Cosmic Ray's Anyone?

PUSH

Cosmic Ray's is always a must do for us. It's a great QS restaurant, along with Pecos Bill and CHH. Those are the three of the top 4 best QS locations on propert, IMO. The other would be SS.

Cmoore12282

My wife and I love Cosmic Rays! We always arrive to disney on a sunday which is emh for mk so it allows us to settle in and relax a bit before heading to the park. Its become tradition to have a late dinner at rays out on the patio watching the castle show and fireworks while we eat. It makes for a perfect start to a vacation. The patio has always been pretty empty too so you can just take your time and relax and watch everyone else crammed in the hub. We tried it for lunch for the first time last year and it was shockingly busy, waiting in line for a seat after waiting in line for your food...i will say though they had a very efficient seating system though. Moral of the story...night time is the right time! Oh and i love that newer (or at least new to me) turkey sandwhich they have now.

PUSH

I usually end up doing Flame Tree BBQ if I eat a QS at AK but its a half day park for me so I can always leave and eat somewhere else.

This is what I find myself doing at DHS and AK most of the time. If we don't have an ADR lined up, which we don't for our June trip.

PolynesianPrincess

We LOVE Cosmic Rays. In fact I was just listening to Mr. Sonny Eclipse's show on my iPod earlier at work. CR holds a special place for us. It's the first QS place I ever remember eating at in MK. This was back when it was called Tomorrowland Terrace. I distinctly remember drinking Cherry Coke there and I remember the way it smelled. It smelled like peanut butter and jelly (don't ask, that's what I remember! lol) But it's one of my earliest WDW memories ever. While we try to sit inside and listen to Sonny's fantastic show, sometimes we switch it up and sit out on the patio if it's nice out to sit and eat and overlook Cinderella Castle. Definitely my favorite QS in MK :)

DizneyPryncess

DH loves Cosmic Ray's! Whenever I'm planning, he reminds me to include this somewhere. Same with the Electric Umbrella. I can't remember what we usually get, but I think it's a decent QS!

DugFan1

Original Poster
Thank you sharing your thoughts everybody...glad to see others sharing the love for Cosmic Ray's and Sunny Eclipse!!

BoarderPhreak

I'm actually more of a Pecos kinda guy, but I keep hearing about Ray's. I'm going to make a concerted effort to check it out this next trip.

Anyone remember how that area used to be a stage and they had LIVE bands there? I swear I saw Starship perform there sometime in the late 80's/early 90's.
Yep! I saw an Olivia Newton John cover band there. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom