Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Honest question, why would you consider anything that Morgan Stanley says with more than a grain of salt when it comes to herd-immunity?

We have experts claiming we are already seeing the inflection point and decline with our very eyes right now. Still work to be done obviously but I really don't care what a multi billion dollar company has to say about infectious disease. We are in great shape and will be even better in the coming months. 👍

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Hopefully besides WDW that other states will remove masks and social distancing by a couple months soon.
Also
By mid-late summer or fall, as movie theaters will be safe without masks and social distancing for good as new movies will be releasing first time with as full capacity with no masks and social distancing.
Also:
Sonic's 30th anniversary celebration will delayed into 2022, due to COVID-19 pandemic in Japan, by next year as new Sonic games, new Sonic sequel movie, new Sonic TV show, etc too.

Last edited:

DisneyCane

Pausing J&J on so few reactions was a disaster. As I posted when it happened, there are people who only heard "vaccine" and "blood clots" and don't even really know about the multiple vaccines and that only one had an issue.

That chart isn't a coincidence. Pausing J&J certainly led to more vaccine hesitancy. Recovery will take a lot of time.

seabreezept813

The sports activities around here worry me too. Lots of confirmed spread this Spring. That’s why I really think it‘s crucial to get the 12-15 approved ASAP. That will make a big difference. Right off the top if we can cut the available spreaders in half that should be a big help. I know some don’t agree and think getting kids vaccinated isn’t important, but as a parent of a kid that age I couldn’t disagree more.
I asked our pediatrician about toddlers. She expects them to have vaccines for them by fall/early winter. While I had no qualms having my 17 year old stepdaughter vaccinated, I’m a little leers about the 3 year old and baby. But I’d much rather that, than the long term possible consequences of covid. And I’ll trust my doctor. I don’t understand those who don’t listen to their doctors, if you don’t trust them to advise you about vaccine, find a new doctor. It’s almost as if people have lost the ability to recognize that others have expertise they don’t...

ImperfectPixie

I asked our pediatrician about toddlers. She expects them to have vaccines for them by fall/early winter. While I had no qualms having my 17 year old stepdaughter vaccinated, I’m a little leers about the 3 year old and baby. But I’d much rather that, than the long term possible consequences of covid. And I’ll trust my doctor. I don’t understand those who don’t listen to their doctors, if you don’t trust them to advise you about vaccine, find a new doctor. People have lost the ability to recognize that others have expertise they don’t...
FTFY.

jmp85

Pausing J&J on so few reactions was a disaster. As I posted when it happened, there are people who only heard "vaccine" and "blood clots" and don't even really know about the multiple vaccines and that only one had an issue.

That chart isn't a coincidence. Pausing J&J certainly led to more vaccine hesitancy. Recovery will take a lot of time.
Still see people posting blood clot memes on FB by people who are super against getting the vaccine. It probably hurt us with many of those who were on the fence.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

hopefully more vaccine hesitancy will be surrender as they will be forced take a vaccine by summer soon. I can't take those freaks don't want a vaccine anymore. I want back to normal soon with no masks and social distancing soon.

ImperfectPixie

hopefully more vaccine hesitancy will be surrender as they will be forced take a vaccine by summer soon. I can't take those freaks don't want a vaccine anymore. I want back to normal soon with no masks and social distancing soon.
We ALL want that. Some people just don't understand that if they'd get vaccinated, we'd all be rid of masks and distancing sooner.

DisneyCane

The vaccines work. If you want to dramatically lower your chances of getting COVID, get vaccinated. If you want to really dramatically lower your chance of having a serious case of COVID, get vaccinated. If you want to have a miniscule chance to die from COVID, get vaccinated.

Stop worrying about people who, for whatever reason, choose not to protect themselves and get vaccinated.

Disney can and will continue to implement measures which they deem appropriate. During normal times they have rules like guests can't wear a Mickey Mouse costume and they enforce the rules. There's really nothing different here. Disney can set the rules for WDW. If a guest doesn't follow the rules they can be ejected or banned. If they have physical confrontations with CMs who are enforcing the rules then they can and should be arrested and prosecuted.

Stevek

same here ! all is booked already. If mask are mandated indoors, it's ok for me. But no fireworks/mask required outdoors is a deal breaker !
we're flying from So Cal so no real deal breakers for us either way...just looking forward to getting away and hoping for the best.

Tony Perkis

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The vaccines work. If you want to dramatically lower your chances of getting COVID, get vaccinated. If you want to really dramatically lower your chance of having a serious case of COVID, get vaccinated. If you want to have a miniscule chance to die from COVID, get vaccinated.

Stop worrying about people who, for whatever reason, choose not to protect themselves and get vaccinated.

Disney can and will continue to implement measures which they deem appropriate. During normal times they have rules like guests can't wear a Mickey Mouse costume and they enforce the rules. There's really nothing different here. Disney can set the rules for WDW. If a guest doesn't follow the rules they can be ejected or banned. If they have physical confrontations with CMs who are enforcing the rules then they can and should be arrested and prosecuted.
I agree with all of this, but the Governor making a statement about banning Covid restrictions will make the CM‘s job that much harder. People will drive and refuse to comply and use the statement from the Governor as the reason. It doesn’t matter that legally Disney has every right to set their own rules. In the end Disney can still boot these people out but the Governor‘s actions only fan the flames of conflict....but maybe that’s the plan from a political playbook. Sad.

Jenny72

I don't think people who resist the vaccine will be convinced by arguments that we could open the economy sooner, or drop masks, because they already think we should be doing all that. And they are doing it already. Whether there are vaccines, variants, etc., is all irrelevant. Just go back to normal life now.

I'm also skeptical that arguments about the common good will make much difference. I remember ages ago when I was trying to convince someone to buy phosphate-free detergent and she just said, "I don't think my few little boxes of detergent will make much difference." Which of course is technically true, but the (basically insurmountable) problem is that we needed each person to make a small sacrifice (slightly dirtier dishes) for a big payoff (lakes that are not dead -- better for tourism $$ as well as the environment).

These types of individual decisions are especially hard because the result is so abstract. I can see my dishes coming out less clean, but I can't see a tiny bit less algae in Lake Erie. Even if someone indirectly causes a death by spreading the virus, they only contributed in an abstract way; it's not like they picked up an axe and whacked someone.

I've said this before and I still believe it. This virus was practically perfect for dividing us and causing conflict and suffering. As if we needed more help doing that. It's so depressing.

ImperfectPixie

I don't think people who resist the vaccine will be convinced by arguments that we could open the economy sooner, or drop masks, because they already think we should be doing all that. And they are doing it already. Whether there are vaccines, variants, etc., is all irrelevant. Just go back to normal life now.

I'm also skeptical that arguments about the common good will make much difference. I remember ages ago when I was trying to convince someone to buy phosphate-free detergent and she just said, "I don't think my few little boxes of detergent will make much difference." Which of course is technically true, but the (basically insurmountable) problem is that we needed each person to make a small sacrifice (slightly dirtier dishes) for a big payoff (lakes that are not dead -- better for tourism $$ as well as the environment).

These types of individual decisions are especially hard because the result is so abstract. I can see my dishes coming out less clean, but I can't see a tiny bit less algae in Lake Erie. Even if someone indirectly causes a death by spreading the virus, they only contributed in an abstract way; it's not like they picked up an axe and whacked someone.

I've said this before and I still believe it. This virus was practically perfect for dividing us and causing conflict and suffering. As if we needed more help doing that. It's so depressing.
It really is. Selfish is going to selfish...from the top (those weaponizing a pandemic) on down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom