Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayla

I’ve been stalking the WDW website for nearly 3 weeks trying to find a room for the beginning of November and everything has been over $1000 a night, a POFQ room showed up last night for $312 a night and I immediately booked it.

Unless people start canceling in mass I don’t think occupancy is going to be an issue for Disney.
I booked a last minute trip and had lots of options before Oct 1st.

Nubs70

I’ve been stalking the WDW website for nearly 3 weeks trying to find a room for the beginning of November and everything has been over $1000 a night, a POFQ room showed up last night for $312 a night and I immediately booked it.

Unless people start canceling in mass I don’t think occupancy is going to be an issue for Disney.
POFQ is the best. The most beautiful spot is at the frog pond late at night when the ankle biters are long gone to bed. Nice place to sit and have a drink.

Lilofan

Port Orleans to me is not the same after the all u can eat breakfast buffet at French Quarter was discontinued years ago. All u can eat breakfast items including grilled sirloin steak and sugary beignets ( reminds me of the best ones at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans, no longer 24/7) .

Vegas Disney Fan

I booked a last minute trip and had lots of options before Oct 1st.

We booked a trip a month ahead of time last November and had tons of options, even with many resorts still closed. With the 50th starting next month the rooms seem to be booked solid through the end of the year.

POFQ is the best. The most beautiful spot is at the frog pond late at night when the ankle biters are long gone to bed. Nice place to sit and have a drink.
Our favorite resort also, we’ve stayed at Caribbean (which we also enjoy) our last couple trips so we’re looking forward to POFQ again, we tend to book last minute do to crazy work schedules and it’s usually sold out by the time we know we can go, I think the last time we stayed there was in 2017.

Christi22222

Same! I mean, for a week now, the "bargain" room has been GF for just under $900 without taxes. What in the heck?! I fully expect to pay a premium to stay on property, but this is beyond insane! Boardwalk for over $1000? My brain has actually stopped computing.

Edited to add: Good job on grabbing that POFQ! I would love to snag something like that. Glad to hear some good luck still happens.

Nubs70

We booked a trip a month ahead of time last November and had tons of options, even with many resorts still closed. With the 50th starting next month the rooms seem to be booked solid through the end of the year.

Our favorite resort also, we’ve stayed at Caribbean (which we also enjoy) our last couple trips so we’re looking forward to POFQ again, we tend to book last minute do to crazy work schedules and it’s usually sold out by the time we know we can go, I think the last time we stayed there was in 2017.
Crazy work schedules - tell me about it. I have an impending mill start up looming which have been pushed back 3 months now which will consume my life for about 4 months. Booked a last minute trip for 2 to Cancun. All inclusive, flights, transfer, insurance for a little more ($30/night).

BrianLo

Hurray Canada!

I've complained many times about Alberta, but time and again we've tried to take the American approach and it has failed/backfired. Alberta has emergency introduced vaccine passports, which is pretty historic. This puts Canada all in on vaccine passports. The premiere had sworn he was not going to introduce them.

For those that really don't understand, Alberta currently is the most right leaning and least vaccinated of the Provinces (or Sask, but Alberta has actual major population centres). However, it's still well above the US average.

"It is now clear that we were wrong, and for that I apologize," Kenney said (the premiere)

This is a big deal. Unfortunately the hospital is literally falling apart, which had to happen for them to relent.

BrianLo

Oh and when I said introduce, I really mean cell phone emergency order-push, we’re starting in a few hours introduced.

Attachments

• 932AB0C0-2A9B-4D1A-AE6D-A96122E22F9A.png
    932AB0C0-2A9B-4D1A-AE6D-A96122E22F9A.png
    304.2 KB · Views: 103

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Port Orleans to me is not the same after the all u can eat breakfast buffet at French Quarter was discontinued years ago. All u can eat breakfast items including grilled sirloin steak and sugary beignets ( reminds me of the best ones at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans, no longer 24/7) .
That was discontinued over 21 or so years ago, wasn’t it?

DisneyCane

They will have to get weekly tests once the OSHA rules kick in unless the teams just eat the fines which they may be willing to do. The unvaccinated players are subject to a bunch of additional protocols like separate locker areas and not being in the same area of the team plane or eating at the same table as teammates. I think it’s actually a pretty good example of allowing people to remain unvaccinated but their lives are altered in certain ways.
Do NBA teams have over 100 employees? NFL for sure does but with NBA roster sizes and coaching staff sizes there would be a lot of front office people to get to 100.

DisneyCane

Absolutely false. The likelihood of survival is somewhere around 50%. It varies widely depending on such factors as the age of the patient, but the point is that being ventilated is not a death sentence; on the contrary, it’s some people’s only chance of making it.
I don't think it is that "good" of a survival rate. From info I have for a few hospitals it seems like maybe 30% survive and there doesn't seem to be a difference if the person was vaccinated once they end up on a ventilator.

It may be their only chance but it isn't a good chance. My point was that you don't want to end up on a ventilator if you have COVID.

DisneyCane

Back in late July, I did an analysis of the FL outbreak spike and predicted that the peak of the seven day rolling average would likely be on or about 8/21 and that it would subside to the pre-spike levels around 9/27, just in time for the 50th. The peak wasn't captured in the case data because the positivity got so high during the plateau but the hospitalization graph shows the likely real shape of the case curve. I drew in red what it probably really looked like. If you take the endpoints of the plateau and find the middle you get 8/21.

The rate of decline slowed a bit this week likely due to some combination of labor day and school starting a few weeks ago. If the rate of decline doesn't increase again then it could be 4-6 weeks from now to get back down to that 1500 case per day level and sustained under 5% positivity. If the rate of decline increases again it will probably the first week of October.

My unsophisticated model didn't have the ability to predict the effect of labor day changing the variables up.

ltc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom