Costumes and the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

kybred72

So, personally I think $175 is a bit too much to spend for the hair, nails, makeup and costume. IF I had all the money in the world, I wouldn't hesitate to pay that for my princess!

Anyway, think BBB would let me bring in my own princess costume for my daughter to put on before or after she's gotten her hair and makeup done?

schro513

I don't think they would have a problem at all with it. I seem to recall several girls with their own (non-bought at the store) costumes on when we had out daughter do just hair, nails and makeup.

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

We made reservations for the BBB for august. The cm asked if we would be bringing our own dress, or purchasing one. I agree, 175$ is a little pricey but my daughter gets a dress every year. Guess i'll spring for it.

Upvote 0

DVC Dave

So, personally I think $175 is a bit too much to spend for the hair, nails, makeup and costume. IF I had all the money in the world, I wouldn't hesitate to pay that for my princess!

Anyway, think BBB would let me bring in my own princess costume for my daughter to put on before or after she's gotten her hair and makeup done?

You can definatly bring your own dress or Costume! When we were there in October for MNSSHP we bought the dress and the whole shabang and we have a great Costume for our daughter as well as some REALLY good Professional type pictures of her as a Disney Princess (Belle). HJowever i saw some kids getting just the hair and makeup and having their own costumes and a few just had very nice dresses. have fun!!!

One word of advice...Maybe it was just because it was MNSSHP time but Our reservation was for 4:00 and the place was SOOO busy we did not get in until 4:45. The Fairy Godmother taking care of us apologized and explained that an out of state firm takes the reservations and decides on how long each makeover will take..not the actual people working in the salon.

The wait aside...it was my 6 year olds best part of our trip

Upvote 0

maharet97a

Thanks for this info. How early in advance do they take reservations. We're taking 3 little Princesses (all age 4) down during Little Ones Travel Time in September.

Upvote 0

kybred72

Original Poster
Thanks for the info everyone! I bet my 5yo will be so enthralled w/ the atmosphere and her own hair and makeup that she won't even realize she's not getting the $$ dress from the store. I hope that doesn't make me a cheapskate but geez...doing vaca at the World is expensive but SOO worth it!

Upvote 0

minnie2000

We went last year for our dd's birthday. She was 6 and her sister was 9, so they both went to the BBB. We had the middle package, I felt the most expensive one was too expensive, especially when you have to pay for 2 children! They were thrilled anyway. We did go looking for a dress in the store, but both my girls are tall and skinny, and the dresses were just the wrong shape for them. Also, they tried a few on, and said that they were all too itchy. In the end they both went for the Alice dress, because it had a tie to the waist, and fitted them, and it wasn't itchy inside.

DSC03503.jpg

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Yeah those dresses are way too itchy for many children. If you decide that BBB is out of your price, check your local malls and see if you have a Libby Lu's near you. They will let you wear your dress of choice as well. (they have been around for several years and do the same thing as BBB).

Upvote 0

OneLuckyMom

How early in advance do they take reservations.

You can make reservations up to 180 days in advance. That's a true 180 days before the appointment date, not 180 days before your arrival date like dining ADRs.

I personally like getting the first appointment of the morning. We did that last year, and it worked well for us - there was no feeling of chaos or being rushed. In fact, my daughter enjoyed it so much we've booked the same for this year.

One word of advice - if you have a shy child, the $175 package may be too much for them. My daughter loves getting attention, but hates being the center of attention with lots of people looking at her. She actually didn't WANT to get dressed up in costume while at BBB for this reason - so we only did the $45 package. It didn't matter that lots of kids were dressed up, she still felt like everyone would be looking at her if she had on a costume. Instead, we went back to the hotel, she put on her Belle costume we brought from home and took a few shots on the grounds of the hotel (which turned out great, even though we were only at ASMovies - just find a nice grassy area with some pretty bushes behind). My daughter then changed back into a normal dress and we went on to hit the parks. Having "fancy" hair got her a few comments from waitresses and such that she loved, but the attention didn't overwhelm her.

Upvote 0

maelstrom

You can definitely bring your own dress and get a cheaper package that doesn't include a dress. It doesn't even have to be a Disney princess dress, just any dress that makes your daughter feel like a princess.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom