Could Mr. Toad's Wild Ride ever come back...?

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
Now I have never been on the original Mr Toad dark ride (I wasn't alive back then) but have heard from many people that it is one of the greatest Disney dark rides ever and that they want it back. Here are some good reasons why they should bring it back someday:

- It would be very cheap to build. Just a Fantasyland show building and some cardboard cutouts.
- It is very popular in Anaheim.
- WDW's 50th is coming in a few years, and it was one of the original rides. Maybe they could bring it back on October 1st 2021.

What do you guys think? Will the classic wild romp through places like towns, farms and Hell ever come back, or will it stay dead?

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
There is a bigger chance the Yeti will be fixed.
Because the Yeti still exists. Mr. Toad has sadly most likely gone to the big plywood chipper in the sky.
or below
toad_devil.jpg

orlando678-

Honestly I dont want a copy of the Disneyland ride. We are in the 21st Century and we dont want cardboard figures eventhough its something they seem to like in Anaheim. I agree that its a fun ride, but I think its nice to keep it unique to Disneyland, where its original ride was made. One thing however, if they were to create something like a mr.toad ride in wdw it should be someting like this:http://www.ericscalesportfolio.blogspot.nl/2009/01/mr-toads-motor-mania-overall-layout.html

mouse_luv

Nope. Sadly. It was one of my favorite rides, but it's gone forever at WDW. They tend to want things now that people recognize with or identify (unfortunately). I feel like people "who don't get it" would be walking by going, 'What is this?!' Not that I would care really because it would mean a shorter standby line! ;)

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
Honestly I dont want a copy of the Disneyland ride. We are in the 21st Century and we dont want cardboard figures eventhough its something they seem to like in Anaheim. I agree that its a fun ride, but I think its nice to keep it unique to Disneyland, where its original ride was made. One thing however, if they were to create something like a mr.toad ride in wdw it should be someting like this:http://www.ericscalesportfolio.blogspot.nl/2009/01/mr-toads-motor-mania-overall-layout.html

This idea is amazing. Just pure amazingness. It's kinda like a sequel to the first ride, and it truly captures the true 'Motor Mania' of the original. I guess your right about the plywood, Disney would never use it anymore, it's way to old. They could use animatronics like the ones from the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
This idea is amazing. Just pure amazingness. It's kinda like a sequel to the first ride,

Technically more of a sequel to just the movie itself.. Because from what I remember, you go to hell at the end of the ride.. Unless we change the theme to us trying to break Mr. Toad out of hell! o_O

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Nope. Sadly. It was one of my favorite rides, but it's gone forever at WDW. They tend to want things now that people recognize with or identify (unfortunately). I feel like people "who don't get it" would be walking by going, 'What is this?!' Not that I would care really because it would mean a shorter standby line! ;)
That can't entirely be true, though! Because when I went to Disneyland in October 2 years ago, it had a pretty long wait time for a dark ride. It was a 25 minute wait from what I remember, while Snow White was a walk-on.. I think.. Or was that Pinnochio?

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
Technically more of a sequel to just the movie itself.. Because from what I remember, you go to hell at the end of the ride.. Unless we change the theme to us trying to break Mr. Toad out of hell! o_O

Did Mr. Toad go to London Tower at the end of the movie? I thought they lived happily ever after. Maybe your right, we should break him out of Hell XD

Goofyernmost

What you see in Disneyland is pretty much exactly what you saw in WDW. So that cardboard cutout is what everyone is whining about. The same thing you could see at any roadside carnival. I just don't understand why.

French Quarter

Funny you should ask the question. I was thinking about this just this morning. It seems to me like it would be a very smart idea for Disney to re-introduce a new, updated version of these retro rides (perhaps one per park) for the 50th celebration. I can see them doing so with Mr. Toad. Of course, "updated" is the key here.

doctornick

I've often thought that bringing Mr. Toad -- or ideally an updated better version of the ride (maybe with LPS vehicles) -- would be a great way for Disney to have a nice all ages ride that would be embraced by "purists" who are often tough to satisfy. Though I wouldn't put one in MK since it really doesn't fit in with the medieval theme of FL that they have now progressed to. I feel like a better location would be either in DAK (if they were to do some sort of cartoon based "Critter Country") or in DHS in a land dedicated to Disney Animated films (an expanded Animation Courtyard or a new Toontown).

orlando678-

I've often thought that bringing Mr. Toad -- or ideally an updated better version of the ride (maybe with LPS vehicles) -- would be a great way for Disney to have a nice all ages ride that would be embraced by "purists" who are often tough to satisfy. Though I wouldn't put one in MK since it really doesn't fit in with the medieval theme of FL that they have now progressed to. I feel like a better location would be either in DAK (if they were to do some sort of cartoon based "Critter Country") or in DHS in a land dedicated to Disney Animated films (an expanded Animation Courtyard or a new Toontown).
Actually MK would be the only place to put it. Fantasyland is only medieval stories, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo, Alice in Wonderland. Mr. Toad is a fantasyland movie and would fit in perfectly. The only other solution would be placing it in the United Kingdom pavilion in Epcot, but that would mean more character rides.

Minnie1986

It was my favorite as well :(

Minnie1986

Could it? Sure anything is possible, will it? Probably not. Would i love it? Hell yeah. Maybe the phase 3 of the Hollywood studio expansion could be Disney nostalgia land. They could rebuild classic attractions and save a bundle on the design phase. Oh to dream
That would be so cool.

rkelly42

I for one loved some of the classic rides, but I can only imagine the bad rap they would be getting if they were still open today. Just look at the state of CoP. Do we really think it would be any different for Mr. Toads or horizons, I doubt it, even if they had been updated it could have ended up like figment. I remember the past fondly, but I am excited to see what the future brings.

Phineas

You know what's weird though? This past trip (got back on the 22nd), on the way into the Magic Kingdom by bus, one of the songs they played was "The Merrily Song" both from the ride and movie. Also, I bought a Mr. Toad pin and T-Shirt-this could (and probably is) all be coincidental for sure, but it struck me as very odd. Mr. Toad has always been one of my favorites-and really, if they just remove that Speedway-they could give us Alice, Pinocchio, and Toad, with likely room to spare.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom