Cost of going to DW waaaay too high.

Wilbret

Pay for a ticket, $25 for parking and then wait up to 2 hours to get into an attraction, unless, you want to pay another $15 for a fast pass for 2 attractions! What a way to drive people away! This is NOT what Walt had in mind.
Yep, we cut back a few years ago to only do MNSSHP, and a few days at the parks with the family. Without a real HW party, we just did 5 days at the park this year. True story, season passes to: Six Flags, Universal, Lego, SeaWorld, GatorLand, Aquarium, Zoo, Museum (with access to almost all museums) = $850 or less, total. What does an annual pass at DW cost? It's insane to think what you can get.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The primary driver for our current inflation has been the pandemic. Lots of basic consumer items (toilet paper, toys, furniture, etc.) have been in very short supply. Supply goes down and demand goes up and inflation hits.

I certainly agree with you that Disney stock is not the best for returns and growth. But Disney is only one of a large number of a diversified group of investments. I keep an old share of WorldCom, Inc. prominently displayed in my office to remind me that any company can fail at any time. By the time us peons in the peanut gallery find out, it's too late for us to recover.

I am fortunate because I'm in a position that allows me to have a lot of risk tolerance. But of course, I'm sure you know that everyone's risk tolerance is different.

I deal with tangible items for investment such as undeveloped or agricultural land and mineral rights. A section or two keeps me busy, I can go out and play on it without looking at a screen. I've enough exposure to telecommunications stock to capture market gains and work with quite a few former WorldCom technical staff.

Chef Mickey

The northeast has economy seats regularly for 1k often less. Tokyo is a very competitive market. There are a lot of airbnbs for really cheap and public transit makes travel easy to various attractions.
Yeah, but now you're comparing the most budget trip to an average Disney trip.

I can do a budget Disney trip and fly there for $100/person if I get a deal, stay at a cheap offsite, and eat quick services or even bring food in the parks. I don't think that's very realistic.

Tokyo flights are in general more in the $1500 for any reasonable itinerary. Yes, I've seen the super cheap hauls from Minnesota or at times LAX, but depending on where you come from, those aren't always possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom