Cost of going to DW waaaay too high.

Jrb1979

What do you mean by entitled in this context? I imagine a lot of people here are Disney theme park fans and not necessarily fans of amusement parks in general. Cedar Point isn't going to appeal to people like me who fall into this bucket.
Entitled might not be the best word. I do understand not liking other parks and only Disney and Cedar Point not appealing to you. To each their own and you can like what you like. That's has never bothered me. What does bug me is how dismissive and how much many Disney fans look down on places like Cedar Point.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know they a different markets. As a person who is a big amusement/theme park fan, it bugs me to see how quick Disney fans dismiss parks like Cedar Point.
You have to consider that some of the reason people are Disney fanatics is because they reject traditional amusements

some people counter that by rejecting Disney only going where ACE goes

then there are middles. I consider myself one…I’ve spent more time/scratch on Disney parks as near anyone my age…but I also grew up at kennywood. Love live the Kangaroo!!!

where I agree with you is when people won’t consider the qualities of universal or other competitors because they can’t look at it with enough maturity…they typically are spotted in those Dooney bags, with a pin lanyard, or have a closet with an ear collection at home 🤪

I try to accept people’s flaws as they are👍🏻

What do you mean by entitled in this context? I imagine a lot of people here are Disney theme park fans and not necessarily fans of amusement parks in general. Cedar Point isn't going to appeal to people like me who fall into this bucket.
It’s not “entitlement” it’s arrogance that is often on display and looks a little tacky. But that’s just some cases…not everyone.

Disstevefan1

You were the one that asked me to compare them… not my fault the data didn’t show the results you expected.

I‘m not justifying anything, just showing how the “runaway” price increases are pretty standard across the entire world, not just Disney.
I was just confirming your findings, you are correct. Prices for everything for the most part go in one direction, up.

The dollar store is now $1.25. Is inflation at 25 percent, no not yet, but the dollar store uses it as a reason to up the prices.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You were the one that asked me to compare them… not my fault the data didn’t show the results you expected.

I‘m not justifying anything, just showing how the “runaway” price increases are pretty standard across the entire world, not just Disney.
But the “data” can be twisted when you look at it as a chart in a vacuum…it has been done all over the place on this thread

SteveAZee

But the “data” can be twisted when you look at it as a chart in a vacuum…it has been done all over the place on this thread
Yes, I do wonder about this... what most people perceive as too expensive. First time home buyers looking at listings, first time car buyers looking around car lots, and people looking at Disney's website planning that family vacation. I think there's sticker shock and then some point of deciding whether it's worth putting money into it or not.

Most of us here remember pricing from 10, 20, 30 years ago and have trouble with the increases compared to value.

Communicora

Premium Member
Most of us here remember pricing from 10, 20, 30 years ago and have trouble with the increases compared to value.
Indeed. I was pricing out a trip for the summer and I started thinking how I could go on a pretty fantastic trip to Paris for the same amount of money or less. I love many things about visiting WDW, but the crowding, hassles and hotel value make me question its worth to me right now.

Vegas Disney Fan

The difference in regards to WDW and Cedar Point is very obvious. Theme parks as opposed to an amusement park .
So I’ve now been told comparing the price increases of Disney to homes isn’t relevant, comparing to other forms of entertainment isn’t relevant, and now comparing to other amusement parks isn’t relevant.

I give up, you all win… I’ll stop giving factual examples of how Disney price increases mirror the price increases of everything else in the world and just let everyone continue to believe their Disney is some anomaly that has increased their prices while everything else in the world has stayed the same price it was 50 years ago.

Disstevefan1

So I’ve now been told comparing the price increases of Disney to homes isn’t relevant, comparing to other forms of entertainment isn’t relevant, and now comparing to other amusement parks isn’t relevant.

I give up, you all win… I’ll stop giving factual examples of how Disney price increases mirror the price increases of everything else in the world and just let everyone continue to believe their Disney is some anomaly that has increased their prices while everything else in the world has stayed the same price it was 50 years ago.
No, you win, WDW is perfectly priced and the prices will continue to climb and those who can afford it will still go and those who can’t won’t.

Note to those who can’t afford it. Disney asks, please rework you daily budgets so that you can save up money so you can feed the mouse.

For all of you can’t find the money to go to WDW, your attendance is no longer wanted or needed, but Disney does ask that you please scrape up enough money to keep your Disney + subscription going.

Lilofan

Anyone that thinks - same price / 50 years ago, needs to have their head examined.

Lilofan

No, you win, WDW is perfectly priced and the prices will continue to climb and those who can afford it will still go and those who can’t won’t.

Note to those who can’t afford it. Disney asks, please rework you daily budgets so that you can save up money so you can feed the mouse.

For all of you can’t find the money to go to WDW, your attendance is no longer wanted or needed, but Disney does ask that you please scrape up enough money to keep your Disney + subscription going.
Rework daily budgets is wishful thinking. In case you haven't heard credit card debt in the USA is at record levels. Believe it or not some go on vacation with money they don't have .

Raxel7851

The difference in regards to WDW and Cedar Point is very obvious. Theme parks as opposed to an amusement park .
I like that analogy. We’ve been to Cedar Point. Even stayed on site at the Breakers on Lake Erie. We’re less than 90 minutes from Hershey Park. We enjoy Hershey more than Cedar. However both are seasonal parks. Even though we’re that close to Hershey, we go there once a year, as opposed to making the trek to Disney 3-4 times a year. They are 2 totally distinctly different experiences.

Disstevefan1

Rework daily budgets is wishful thinking. In case you haven't heard credit card debt in the USA is at record levels. Believe it or not some go on vacation with money they don't have .
None of my post was meant to be serious. To add to my fictional post:
"Those who can't rework their budget, Disney asks you borrow the money to take your WDW vacation." ;)

wutisgood

Yea prices on other things suck too that doesn't make Disney less of an . They make plenty of money in tokyo and don't have to extract so much money from guests. Disney parks in the US at least ARE an anomaly in the entertainment world because they price things inside their own bubble with no regard to what competitors do. Almost every other form of entertainment has ways to get significant discounts if you are flexible or know where to look. The STICKER price has gone up on many things but that does not mean the actual price paid have gone up as much. Once disney got rid of any actual deals is when the real cost skyrocketed and the value went down.

Jrb1979

I like that analogy. We’ve been to Cedar Point. Even stayed on site at the Breakers on Lake Erie. We’re less than 90 minutes from Hershey Park. We enjoy Hershey more than Cedar. However both are seasonal parks. Even though we’re that close to Hershey, we go there once a year, as opposed to making the trek to Disney 3-4 times a year. They are 2 totally distinctly different experiences.
Most know they are different experiences. My argument comes from how dismissive a lot of Disney fans are to those parks. I enjoy Cedar Point and Hershey Park far more then Disney.

A lot of that is that I still love coasters and thrills. Also my body is still able to handle it.

Lilofan

Most know they are different experiences. My argument comes from how dismissive a lot of Disney fans are to those parks. I enjoy Cedar Point and Hershey Park far more then Disney.

A lot of that is that I still love coasters and thrills. Also my body is still able to handle it.
Your opinions are noted, enjoying more of CP and HP over WDW. Please understand that others have a difference of opinion and not " dismissive" as you claim they are in their feedback.

Jrb1979

Your opinions are noted, enjoying more of CP and HP over WDW. Please understand that others have a difference of opinion and not " dismissive" as you claim they are in their feedback.
It's not the difference of opinion that's dismissive. It's the jabs and comments that look down on those parks that's dismissive. I have seen posted on here a few times describing places like Cedar Point as a park with exposed steel every where

Lilofan

It's not the difference of opinion that's dismissive. It's the jabs and comments that look down on those parks that's dismissive. I have seen posted on here a few times describing places like Cedar Point as a park with exposed steel every where
I've heard Cedar Point from others as being referred to a concrete jungle with little theming. Everyone has a right to state their own opinion .

Raxel7851

I've heard Cedar Point from others as being referred to a concrete jungle with little theming. Everyone has a right to state their own opinion .
There is no theming at Cedar Pointe. Granted it’s full of coasters, however at least at Hershey there is a “candy” theme. The on-site hotel, Breakers, has a Perkins Pancake House as one of their main dining options. Oh, and Domino’s pizza. If you’re a local, I can see going there often. It’s a decent option May-Oct.

Jrb1979

There is no theming at Cedar Pointe. Granted it’s full of coasters, however at least at Hershey there is a “candy” theme. The on-site hotel, Breakers, has a Perkins Pancake House as one of their main dining options. Oh, and Domino’s pizza. If you’re a local, I can see going there often. It’s a decent option May-Oct.
I live 5 hours away in another country and usually go there multiple times a summer. There is theming at Cedar Point. They have frontier town and a Western village. They have also added in the last few years a themed island with actors telling a story. They have done quite a bit to theme things. Their newest ride is a Western themed Jungle cruise ride.

I have to ask do you like coasters much? Hershey park has some the best in the country

wutisgood

Cedar point is on a peninsula where most coasters have a good view of the water and many view the coaster skylines themselves as a notable view. It is not a parking lot coaster place like other cheap parks. Maverick was even built out into some of the water to save space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom