Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

The CDC reports what the States send them. Do you have a link to every State that details their criteria to count a death as a COVID death in their statistics? I've not had the inclination to research it but it is quite possible that some States use a lower bar to count a death as a COVID death than others.

The CDC has seemingly gone to greater lengths to determine the real cause in the case of breakthrough infections because a death that is caused by COVID in a breakthrough infection is very important with respect to determining guidelines for fully vaccinated people. In an unvaccinated person, it isn't nearly as important to have accurate statistics on cause of death.

Also, you shouldn't say things like "most doctors agree" with something unless you have data to back it up.
Also people shouldn’t be saying..” I’ve had no inclination to research it” followed by “ it’s quite possible “. Sort of the same thing. That’s why hard data is always the way to go instead of, well let’s just say assumptions.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They certainly illustrate that you can open at max capacity and the world won’t end. Disney should take note. Literally every other hospitality venue in the state has moved on.
My suggestion...go to every other hospitality venue in the state and skip WDW. Problem solved for you. Just like the people who think that they have pulled back on restrictions too fast. Nobody has to go to WDW.

DisneyCane

I wonder how many people will say, I told you the pandemic wasn't over tomorrow. We have now gone 3 days with no numbers from Florida and the Times reported many states didn't report yesterday. As I said on Friday, the numbers from the weekend are irrelevant. However, one good number did come out from Bloomberg yesterday and that is less than 3% of hospital beds are being used by Covid19 patients and that is the lowest sincw March 2020. I am looking forward to seeing the numbers reported today and finding out our real 7 day average.
FL announced on Friday that there would be no reporting until Tuesday. I don't know if they'll spread the numbers out on the day they would have been reported or just dump them all as Monday cases.

Also people shouldn’t be saying..” I’ve had no inclination to read watch it” followed by “ it’s quite possible “. Sort of the same thing. That’s why hard data is always the way to go instead of, well let’s just say assumptions.
Not the same thing. It is certainly quite possible that different States have different criteria. People have made reference to that in this thread over the months. I'm also not stating it as fact. Saying "most doctors agree" with something is stating a fact which isn't supported by data.

Kevin_W

We went to King's Island yesterday (wonderful weather!). There are still physical distance markers on the ground in the lines, but everyone pretty much ignored them and went with pre-pandemic spacing (maybe a few more inches in most cases). Masks are required indoors if you are unvaccinated and not eating/drinking, but at KI there are very few indoor places so we saw only a couple masks all day.

All in all, it was pretty pleasant. In an ideal world I would have waited a couple weeks until my DD has had her 2nd shot, but with partial immune response, lower case #'s right now, and being outdoors we felt comfortable enough. Plus, schedules get busy even in the summer and yesterday was such a beautiful day with nothing planned that we decided to take the opportunity.

DisneyDebRob

FL announced on Friday that there would be no reporting until Tuesday. I don't know if they'll spread the numbers out on the day they would have been reported or just dump them all as Monday cases.

Not the same thing. It is certainly quite possible that different States have different criteria. People have made reference to that in this thread over the months. I'm also not stating it as fact. Saying "most doctors agree" with something is stating a fact which isn't supported by data.
I don’t want to get into a argument of any kind with you but the facts are this. From Fauci on down.. just do a quick search of it and go to the reputable sites, and you will see that almost all have said it’s been undercounted. I just did it because I was also wondering. From the AAMC to scientificamerica ..etc .. all say they have been undercounted. Some even say by up to 57%. Now I don’t and nobody knows the exact number but the majority of the experts believe it has happened. So with that being said, the next logical opinion would be that doctors also think it. Sometimes we just have to follow the stream to find out where it ends.
I also found a few articles stating where this over counting stuff actually started. Suffice it to say it happened last April of 2020 from a cable news channel, being pushed by a few of the hosts. With zero proof.
If it walks like a duck..quacks like a duck.. maybe it’s a duck.

Disney Glimpses

deaths above average...

so you wanna be a hoaxer?...are you a completely new hoaxer? Or one of our old friends who got a “second hoax account”?

either way...you put yourself on blast.
No, I’m not a hoaxer. Vast majority are directly related to COVID. But our broad definition is why deaths may linger longer or be a little higher than we would expect.

Disney Glimpses

In order for it to be listed as a COVID death it has to show it contributed to the underlying cause. They don't just slap death by COVID unless its shown it sped up or contributed to the death from an existing condition. If the primary reason is COVID (say phenomnia) it will say that. If it's a contributing factor (say the person had diabetes) it will be listed as a contributing factor, not necesarily the primary.

and finally, most doctors agree the count is under counted, if anything.
Right but for example, 60% of the 300 pediatric COVID deaths also had influenza, according to CDC data. And you’re right, there are many missed.

Disney Glimpses

As far as I’m concerned hoaxers say things like only 6% of the counted deaths were actually from COVID. I’m saying someone who had a heart attack that died in the hospital and tested positive for COVID will be counted; even if we’re not entirely sure if they would’ve had a heart attack without being infected. But it would be irresponsible to not count them because COVID can cause a heart attack.

I’m trying to demonstrate that deaths are going to continue to linger to some degree due to this. Not that they makeup all or most deaths.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
No I’m not. As far as I’m concerned hoaxers say things like only 6% of the counted deaths were actually from COVID. I’m saying someone who had a heart attack that died in the hospital and tested positive for COVID will be counted; even if we’re not entirely sure if they would’ve had a heart attack without being infected. But it would be irresponsible to not count them because COVID can cause a heart attack.

I’m trying to demonstrate that deaths are going to continue to linger to some degree due to this. Not that they makeup all or most deaths.
I think the issue is most people were unaware that this has always been the way deaths were counted. There is no conspiracy here it’s common practice. If someone has terminal lung cancer and ends up in the hospital and dies from cardiac arrest did they die from a heart attack or cancer? In your example we don’t know if they would have had a heart attack anyway without having terminal lung cancer so it shouldn’t count as someone who died from cancer? If deaths were tracked this way very few people would die from cancer.

Nickp1983

My experience thus far when being here during the pandemic. Waste of 12k.
Everything is half assed. Cast members arw noticeably angry. The lines outside with barriers and mandatory masks is borderline dangerous in this heat. There aren't nearly enough workers to accommodate the crowds. Not enough food places open. Dinning has been poor... servers acting like the guests have covid.
Should have just waited. Waste of money. Time. Vacation days from work.
Hotel is beautiful tho...

I've been to wdw about a dozen times. This may be my last for a long long time. Half experience. Full price. Six flags feel

EricsBiscuit

Why go if you’re only going to complain about it? As you yourself point out, there are plenty of other options with policies more to your liking.
I’m not complaining about the whole experience. Just the stupid masks.
My suggestion...go to every other hospitality venue in the state and skip WDW. Problem solved for you. Just like the people who think that they have pulled back on restrictions too fast. Nobody has to go to WDW.
Sorry I pointed out something that makes the experience less enjoyable lol.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
For those so interested, the next (potential) outbreak. And note I don’t believe a word China says on the matter:
No I don't want another outbreak in US, and I don't want more masks and social distancing, as I don't want wear mask anymore I can't stand it anymore. I don't want another pandemic soon.

Nickp1983

Oh and the cast member on slinky. Thank you so much for making the dad carrying his 3 year old wake his kid up so he could put his mask over his nose. Saved many lives.
Those evil parents allowed that little boys mask to slip below his nose.
Thankfully our hero cast member shot out from behind some plants to scold the father.
Place is a mess

Nickp1983

Everything here sucks outside the resort. There is no defending this half assed experience. They should have juat kept it closed till 2023.

I never thought I would live to see the day where disney cast members feel like they hate their Job while at the park. Thanks Bob. Bang up job with your policies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

All I’m saying is you have options now. This isn’t July 2020 where every possible entertainment option is going to require the same masks and distancing and Covid protocols. You pointed out that WDW is the only one left in the state doing it. If it’s a deal breaker for you just go somewhere else or wait a little while until they change. Seems simple. I’m sure Disney will update their policies at some point. For now, that’s the experience.

Chip Chipperson

Everything here sucks outside the resort. There is no defending this half assed experience. They should have juat kept it closed till 2023.

I never thought I would live to see the day where disney cast members feel like they hate their Job while at the park. Thanks Bob. Bang up job with your policies.

Wow, it sounds like you're having a much different experience than I had a few weeks ago. I didn't see any angry or annoyed CMs and the servers we had were incredibly friendly. If the new mask rules are causing stress due to increasing numbers of guests not following them then maybe they should go back to requiring masks from the moment you get in the ride queue rather than just requiring them starting at the point where the ride queue normally begins. As Mike from "Breaking Bad" said, "No half measures."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom