Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyDebRob

For the 4,724th time now... say it with me folks... the mask does not protect you. Not wearing a mask does not put you more at risk. The mask is there in case you are infected to prevent you from spreading your respiratory droplets to others. That's it. Wearing a mask has absolutely nothing to do with your own protection.
Can we just put a header at the top of each page of this thread?

thats part of the problem. None of us truly know what to believe because the news is hardly accurate and always slanted politically and who knows if we are being told everything by governments around the world

Huh? The news is fairly accurate, information and stories change with the most up to date information. If you wanna cut through the cable spectacle just read print journalism like AP or Reuters---where all cable news gets their sources from.

Masks were first recommended only to be worn in public if you had symptoms of the virus/presumed you had it. When they discovered that the virus was more widespread than originally thought because of an increase in cases/deaths outside of those diagnosed, they realized the number of people who were asymptomatic carriers was larger than expected.

Because widespread testing nationally is not there yet, to further prevent the spread of Covid-19 masks are here to decrease the potential spread of asymptomatic carriers.

Chi84

Premium Member
Can we just put a header at the top of each page of this thread?
Yes, along with a statement that the best way to protect yourself is to avoid crowds, stay 6 feet away from others, avoid touching your face and wash your hands properly and frequently. People are relying far too much on masks.

icc2515

You have the now most powerful person in America in Dr. Fauci stating that masks won't work.
Do you have a recent like tonight quote for that. Because according PBSnewshour "National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases Director Anthony Fauci told lawmakers on May 12 that people should maintain social distancing guidelines, when possible, and wear face coverings in public. "

I think he might have said something like that much earlier but since at least April 3rd he has said that people should wear face masks.

Flugell

Just want to clear up a misperception: there is absolutely no medical information that is stored about any guest anywhere on Magic Bands or in MDX. There IS the ability to have the Disability Access Service activated via MDX and used with Magic Bands, but that system only acknowledges that the guest has a need for and has been approved for the service. There is no corresponding "why".
Last time we were at Disney 😋 we befriended a couple, also from the U.K., and the gentleman had a prosthetic leg- above the knee and a prosthetic arm above the elbow, he was desperate to ride flight of passage and went to the disability access to ask if he could join the queue and be given an approximate time to return which was comparable to the length of the queue. He was told that as he didn’t have “evidence” of his disability they couldn’t help! Ridiculous or what! By the way he was wearing shorts and a t shirt so his disability was totally obvious. The story gets sadder, he queued up for 3 hours, in great discomfort and was then turned away because the calf muscle on his remaining leg was too large for the safety grip! You couldn’t make it up!! He remains a huge Disney fan despite this!

DisneyDebRob

Well I figured out the drinking around the world problem in Epcot. On to the next thing.
6AF31EBE-AC69-4BE3-A4E9-35BE599B7829.jpeg

Peter Pan's Shadow

Looking for some wisdom.....the mask concept....is it really intended to protect the wearer of the mask or others? I can see this going either way and would love some direction.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

LA mayor confirms that the article posted earlier today was in fact clickbate.

Quote from the mayor:

“I think there was a lot of panic suddenly the headlines said we’re all going to stay exactly as we are for three more months when that is not the case.” Garcetti insisted that Ferrer simply meant that the county would not “fully reopen” by August.

Animaniac93-98

For anyone who flies to Florida, wearing a mask will be mandatory on planes, except for young children.

At some point of your WDW trip you will have to wear a mask. Whether that's before you leave your hometown or while doing some activities on property, it's going to be required.

solidyne

[...] Your grammar [is] not up to scratch, (ie. what commas mean) [...]
Neither is yours.
Commas should not precede the open parethesis.
The "i.e." usually is followed by a comma.
Nobody likes grammar Nazis.
The masks aren’t intended to stop you from catching Covid. [...] I think this may have been covered already.
Only every page.
I BELIEVE @Peter Pan's Shadow WAS JOKING!

TrainsOfDisney

To be honest I don’t remember. I was more angry that his disabilities hadn’t been acknowledged by the disability services. I think I was more incensed than he was!!

That’s a really odd occurrence. I’m not saying it didn’t happen, since I’ve seen some crazy things but I would say it’s rare that it happens.

When I’ve gone to Disney with someone with a simple ankle cast CM’s have been very proactive in assisting even when not asking for special seating etc.

SoFloMagic

Imparting "safety measures" that require wearing something that can get exceedingly uncomfortable for the wearer - with no proof said measures work makes little sense.
Cloth masks are not designed to stop viruses, and they're not designed to be used in the way we are expecting them to be used.
Might they stop a little bit of something?
Yeah, maybe, possibly...
Put a t-shirt in front of your face and try to spit. We know it does something to stop droplets from coming out of your mouth. It may not be perfect, but its something. It's not designed to keep you from getting it, though it may help a bit. It's to keep others safe from you if you have it and don't know/ignore it and go out anyway.

We can't encourage the general public to use medical masks because we don't have enough for doctors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom