Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullyinMT

The actual paper masks are the ones I packed for park days. I have some of the Disney ones, and I sweat in them here, I can't imagine them in FL. They were pretty good when it was 3 degrees. I'm considering wearing a face mask in future winters simply to prevent my cheeks and nose from freezing on the super cold days. But I'm only planning on wearing those in FL to go to Costco or other stores.
I’ve said the same thing about winter. Outside transmission science aside, wearing a mask while running actually extends non-treadmill season, so I’ll take it.

fgmnt

I truly can't imagine being in Central Florida in August after our family made its trips there at that point in time in the past. I hope to visit in October of 2021 and have it basically feel like my last visit in October 2019.

For Pfizer, I think they already have the data at the 6 month mark. Official approval is merely a formality at this point, which will likely bump up the numbers.

Animal_Kingdom_09

Although widely believed prior to now, COVID-19 should not be classified as a respiratory disease, but a vascular disease. Recent study not only provides the verification, but they also identified how the vascular damage occurs. That spike protein is a nasty devil. Scientists found a way to separate the spike protein and make a pseudo virus, to evaluate only the effect of the spike protein and demonstrated that they damage endothelial cells.

My meme version. Not only does the spike protein

View attachment 554084

It also

View attachment 554088

Avoiding getting COVID isn't about the benefits of skipping out on a cough and fever and then everything will be fine.
Nice find. I am still two days behind on this thread, but thanks for posting this. It explains quite a few issues surrounding the disease.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I truly can't imagine being in Central Florida in August after our family made its trips there at that point in time in the past. I hope to visit in October of 2021 and have it basically feel like my last visit in October 2019.

For Pfizer, I think they already have the data at the 6 month mark. Official approval is merely a formality at this point, which will likely bump up the numbers.
I believe the same is true for moderna .

lazyboy97o

I got my second Pfizer vaccine just over a month ago and it’ll make a difference to me also, even a month after receiving my second dose I still worry about long term side affects and how quickly it came to market, I become more convinced daily I made the right choice (as more time goes on and more people receive the vaccine) but it being fully approved will really help increase my peace of mind as well.
Again, long term effects caused by or similar to what?

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I will likely get slammed...

Vaccination is not a political issue. It's a human race survival issue. In the end, there are multiple ways to achieve Heard Immunity.
No Political Party is screaming for the extermination of the Human Race :(.

One choice is to protect our family, and allow the portion of the human race that chooses to avoid vaccination to just DIE - thinning the "heard". Bingo: "Heard Immunity" - the hard way.
This is a choice. Choose well - but it's no longer my families concern.

We are fully vaccinated. Our children are fully vaccinated. Our current goal is to avoid contact with those that have chosen to NOT get vaccinated, and protect ourselves FROM them - not to support them in their choice. Masking? You bet - but it's now to protect US, not others.

"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.
Post immediately deleted, when hate mail arises."

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I got my second Pfizer vaccine just over a month ago and it’ll make a difference to me also, even a month after receiving my second dose I still worry about long term side affects and how quickly it came to market, I become more convinced daily I made the right choice (as more time goes on and more people receive the vaccine) but it being fully approved will really help increase my peace of mind as well.
The good news is your wait will be over pretty soon. I believe the 6 months of safety data for Pfizer is already available. I don‘t know if it helps ease your mind or not, but the vaccine itself is long gone from your body already after a month. What’s left are just antibodies and T cells produced by your body that are waiting to attack the virus if it comes back. If there are any long term negative effects of having those antibodies and T cells in your body the same negative effects would occur from natural infection too. It’s highly unlikely to be an issue either way. There is really no known history of vaccines having negative impacts months later but the FDA asked for 6 months of safety data to be extra safe.

Patcheslee

The blue paper disposable type are by far the most comfortable, if not wasteful. Disney’s own are great but a little pricey for me personally. Just DON’T wear those Tommy Copper ones from Home Depot. Those have been my favorite in the drier mountain air, but I legitimately thought I was going to suffocate even in the mild Florida November.
We got a free box of 100 disposable blue ones from work. Employer had bought a machine and got certified last year to make em with the filter material we already use. That kept them from having to purchase and now supplying schools and some other areas in the community. They finally got to the point of being able to give everyone a pack to take home and give to family or friends. I'm packing them for vacation.

Heppenheimer

To repeat again, full approval means that the vaccine has demonstrated at a desired long-term efficacy standard. The vaccines already met the same safety standard at EAU that would be required at full approval. Full approval does not require any additional safety documentation.

If anything, the phase IV surveillance of the two mRNA vaccines has shown that they're even safer then we initially thougjt.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Kidney damage, liver damage, hair loss, random body leakage, etc… I think years of drug ads that are always concluded with a minute of side affects has just made me nervous about putting any drugs in my body.
Kidney and liver damage from long term drug use is the result of repeatedly using the drug. In those cases people didn’t suffer organ damage from taking one pill. It’s taking the same pill every day for months or years. Vaccines are one and done...or in this case 2 and done ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom