Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
my post said absolutely nothing about a person should not write negative reviews or talk about something they perceived as negative. I even stated that I personally wrote A few negative comments about my own experience.

The last sentence in my post sums up what my point was. a person should not take advantage of traveling to a location that's open during the pandemic and then tell others that they should not travel to that same location during the pandemic for reasons they personally did not like.
I’m still not following what you are saying. So it’s ok to write a negative review but not to recommend people don’t go? People write negative reviews of WDW all the time and some say they don’t think it’s worth going for any number of reasons personal to them. I don’t see the issue with that. Nobody has to follow that advice.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
She wasn’t comparing Earth numbers. She was comparing US numbers. Total cases vs total deaths.
You're correct. She still uses a very low number comparison. "A lot, like millions". Vs 325 million. Still a very big difference.
You need to have healthy people to have a healthy economy.
What does that have to do with the fact that the math was wrong?

I never said you didn't need healthy people for a healthy economy. Your post is pure deflection. And it didn't answer my question.

Jrb1979

You're correct. She still uses a very low number comparison. "A lot, like millions". Vs 325 million. Still a very big difference.

What does that have to do with the fact that the math was wrong?

I never said you didn't need healthy people for a healthy economy. Your post is pure deflection. And it didn't answer my question.
So she said a "a lot like millions" instead of 325 million. Big deal. Unless you're trying to show the percentage of people getting Covid is low. Which to me is downplaying it

Last edited:

SamusAranX

Sigh

please note that only 0.02 percentage of those under 25 died from having covid. So for their age bracket, they have 99.8 percent chance of surviving. I can break it down further if you would like.

the 1 in 1000 does not take into account by age group, risk factor and so on. My original statement stands true: for many age brackets, your odds of surviving if catching covid are drastically high, around 99 percent and I will provide the CDCs own statistics to back this up. This is based on percentage of deaths vs cumulative cases in said age bracket (US only). If I were to actually do the percentages of deaths and cases versus population total in the us, my case would be strengthened (as there are millions more people in each bracket then actual case numbers in the bracket).

and what part of “this doesn’t mean we should throw all caution to the wind” didn’t read correctly? I think you’re fighting on the wrong hill here my friend

Last edited:

Jrb1979

Sigh

please note that only 0.02 percentage of those under 25 died from having covid. So for their age bracket, they have 99.8 percent chance of surviving. I can break it down further if you would like.

the 1 in 1000 does not take into account by age group, risk factor and so on. My original statement stands true: for many age brackets, your odds of surviving if catching covid are drastically high, around 99 percent and I will provide the CDCs own statistics to back this up
Its not just about surviving Covid. What about the long term affects or we ignore those too.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"New York State Health Commissioner Dr. Howard Zucker announced today that Parcare Community Health Network in Orange County, New York may have fraudulently obtained the COVID-19 vaccine.

Dr. Zucker says the Department of Health has received reports that Parcare might have transferred the vaccine to “facilities in other parts of the state in violation of state guidelines and diverted it to members of the public.” He says this is not aligned with the NYS plans to first administer the vaccine to frontline healthcare workers and nursing home residents."

“We take this very seriously and DOH will be assisting State Police in a criminal investigation into this matter. Anyone found to have knowingly participated in this scheme will be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law.”

Here is the statement from Zucker -

EqMWro4XAAkrRPf.jpeg

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Sigh

the 1 in 1000 does not take into account by age group, risk factor and so on. My original statement stands true: for many age brackets, your odds of surviving if catching covid are drastically high, around 99 percent and I will provide the CDCs own statistics to back this up. This is based on percentage of deaths vs cumulative cases in said age bracket (US only). If I were to actually do the percentages of deaths and cases versus population total in the us, my case would be strengthened (as there are millions more people in each bracket then actual case numbers in the bracket).

and what part of “this doesn’t mean we should throw all caution to the wind” didn’t read correctly? I think you’re fighting on the wrong hill here my friend
It says 0.2% of covid deaths were in people under 25. That doesn’t have anything to do with your chance of surviving. In a simplified example if only 2 people ever died from covid and 1 was under 25 that would mean 50% of Covid deaths were from people under 25, it doesn’t mean that only 50% of people under 25 will survive Covid. Apples and bananas.

SamusAranX

It says 0.2% of covid deaths were in people under 25. That doesn’t have anything to do with your chance of surviving. In a simplified example if only 2 people ever died from covid and 1 was under 25 that would mean 50% of Covid deaths were from people under 25, it doesn’t mean that only 50% of people under 25 will survive Covid. Apples and bananas.
Correct. You would need to account for actual number of cases in that bracket, and the actual total of population in that bracket. But not matter how you slice it, my odds of dying from covid in my bracket are currently less then 1 percent should I contract it. As you move to the different brackets it gets worse (up in age) progressively.
Edit:

as of today, overall the CfR is 2 percent (that includes the most vulnerable brackets of 65+)

JoeCamel

Sigh

Cool, now have the Heritage Foundation do excess deaths

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Correct. You would need to account for actual number of cases in that bracket, and the actual total of population in that bracket. But not matter how you slice it, my odds of dying from covid in my bracket are currently less then 1 percent should I contract it. As you move to the different brackets it gets worse (up in age) progressively.
Edit:

as of today, overall the CfR is 2 percent (that includes the most vulnerable brackets of 65+)
I never said that being older doesn’t lead to a higher risk factor, this is nothing new, we‘ve known it for a while. Just pointing out that the 0.2% number from your linked table doesn’t mean you have a 99.8% chance of surviving.

SamusAranX

And here’s a good one on risk rates:

I admit I am a little bit perturbed as no one seems to grasp my original point and think of me as covid denier when in fact I am not

SamusAranX

I never said that being older doesn’t lead to a higher risk factor, this is nothing new, we‘ve known it for a while. Just pointing out that the 0.2% number from your linked table doesn’t mean you have a 99.8% chance of surviving.

you be right because I’m not under the age of 25 😉

JoeCamel

And here’s a good one on risk rates:

I admit I am a little bit perturbed as no one seems to grasp my original point and think of me as covid denier when in fact I am not
I get it, you are low risk I am 66, wear a damn mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom