Cosmic Rewind has 2 flights of stars at Exit how dumb

Married5Times

im assuming its the angle that its taken and the fact that its a 2d picture, i guess i should have asked is does it feel as aggressive as it looks,
it is aggressive!!!! in the context of Disney egress.

My first time exiting I was in sheer disbelief at the abrupt......"'straight out the gate" very significant ascent...........only to pretty much immediately descend in what I consider very intimidating downward stairs(when weighing in perhaps 20,000 people per day travel these stairs and we are in the USA on Disney property no less)

the whole extremely abrupt walk up and then down feels unwelcoming and foreign at a Disney park.

some of you can bring up other rides be it universal or Disney but those are more gradual and friendly to guests with their stairs

ppete1975

it is aggressive!!!! in the context of Disney egress.

My first time exiting I was in sheer disbelief at the abrupt......"'straight out the gate" very significant ascent...........only to pretty much immediately descend in what I consider very intimidating downward stairs(when weighing in perhaps 20,000 people per day travel these stairs and we are in the USA on Disney property no less)

the whole extremely abrupt walk up and then down feels unwelcoming and foreign at a Disney park.

some of you can bring up other rides be it universal or Disney but those are more gradual and friendly to guests with their stairs
im just thinking it looks super aggressive especially when you consider children, older people, and lets admit americans that dont get much exercise.

Married5Times

im just thinking it looks super aggressive especially when you consider children, older people, and lets admit americans that dont get much exercise.
yes, yes

and that is EXACTLY what I meant when I brought up this looks way too aggressive for Disney...........be it to code/Am with Disabilities Act or not.

Somebody will get seriously hurt. It's inevitable one will be limping the rest of life if not killed or paralyzed due to a fall on those stairs.
Disney should know better..........again regardless of being compliant with all building codes.

vikescaper

Does anyone know how high up from actual ground level the tracks are at unload? I was wondering that instead of going over the tracks, that it may have been better to go under. Don’t know if that would have been feasible, though.

Ayla

good point, i know there have been studies where they change the height up or down and people actually have trouble walking it as our bodies are used to that height.
This image though looks like 5 million steps almost straight down.
im assuming its the angle that its taken and the fact that its a 2d picture, i guess i should have asked is does it feel as aggressive as it looks, or for the majority of guests not a big deal
View attachment 659070
Wait, this is the actual ride exit, not an emergency exit?!

Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Goofyernmost

Of course, that must be brought up. Going upstairs easily does require a certain degree of fitness. Going downstairs requires balance and stability. Something specific that is not part of an exercise regiment. Balance is what affects walking and even that, oh so often, heralded motion sickness problem. It's not a let's blame it on the out of shape Americans excuse. Gravity requires no exercise to work.

Lilofan

Of course, that must be brought up. Going upstairs easily does require a certain degree of fitness. Going downstairs requires balance and stability. Something specific that is not part of an exercise regiment. Balance is what affects walking and even that, oh so often, heralded motion sickness problem. It's not a let's blame it on the out of shape Americans excuse. Gravity requires no exercise to work.
Lets don't forget some have been killed texting while walking hit by oncoming cars ( ie in UK ) I've seen some texting, face glued to their smartphones while using staircases , not the smartest thing to do.

Married5Times

Does anyone know how high up from actual ground level the tracks are at unload? I was wondering that instead of going over the tracks, that it may have been better to go under. Don’t know if that would have been feasible, though.

that was on my mind, too on day one of riding/exiting.........

And then I pretty much dismissed it in my head as "well there must be a logical reason it was not done----some fixed impediment/some unworkable heights and widths at play that would have interfered with proper egress"

lazyboy97o

There’s a bunch of equipment for the stations and switches beneath the track. That needs to be accessible for maintenance and is the bigger obstacle than going up and over.

Smiley/OCD

Wait, this is the actual ride exit, not an emergency exit?!

Who the hell thought that was a good idea?
My 24 y.o. DD just got back…went on it for the first time…found the ride VERY disorientating and had to wait a few minutes to get her bearings to go down the stairs to exit. It looks like this will be the FIRST ride at WDW I don’t go on…

Lilofan

My friend’s husband rode recently. He felt very unstable and woozy after the ride. He sat down and a cast member noticed him and gave him a cold bottle of water. After about 15 min he and his wife slowly walked down the exit staircase.

Ayla

My 24 y.o. DD just got back…went on it for the first time…found the ride VERY disorientating and had to wait a few minutes to get her bearings to go down the stairs to exit. It looks like this will be the FIRST ride at WDW I don’t go on…
Yup.

Everyone who is saying "just use the elevator!!" doesn't realize 1) how small it is and 2) you have to request to use the elevator which is monitored by CM's. It isn't an elevator that holds 60 people and anyone can get on at any time.

lewisc

There are elevators. Guests with scooters use them. Other guests have the option.
I’m still shocked that those stairs don’t dump directly into the gift shop. It seems so unlike Disney.
I rode GotG CR during the AP previews. The gift shop was closed. I, wrongly, assumed the ride would normally exist through the gift shop.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

Yup.

Everyone who is saying "just use the elevator!!" doesn't realize 1) how small it is and 2) you have to request to use the elevator which is monitored by CM's. It isn't an elevator that holds 60 people and anyone can get on at any time.
It must be the size of the elevator at the Land pavilion (but at least they have 2 there)

ppete1975

There are elevators. Guests with scooters use them. Other guests have the option.

I rode GotG CR during the AP previews. The gift shop was closed. I, wrongly, assumed the ride would normally exist through the gift shop.
most people arent going to use the elevators unless they are in a scooter, wheel chair or have a stroller. But I need to see and experience in person before i can make an informed decision. Just an odd choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom