Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It's not really a rule.. but I'm sure that it has Disney's attention. They have a very small window to make some really big decisions here. I feel like it could go either way regarding opening of the parks.

I do know that some cm's are not happy about having to go back in current conditions.
I use recommendation and rule interchangeably but it really should be a rule or at least there should be a number. Where I am the final stage goes to group gatherings up to 250 people which would be even less problematic for a Disney type setting.

legwand77

Supposedly Universal has 6 Gringotts Team Members with COVID-19, as well as 12 Forbidden Journey team members. This could be completely inaccurate information, but it is worth pointing out and has been going around for about a day. Supposedly it was started by a team member from the park.

As I mentioned earlier, there will be many more, Disney will be the same. This is good news as they will not be spreading it.

*for the attackers that does not mean I am wishing people to get the virus

TrojanUSC

As I mentioned earlier, there will be many more, Disney will be the same. This is good news as they will not be spreading it.

*for the attackers that does not mean I am wishing people to get the virus

What? If true, they already exposed thousands of people to the virus, many of whom could get very sick or die, or pass it onto those who will. Nothing about it is "good news." You really need to do more research into this virus, its symptoms, how it transmits and the lasting effects it can have on people, even if they survive.

legwand77

Whatever floats your boat. If you want to believe it was a fake story but the owner closed due to a media conspiracy more power to you. I’m not trying to change your mind, just wanted to see what you meant by your comment to me that the story was questionable. Now I understand. :)
Not at all what I am saying. Obviously not a fake story and never mentioned a media conspiracy but you do you.

mickeymiss

What story are you talking about? Not the same one I was referencing.

7 employees tested positive. That’s a fact and they tested positive a few days ago so none of them is 100% completely fine yet. Customers also tested positive. The bar closed for a deep cleaning. Thats how contact tracing works. An outbreak is identified and people who may have been exposed get tested. It’s really not in dispute whether there were cases relating to the place. The owner said when they reopen they will implement more procedures including masks for workers and more hand sanitizer and distancing of patrons.

I believe it to be true but I like to unpack things more. It certainly seems like it could be at least an anomaly. Many people have managed to avoid getting infected by their own spouses but a supposedly asymptomatic person somehow infected a whole bar? Even if they were discreetly symptomatic, they felt well enough to be at a bar. How did it spread like that to employees as well? Can we get an expert to touch on that even a little bit?

It's quite a shock and more so that this doesn't seem to happen very much overall hence why it made headlines. There are lots of bars in Jacksonville alone and then Florida statewide. My curious mind also wonders how many days or weeks this all played out with an incubation of up to 14 days. When did this begin? Did they all get it at the same time? Domino effect? It just seems so strange on top of the woman being willing to go on national television to expose herself by name as a super spreader. I know she wanted to express regret for going out maskless but it could have been anonymous. I have yet to see a lot of people putting themselves in that kind of position. It is just an overwhelmingly surprising and unique situation all around.

Sweet Thing

Park gates could be an issue. Another issue revolves around transport (they can keep buses under 50 but what about ferries or the monorail). Hotel pools are another problem. No masks in the pool and hard to have less than 50 people most places. The other issue is shows like Lion King that are supposed to open. Unless they keep the crowd to 50 or less it’s a problem with that rule. I agree that walking in the parks, a lot of rides and even most queues can avoid the no more than 50 people rule.
According to the list of things opening, Lion King and other indoor shows are not opening.

legwand77

What? If true, they already exposed thousands of people to the virus, many of whom could get very sick or die, or pass it onto those who will. Nothing about it is "good news." You really need to do more research into this virus, its symptoms, how it transmits and the lasting effects it can have on people, even if they survive.
You do realize that the virus is already out there, the test does not create it, without the knowledge they have it they would keep spreading it.

legwand77

I believe it to be true but I like to unpack things more. It certainly seems like it could be at least an anomaly. Many people have managed to avoid getting infected by their own spouses but a supposedly asymptomatic person somehow infected a whole bar? Even if they were discreetly symptomatic, they felt well enough to be at a bar. How did it spread like that to employees as well? Can we get an expert to touch on that even a little bit?

It's quite a shock and more so that this doesn't seem to happen very much overall hence why it made headlines. There are lots of bars in Jacksonville alone and then Florida statewide. My curious mind also wonders how many days or weeks this all played out with an incubation of up to 14 days. When did this begin? Did they all get it at the same time? Domino effect? It just seems so strange on top of the woman being willing to go on national television to expose herself by name as a super spreader. I know she wanted to express regret for going out maskless but it could have been anonymous. I have yet to see a lot of people putting themselves in that kind of position. It is just an overwhelmingly surprising and unique situation all around.

Totally agree and put way more eloquently than I did. Still could be completely true but there is a lot that very unusual about it. It will be interesting to circle back to this in a month or so, but I doubt any follow up will be done.

BrianLo

If things were as "warning, warning" extremes(of course it is not a good thing) alert as people like to think, the hospitals with the most sensative care would be the first to let you know and treat it more like a C-Section where not even fathers are often not allowed to be near.

Congratulation on your child!

Even during the peak of the crisis Fathers were still allowed in (unless symptomatic or COVID+). There has never been restrictions on Father's being in the OR for C-sections, at least at our centre. They always sit in. This is basically the ONLY exception to the visitor policy though, so I don't know if it's a great anecdote. For obvious reasons even when things were really bad, both parents should be entitled to be at their child's birth.

Meanwhile grandparents are not allowed to see babies in NICU's for 3-4+ months for some of the micro-prems. Only one parents is allowed on site in Paediatrics. Adults are essentially not allowed visitors.

There might be slight regional variation of course, but we have 100x less cases right now than Florida. So I'd chalk it up to a heck of a lot of pretending on everyone's part that things are a-ok.

TrojanUSC

There's dozens of examples of this thing happening, from people attending the same party all getting sick to dozens getting sick from attending one church service.

mickeymiss

Park gates could be an issue. Another issue revolves around transport (they can keep buses under 50 but what about ferries or the monorail). Hotel pools are another problem. No masks in the pool and hard to have less than 50 people most places. The other issue is shows like Lion King that are supposed to open. Unless they keep the crowd to 50 or less it’s a problem with that rule. I agree that walking in the parks, a lot of rides and even most queues can avoid the no more than 50 people rule.

Buses will be interesting but many experts have said all forms of transient contact are much much lower risk. I'll try to find the link but there was a study done that 0.2% of covid infections came from casual community exposure and a vast percentage of transmission was from household or congregate rest home contact. I take everything with a grain of salt but I think it's helpful to read those things. I still don't think of theme parks as gatherings when social distancing is used. Disney is doing so much of this the right way that I'd hate to see them not have a chance.

mickeymiss

There's dozens of examples of this thing happening, from people attending the same party all getting sick to dozens getting sick from attending one church service.

I would politely say that we still don't see casual contact patterns like that on anywhere near a regular basis. That's why they make headline news. Those examples are also from as far back as March in different parts of a massive country and most are especially close contact situations. I was surprised by the bar staff getting infected by the young woman which seemed to be the suggestion. I'm simply stating that I would be interested to know more. Are there any other outbreaks in Jacksonville pubs, for example? Maybe there are but I haven't been made aware. Essentially, far more bars didn't have outbreaks than ones that did. I take this virus very seriously but I think entering a bar is a choice that comes with more obvious risks than other places. Since Disney is the pride and joy of everyone here, my feeling is that businesses with safety plans will be successful.

TrojanUSC

I would politely say that we still don't see casual contact patterns like that on anywhere near a regular basis. That's why they make headline news. Those examples are also from as far back as March in different parts of a massive country and most are especially close contact situations. I was surprised by the bar staff getting infected by the young woman which seemed to be the suggestion. I'm simply stating that I would be interested to know more. Are there any other outbreaks in Jacksonville pubs, for example? Maybe there are but I haven't been made aware. Essentially, far more bars didn't have outbreaks than ones that did. I take this virus very seriously but I think entering a bar is a choice that comes with more obvious risks than other places. Since Disney is the pride and joy of everyone here, my feeling is that businesses with safety plans will be successful.

There are dozens and dozens of examples, from churches to factories, where super spreading events occur. Here is just one recent and particularly horrific:

South Korea's big resurgence came started one infected patron that spread to a number of LGBT-friendly bars:

Chi84

Premium Member
There are dozens and dozens of examples, from churches to factories, where super spreading events occur. Here is just one recent and particularly horrific:
Events where people have prolonged contact indoors. These were known from the start to be the worst for community spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom