get Fast Passes. They look OK, but not what I was expecting. The big discounts we used (there were 12 of us) besides the room, was the 10% off of meals in Epcot...we ate a total of 5 meals in Germany and Norway! that 10% adds up when you are buying for 12!

Upvote 0

vilegirl

You know, I'm glad you guys have mentioned that your APs are starting to look a little ratty. Mine is too! I have to say - this is my first AP (got it back in Jan) and I was totally shocked that it was just a paper card. I was expecting something like the room keys. Heavy plastic etc. etc. etc. Are APs always like this?

-Linda

Upvote 0

Chape19714

vilegirl said:
You know, I'm glad you guys have mentioned that your APs are starting to look a little ratty. Mine is too! I have to say - this is my first AP (got it back in Jan) and I was totally shocked that it was just a paper card. I was expecting something like the room keys. Heavy plastic etc. etc. etc. Are APs always like this?

-Linda

the passes have always been paper. there have been threads about this issue before, if you want more info. run a search on it.

Upvote 0

ILOVEDISNEY

General Benefits
Passholder Hotline: Call (407) 560-PASS (7277)† for Walt Disney World® Resort reservations, priority seating at Resort and Theme Park restaurants, information on special events or questions about your Pass.

Mickey Monitor Newsletter: Get the latest information on new attractions, upcoming events, Passholder offers and discounts in this delightful newsletter mailed four times per year (Feb., May, Aug., Nov.). One newsletter per active household is mailed within the U.S. and Puerto Rico.

Passholder Get-Togethers: Look for details in upcoming Mickey Monitor newsletters about the special Disney moments - filled with fun and surprise - offered throughout the year.
Ticket Discounts
Share the excitement! Your friends and family can join you (up to three Guests per visit) at special savings of $4 off regular admission prices for Guests ages 10 and up and $3 off for Guests ages 3-9 to the following:
Downtown Disney® Pleasure Island
DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park
Walt Disney World® Water Parks

Resort Offers
Special Resort Rates: Take advantage of the special Passholder rates that are sometimes available at selected Walt Disney World® Resort hotels and Disney Vacation Club Resorts. See your Mickey Monitor newsletter or the Special Offers section of this Web site for specific offers.
Food & Beverage
Walt Disney World® Food & Beverage Discounts

Resort Lunch Discounts: Get 10% off food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding tax and gratuity) during lunch hours, Monday through Friday, for the Passholder and up to three Guests at selected Walt Disney World® Resort hotel Table Service locations. Call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463)† for Priority Seating. Lunch hours vary by location. Ask at time of booking.

Disney's Bonnet Creek Golf Club
Sand Trap Bar and Grill

Disney's Contemporary Resort
Concourse Steak House

Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas
ESPN Club

Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
Trail's End Buffeteria

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Grand Floridian Café

Disney's Old Key West Resort
Olivia's Café

Disney's Polynesian Resort
Kona Cafe

Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort
Whispering Canyon Cafe

Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
Yacht Club Galley

Epcot® Lunch Discount: Get 10% off food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding tax and gratuity) during lunch hours, Monday through Friday, for the Passholder and up to three Guests at all Epcot® Table Service locations. Call (407) WDW-DINE (939-3463)† for Priority Seating. Lunch hours vary by location. Ask at time of booking.
Alfredo di Roma Ristorante
Biergarten Restaurant
The Garden Grill Restaurant
Le Cellier Steakhouse
Les Chefs de France Restaurant
Mitsukoshi Teppanyaki Restaurant
Nine Dragons Restaurant
Restaurant Akershus
Restaurant Marrakesh
Rose & Crown Pub and Dining Room
San Angel Inn Restaurant
Coral Reef Restaurant
Official All Star Café® at Disney's Wide World of
Sports® Complex: Get 10% off food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding tax and gratuity) for the Passholder and up to three Guests in a setting that celebrates sports with amazing memorabilia. Offer valid for all meal periods.

Downtown Disney Dining Benefits

Wolfgang Puck® Café - DOWNTOWN DISNEY® West Side:
Get 10% off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding tax and gratuity) daily during lunch and dinner. Valid for the Passholder and up to three Guests. Priority Seating is available by calling (407) 938-9653†.

House of Blues® - DOWNTOWN DISNEY® West Side:
Get 20% off the regular price food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding tax and gratuity) for the Passholder and up to five Guests daily before 6:00 p.m. Also receive 10% off regularly -priced merchandise for Passholder only, excluding books, leather, tobacco, jewelry and selected CDs.

Planet Hollywood® - DOWNTOWN DISNEY® West Side:
Get 10% off the regular price food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding tax and gratuity) for the Passholder and up to three Guests daily. Also receive 10% off selected regularly priced merchandise for Passholder only in the Planet Hollywood Shop®.

Rainforest Café® - DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Marketplace:
Get 10% off the regular price food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding tax and gratuity) for the Passholder and up to three Guests daily from 11:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. This discount is also available at the Rainforest Cafe located at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park. 15% off select regularly priced merchandise purchased at the Rainforest Cafe retail store at Downtown Disney Marketplace only. Valid for the Passholder only. Priority Seating is available by calling (407) 827-8500†.

Portobello Yacht Club - DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Pleasure Island:
Get 10% off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding tax and gratuity) during lunch or dinner for the Passholder and up to three Guests. For Priority Seating, call (407) 934-8888†.

Fulton's Crab House - DOWNTOWN DISNEY® Pleasure Island:
Get 10% off the regular price of food and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding tax and gratuity) during lunch or dinner for the Passholder and up to three Guests. For Priority Seating, call (407) 934-BOAT (2628)†.
Merchandise
Walt Disney World® Merchandise Discounts
Leave A Legacy Tile: Buy one Leave a Legacy Tile at Epcot® and get one free. Proof of valid Passholder ID is required in order to receive this offer. Limited one per Passholder

Virgin Megastore DOWNTOWN DISNEY®: 10% discount off total purchase. Must present valid Pass at time of purchase. Discount valid only at Virgin Megastore Downtown Disney® West Side. This offer may not be combined with any other coupon, discount or promotional offer. Not valid on virginmega.com or at airport locations. Excludes personal audio, DVD players, interactive software and accessories, game hardware, Gift cards, Virgin Mobile Top-Up Cards. Valid for the Passholder only.

Downtown Disney® Merchandise Discounts

Downtown Disney area: 10% off merchandise at World of Disney® Store located at Downtown Disney® Marketplace for the Passholder only.*

**Discount not available on purchase of Disney gift certificates, Disney Dollars, videos, food items, film, film processing, Walt Disney Classics Collection and other select merchandise. Discount not available on purchases of merchandise in Walt Disney World® Theme Parks.

Eurospain by Arribas Brothers - Downtown Disney® Marketplace:10% discount off total purchase of merchandise (subject to certain restrictions, exclusions and/or limitations including, but not limited to, Giuseppe Armani Line, Crystal World, Lladró, Nao by Lladró, Swarovski, The Arribas Collection, Waterford and other select merchandise). Valid for Passholder only and valid Passholder ID must be presented at time of purchase.
Walt Disney World Tours
15% off on the following Tours and Experiences:

Magic Kingdom® Park
Disney's Family Magic Tour (all ages)
Keys to the Kingdom (ages 16 and over)
The Magic Behind of Our Steam Trains (ages 10 and over)
Epcot®
Backstage Magic (ages 16 and over)
Dolphins in Depth (ages 13 and over, adult must accompany)
Epcot® Seas Aqua Tour (ages 8 and older, Guests ages 8-16 must be accompanied by an adult)
Epcot® DiveQuest (ages 10 and older, SCUBA certification required, ages 10-14 must be accompanied by an adult)
Gardens of the World (ages 16 and over)
Hidden Treasures (ages 16 and over)
The UnDISCOVERED Future World (ages 16 and over)
Yuletide Fantasy (ages 16 and over, offered seasonally)
Disney-MGM Studios
Backstage Magic (ages 16 and over)
Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
Backstage Safari (ages 16 and over)
Wild by Design (ages 14 and over)
For information and reservations call (407) WDW-TOUR (939-8687)†. Valid for Passholder only. Certain restrictions apply. Advance reservations required.
Sports and Recreation
Golf: 30% off Day Visitor Rates for Passholder and up to three Guests in the party. The discount is available on Day Visitor Rates for play anytime of day. Discounts cannot be applied to any other discount or special rate including, but not limited to, Twilight Rates. Tee times at this rate are limited and may be made up to 14 days in advance. Advance reservations are required. Call (407) WDW-GOLF (939-4653)†.

Miniature Golf: 50% off for the Passholder and up to three Guests.
Disney's Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf
Disney's Winter Summerland Miniature Golf
Grand Floridian Spa & Health Club: 10% off one spa treatment per visit for the Passholder only. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (407) 824-2332†.

Richard Petty Driving Experience: 20.00 discount off the regular price of a Ride-Along Experience or $35 off any Richard Petty Driving Experience package. Valid only at the Walt Disney World® Speedway for the Passholder. Not valid with any other coupon or discount. Call (800) BE-PETTY (237-3889)† for reservations and information.

Saratoga Springs Spa
10% discount off the regular price of one spa treatment each visit for the Passholder. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (407) 827-4455.†

Sammy Duvall's Watersports Centre: 10% off Parasailing, Water-Skiing and Wakeboarding at Sammy Duvall's Watersports Centre at Disney's Contemporary Resort. Reservations required. For more information, call (407) WDW-PLAY (939-7529)†.

Marina Boat Rentals: 15% off the regular price of boat rentals for the Passholder at any Walt Disney World® Resort Marina. Discount subject to availability; certain restrictions apply. Excludes specialty cruises.
Other Discounts
Save Up to 20% off your next car rental Alamo® Rent A Car!
For reservations, call Alamo at (800) 354-2322. Or, book online at Alamo.com. Be sure to request ID # 860292 and Rate Code BY when making your reservation.

Terms and conditions: Discount applies to base rate only. Taxes (including VLF taxes up to US $1.89 per day in California), other governmentally authorized or imposed surcharges, license and concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel, additional driver fee, one-way rental charge and optional items are extra. Renter must meet standard age, driver and credit requirements. 24-hour advance reservation required. May not be combined with other discounts. Availability is limited. Subject to change without notice. Offer valid only at airport-serving locations through 1/01/05. Blackout dates may apply.

Rent from National® Car Rental and you can save up to 20% off your rental!
Call National today at (800) CAR-RENT (227-7368)† or book online at nationalcar.com. When making your reservation, be sure to request Contract ID #5066908.

Terms and conditions: Discount applies to base rate only. Taxes (including VLF taxes up to US $2.06 per day in California and GST), other governmentally authorized or imposed surcharges, license recoupment/air tax recovery and concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel additional driver fee, one-way rental charge and optional items are extra. Renter must meet standard age, driver and credit requirements. Valid on DAILY/WEEKLY/WEEKEND rentals. Advance reservation required. May not be combined with other discounts. Availability is limited. Subject to change without notice. Offer valid at participating National locations only through 1/01/05. Blackout dates may apply.
Annual Pass Entitlements
Your Annual Pass entitles you to admission (during normal operating hours) to Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney-MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, as well as Theme Park parking (excluding special events) and the flexibility to visit multiple Parks and locations on the same day.

Your Annual Pass is valid for one year from your Anniversary Date, which is printed on the back of your Pass.

Not valid for special events requiring a separate admission charge; or special events that are not open to the general public; or for any park commencing operations after May 1, 1998.

Persons under the age of 10 years must be accompanied by a person over the age of 21 years while attending Walt Disney World® Water parks and the DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park. Persons under the age of 7 years must be accompanied by a person over the age of 21 years when attending the Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney-MGM Studios or Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park.

Parks or attractions may change operating hours; close temporarily due to refurbishing, capacity, inclement weather or special events; and may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World Resort.

The owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort reserve the right to revoke the Premium Annual Pass if it is presented for admission by anyone other than the Passholder of record or if the Passholder violates the policies of the Walt Disney World® Resort.

The owners of the Walt Disney World® Resort shall not be liable for non-utilization of ticket components or loss of recreational opportunities due to refurbishing, capacity, inclement weather, special events or any circumstances beyond their control.
Usage Information
Present your valid Pass at time of purchase in order to receive Passholder benefits. Benefits are valid through January 1, 2005.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

My experience with phoning and talking to a CM is, if you tell them you only have an AP voucher, they'll give you the room rates, but to book the room, you'll need to leave a deposit equivalent to one night at the regular rate. However, once you get on-site and get your voucher validated, they'll adjust the balance due to the AP rate.

Other than that, everything ILOVEDISNEY posted is the standard discount for AP stuff. YOu can also look for updates at allearsnet.com Anytime there's a new discount or promotion, they're on it.

Upvote 0

ILOVEDISNEY

Father Ted said:
What are the resort discounts offered to Annual Passholders?

Welcome FT :wave: Are you a father father, or just a father? AP discounts vary per season from about 40% off "rack rate" for value resorts, and increase for moderate and deluxe. Many of the board members (myself included) are now waiting to AP rates to come out for September and October. Check out www.disneyworld.com for promotion for rooms starting at $55 available to anyone. Watch that Pluto's nose though.

Upvote 0

CiNdErELLiE930

I booked a room using a discount code, but am probably going to get an AP pass. Because I have a day left on my hopper from January, I can't get the AP pass or voucher till I get to Florida. Two questions: Where do I trade in my hopper and get an AP without going to the parks (don't want to pay for parking), and after I get the pass and check in to the hotel, will they adjust my rate down (it is only $5 per day but at 9 days, thats $45).

Would it be better to call and change the reservation to an AP one before I go? I leave in 8 days (ok, so that was three questions) LOL

Upvote 0

barnum42

vilegirl said:
Before they started using the biometric data as ID they used to take a photo of you for ID. Those cards were laminated and far more robust. But if your paper one is falling apart you can get a new one made at guest services.

Upvote 0

ILOVEDISNEY

CiNdErELLiE930 said:
I booked a room using a discount code, but am probably going to get an AP pass. Because I have a day left on my hopper from January, I can't get the AP pass or voucher till I get to Florida. Two questions: Where do I trade in my hopper and get an AP without going to the parks (don't want to pay for parking), and after I get the pass and check in to the hotel, will they adjust my rate down (it is only $5 per day but at 9 days, thats $45).

Would it be better to call and change the reservation to an AP one before I go? I leave in 8 days (ok, so that was three questions) LOL

If you have an AP voucher you get free parking into any park to activate the AP at Guest Services.

Upvote 0

CiNdErELLiE930

But I won't have an AP voucher because I have a leftover day from a Hopper pass that I want to apply to the AP pass and I can only do that at guest services. I guess I can do that at DTD before I check in. My main question is since I have a reservation, do I need to change it, or when I show up with my AP pass, can I change the reservation and get the AP discount when I check in?

Upvote 0

scottnj1966

Thumper's Mom said:

There site has been pretty much no working since they updated it.
We just got info for the Stitch opening in the mail and told us to go tot he passholder section. Sounds like a big mess at Disney.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom