Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
I remember before Sonny was installed at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café, another band of animatronic alien singers were on the stage. I even remember seeing a poster of them. If anyone else remembers this please reply.

DarkMeasures

The other people who performed at that theatre that I know have are actually real people. Like Michael Iceburg. But remember in Tommorowland back in 95 that there is a separate stage under Sonny that a live band would play in.

And also back then, there was CMs dressed as Aliens or something for a show at the Galazy Palace theatre. (I think so, but I am not sure. Can someone back me up?).

Jerm

I am 99.9% sure that Sonny is the one and only AA that has held that spot. I don't have all the info but I recall back when the new Tomorrow Land opened I have a Disney Mag that gave the info on Sonny. Maybe you are thinking of one of the Sonny look alikes from Japan.

J

Captain Hank

DarkMeasures said:
The other people who performed at that theatre that I know have are actually real people. Like Michael Iceburg. But remember in Tommorowland back in 95 that there is a separate stage under Sonny that a live band would play in.

And also back then, there was CMs dressed as Aliens or something for a show at the Galazy Palace theatre. (I think so, but I am not sure. Can someone back me up?).
There was a show there for some time called "Galaxy Search." It was a combination of live CM's and an animatronic dragon-type thingy.

Pioneer Hall

hcwalker16 said:
There was a show there for some time called "Galaxy Search." It was a combination of live CM's and an animatronic dragon-type thingy.

Wasn't that at the Galaxy palace Theater. it was taken away like 3-4 years ago.

Captain Hank

DisneyInsider said:
Wasn't that at the Galaxy palace Theater. it was taken away like 3-4 years ago.
Yeah, I was responding to the second half of DarkMeasure's post. I thought the show left even a few years before that.

Captain Hank

CoffeeJedi said:
sounds like Sonny Eclipse to me:
http://www.mousepal.com/pictures.asp?Pic=Sonny Eclipse at Cosmic Rays
take away the hair and the suit, and the character easily looks like a rather cartoonish dragon
Sorry, I didn't specify which theater I meant. I was responding to the second half of DarkMeasure's above post. "Galaxy Search" took place in the Galaxy Palace theater, which is roughly between Buzz Lightyear and the Carousel of Progress. The dragon of which I spoke was quite large, though it was a relatively crude animatronic. I believe it ended up eating one of the birdlike contestants for the show--I definately rember it coughing up feathers.

As far as I know, only Sonny or live entertainment have ever been on the Cosmic Ray's stage.

Sorry for the confusion! :wave:

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
I don't know... all I remember was a sign for a band with a yellow, fuzzzy guitar player and a pink, antennaed female alien and two others, who I can't describe because of my lack of memory.

CEC TV

Hey everyone, this is my first post.

I've played 'Cosmic Rays', on the stage that raises up from under Sonny. It was very exciting. It was my first time going through the Utilidors, too! :) I wish I knew where my video was.

imagineer boy

Jerm said:
I am 99.9% sure that Sonny is the one and only AA that has held that spot. I don't have all the info but I recall back when the new Tomorrow Land opened I have a Disney Mag that gave the info on Sonny. Maybe you are thinking of one of the Sonny look alikes from Japan.

J

Sonny look alike in Japan?! The AA alien in the pizza resturaunt there looks nothing like Sonny. The only other Alien Animatronic that I think you might be confusing with is the animatronic alien in Star Tour's qeue which is exclusive to Japan.

Jerm

jedimaster1227 said:
No one believes me!!!!!

It's not that no one believes you its the fact that Sonny is the only AA to ever play at Comic Ray's. So we just don't know what you are talking about, if you have a dates or ever a year when you may be thinking of it I am sure we could find out what you may have been thinking about.

j

Disneyfan1981

Last June when I went for my honeymoon, we walked through Cosmic Rays and Sonny wasn't playing as usual for our other trips. Is he still around? :confused:

Goofy4WDW

Disneyfan1981 said:
Last June when I went for my honeymoon, we walked through Cosmic Rays and Sonny wasn't playing as usual for our other trips. Is he still around? :confused:

Yep, Sonny is still there. He was performing as usual last month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom