costumes in WDW questions.

luv

I have never seen an adult in a mask and have always been under the impression they weren't allowed. If it were me, I'd go with make-up instead of a mask.

It might be warm, but it might not. No way to know. The further you get from September, the better your shot at a cool night.

InLikeFlynn

I've read that masks are allowed as long as they don't obscure your vision. I have seen quite a few people in masks....I see Jack Skellington at pretty much every party.

FettFan

costumes in WDW questions

Best answer: If you're over the age of 9, and of sound mind, HELL NO.

Star Wars Weekends are the worst. Like I really need to see some middle aged guy with a receeding hairline and his I-just-threw-this-together-with-scraps-I-found-on-eBay "bounty hunter" costume.

I remember a few years ago, poor Warwick Davis was thrown for a bit of a loop when some guy in a "Darth Vader" costume showed up on stage for one of the interactive contests.
Or so he *claimed* he was Darth Vader....his costume consisted of Zorro's tunic and cape, D'artagnan's feathered cavalier hat, and the Phantom of the Opera's half-face mask.

Rasvar

I have done costumes many times for MNSSHP. A group I went with last year did our own one off versions of cast outfits that were based on either old ones or far enough off so as to not be seen as official. I did a Jungle Cruise Skipper knockoff last year. No one ever hassled us but we made sure to not pose as cast (even though half the group were cast members).

wilkeliza

costumes in WDW questions

Best answer: If you're over the age of 9, and of sound mind, HELL NO.

Star Wars Weekends are the worst. Like I really need to see some middle aged guy with a receeding hairline and his I-just-threw-this-together-with-scraps-I-found-on-eBay "bounty hunter" costume.

I remember a few years ago, poor Warwick Davis was thrown for a bit of a loop when some guy in a "Darth Vader" costume showed up on stage for one of the interactive contests.
Or so he *claimed* he was Darth Vader....his costume consisted of Zorro's tunic and cape, D'artagnan's feathered cavalier hat, and the Phantom of the Opera's half-face mask.

It is completely allowed for MNSSHP and other special events for adults to dress up. There will be a lot of adults dressed up at the MK as this is their only special event that happens on a regular basis. (The special event clause is what the evil queen was not turned away for SWSA final ride).

Remember the title of the event is Not So Scary. There isn't suppose to be blood or large fake weapons so be mindful of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom