Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe

Nansafan

Original Poster
I have discovered my new favorite entertainment at WDW. We just returned home from 8 fun-filled days at WDW. (I'd say sun-filled but it rained everyday.) Anyway, his name is Sonny Eclipse and he performs at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. He is the original lounge lizard from another planet. Has anyone else seen him? He even has a song on the 100 years cd.

Rider

We ALWAYS eat lunch there.

I remember the first time I went they had blue mayonaise. The next time it was gone. Anyone know why?

rocketman23

Wow, I'm not a fan of the place... at all. The food's ok, but the atmosphere is the pits. It is packed most of the time and I find Sonny very annoying. I try to avoid eating here... oh well!

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Sonny Eclipse is the BEST.

I always make a trip to "The Lunching Pad" at Rockettower Plaza and buy a huge turkey leg before I visit with Sonny. It's just a few steps away. Also, I always sit down and eat my turkey leg at a table while I listen to Sonny. Great show!:lol:

FanofDinsey1981

I too enjoy the sonny ray entertainment.

here is a good tip tho.... for the night parade, get dinner there and eat outside. there is a really neat angle on the parade (though you are no where near close to it...)

DisneyFreak721

I try to go to Cosmic Rays when I go, but it is ALWAYS way too crowded for me. So I usually find myself getting the Fish/Chicken/and "chips" at the Columbia Harbour House and taking it to the second floor

Talsonic

Account Suspended
Health!

Originally posted by DisneyFreak721
I try to go to Cosmic Rays when I go, but it is ALWAYS way too crowded for me. So I usually find myself getting the Fish/Chicken/and "chips" at the Columbia Harbour House and taking it to the second floor

If you keep eating that deep fried stuff at Columbia Harbour House, I'd make sure you have a very good health plan!:rolleyes:

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by DisneyFreak721

whoa, wait...you can STILL go to the second floor?! i didn't know that!! they always have the stairs roped off when i'm there! i haven't eaten on the second floor of the Harbour House in YEARS!!! i'd say at least 7 or so years! i always loved sitting in the area that overlooked Liberty Square and Fantasyland! that was always the coolest thing to me!

Dizknee_Phreek

Re: Health!

Originally posted by Talsonic

If you keep eating that deep fried stuff at Columbia Harbour House, I'd make sure you have a very good health plan!:rolleyes:

like the burgers, pizza, and hot dogs at WDW are any healthier? i refuse to eat healthy at WDW...i'm on vacation!! but, then again, i'm not exactly the healthiest eater at home either, so...

Dizknee_Phreek

i've seen Sonny, but unfortunately have never been able to sit in the room and watch him. my sister is a diabetic, and so she has to eat at certain times...since we want to keep the tradition of eating as a family in tact as long as possible, we choose to eat when she eats...so the times that we eat are always the times when the room Sonny is in is REALLY crowded. my sis LOVES Cosmic Ray's, so she eats there every trip...i however am not that big of a fan of the burgers there, so i choose to go to Plaza Pavillion (the only place that i can find whose pizza is almost as good as the old kind the pizza place in Future World served) so in that case we split up and sometimes we'll just all meet at the Plaza Pavillion to eat together.

thanks, Turbogames for the recommendation! i'll definately have to try that on my next trip! i've always wondered how their chicken is!!!

Rider, i personally don't remember the blue mayo! but that sounds awesome! maybe they'll bring it back since everything else is changing colors now (maybe they'll even bring the green ketsup into the picture soon! that'd be so cool!)

tarabl

Cosmic Rays is the best. We love the chicken cesear salad. This place is a good option with kids since it offers plenty to choose from. We eat there every trip. Our trip wouldn't be complete with Cosmic Rays

foxfire

Yep, CRSC is definitely my favorite place to eat. I always make it a point to go there (since it was the Tomorrowland Terrace---whoa, I feel old).

Even if I'm in another park I hop over there to eat---and always get the same thing---the multi-stage sandwich. One time that I was there it was SO crowded we ate outside with our trays balanced on the ledge. I usually try to sit down by Sonny though if I can find a seat. I always get a pic w/ him too.

General Grizz

Sonny's great. I used to go in there in the morning and watch him perform before anyone (except Cast Member cleaners) were in there. Then, I'd go back for lunch.

I haven't seen him for the past few times; I better hurry back.

Whoa...that sounded weird..."hurry baaack..."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom