costumes in WDW questions.

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
This will be my first time dressing up to Disney World so I have a few questions
1. Are there costumes WDW doesn't allow during MNSSHP? I'm doing a cursed pirate with a skeleton shirt and skull mask. I imagine this will be okay because Disney has skeletons in quite a few of their rides XD but I just wanted to be sure
2. how warm does it get in Orlando on October nights? Will it be too warm to wear a skull mask?

Figment82

Masks are very strongly discouraged, to the point where I think they are prohibited for adults. It's a safety issue, for both you and the other Guests and CMs.

Plus, October is still quite warm so you will be better off without it. With my Dreamfinder costume I have gloves and I had to take them off before the night was over.

PeoplemoverTTA

How warm does it get in Orlando on October nights? Will it be too warm to wear a skull mask?

I wore a large furry costume of Maggie from "Home on the Range" in 2005 and almost passed out. It was Sept. 29 and it was over 80 degrees still that night. I would maybe bring the mask, but have a bag or backpack to put it in if it's too hot to wear (I ended up having to change out of my costume, it was so hot!).

Have fun!

Bug715

I'm pretty sure that masks are allowed as long as the wearer can see out of them. I don't have my paper that I think says that so don't quote me on it

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
So I should proboly wear make-up instead? If we're not allowed to wear masks, what about that guy dressed like Mickey Mouse? :lol:

Brian_WDW74

During MNSSHP, masks are most certainly allowed. Here are Disney's guidelines for costumes worn during the event:
  1. They should not interfere with the ability to board and unboard attractions and WDW transportation system.
  2. Do not drag on the ground.
  3. Do not contain sharp or pointed objects or material that may accidentally strike another guest.
  4. Are not offensive to other guests.
  5. Should not contain any weapon(s) which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
You should be okay with the cursed pirate costume, as long as it's not overly graphic.

Shelby

ok, so there are no rules against adults dressing up then? I heard that they discouraged adults to dress up????? not sure where I heard that...maybe I dreamt it? anyway, my hubby and I were very disappointed....and now I have to decide what I'm going to be!!! we leave in 9 days!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
ok, so there are no rules against adults dressing up then? I heard that they discouraged adults to dress up????? not sure where I heard that...maybe I dreamt it? anyway, my hubby and I were very disappointed....and now I have to decide what I'm going to be!!! we leave in 9 days!
Adults are not allowed to dress in costume during normal park hours but are encouraged to do so during MNSSHP. Guide lines are as stated before and pretty much follow common sense. No weapons, gore or impersonating a cast member.

Eljay

Here is the official word from Disney...

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World Resort.

We encourage our guests, especially children, to wear costumes to
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! As you select your costume for this event, please keep the following guidelines in mind.
Costumes must not:
Cover the face or obstruct your vision
Hinder your ability to board our attractions or
transportation.
Drag on the ground.
Contain sharp or pointed objects that may injure other guests.
Contain any part, prop or accessory that might be mistaken
for an actual weapon.
Be offensive to other guests.
Be taken as or cause confusion that they may be an actual
Disney character.

We thank you for adhering to these guidelines and hope that you and your
family have a safe and magical evening!

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you

Notice how it says, "Costumes must not cover the face or obstruct your vision." Sounds like no masks to me.

Thessair

I'm tempted to break out my UBCS gear from Resident Evil, but I'm always concerned how fatigues and tac-vests will go in today's ultra-sensitive climate. Ultimately, I've always decided against it. But who knows this year...

Philo

I'm tempted to break out my UBCS gear from Resident Evil, but I'm always concerned how fatigues and tac-vests will go in today's ultra-sensitive climate. Ultimately, I've always decided against it. But who knows this year...

That sounds like an awesome costume - probably not totally appropriate though! Got some time off work at the moment so bought myself Resi 4 on the Wii (dispite already having the GC version) and didn't move till I finished it.

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
half of you say masks are okay, the other half is saying they're not. I'm totally confused now :confused: Can't Disney just say "No maks?" This would make things alot simpler. :veryconfu How about make-up? Has anyone ever seen someone in a mask or make-up before?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
half of you say masks are okay, the other half is saying they're not. I'm totally confused now :confused: Can't Disney just say "No maks?" This would make things alot simpler. :veryconfu How about make-up? Has anyone ever seen someone in a mask or make-up before?
From what I have personally seen Disney will not have an issue with a child wearing a mask but they will take exception to an adult wearing one, especially if it is a full head style of mask. As long as it is not blood and guts make up is fine.

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
That's good 'cause I don't intend to. Thanks :wave:Skull make-up is okay as long as it's not gory? I know i'm asking alot, but I don't want my costume all set-up only to be told they won't allow it. Man, that would stink :lookaroun

Matt Deitz

Does anyone know if a walking stick/cane is allowed? It is part of the costume (Dead Victorian Gentleman) I plan on wearing this year and it certainly won't be the same without the walking stick. :(

Jessica618

I would imagine the walking stick would be fine...I mean, it's basically a cane, right? I've seen old men get really riled up about their cane! ;)

wiigirl

If this to stop children getting confused and stop people runining (or at least lessening) the magic?

Pretty sure thats the reason.
75.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom