Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Here in SoCal, the massive Coachella outdoor music festival was just postponed until October. And now TV shows like Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy just announced this morning they will no longer allow a live audience to attend their tapings. But Disneyland is still open, which makes no sense.

If DLP can remain open, I don't see why the original can't. And yes, I've been to DLP multiple times and realize there's more room to move about.

Chip Chipperson

Here in SoCal, the massive Coachella outdoor music festival was just postponed until October. And now TV shows like Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy just announced this morning they will no longer allow a live audience to attend their tapings. But Disneyland is still open, which makes no sense.

I guess the hosts of those shows are in the higher-risk age groups (plus Alex's cancer treatments make it even riskier for him), so Disney can say that those cancellations don't affect them because the oldest hosts of any of their shows are animatronic Presidents and the 999 ghosts (who have a 0% chance of dying again).

Tom P.

That's part of the problem - people are believing whatever clickbait site they happen to frequent instead of making sure the information is reliable. Facebook is a large contributor to the spread of faulty information/fake news.
Unfortunately, so are cnn.com and foxnews.com.

Crunchie9

I guess the hosts of those shows are in the higher-risk age groups (plus Alex's cancer treatments make it even riskier for him), so Disney can say that those cancellations don't affect them because the oldest hosts of any of their shows are animatronic Presidents and the 999 ghosts (who have a 0% chance of dying again).
But, there is room for one more!!!!!!!!!!!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
If they had to close the parks for this, would they have the opportunity for extended maintenance and refresh of the park/rides? Or would all the CMs be banned too? Anyone know how that's working in HK or Tokyo?

Disstevefan1

Right now I think this is an opportunity to experience lower crowds at WDW!

Of course you must be in the no risk group; healthy, young adult with no medical conditions, no kids, no elderly folks at home etc.

Even in the unlikely event you get sick, there is little risk of any harm to you, you will recover, and you will not bring harm to anyone when you self isolate at home after returning from WDW.

So for all of you in that no risk group, have fun and go to WDW!!!!

LukeS7

The university I work for as well as several others in our state are shifting to online only courses after their spring breaks next week. We only have 15 cases so far, but we're also the most densely packed state (NJ) so that number is likely to go way up. We also had our first death from it in the state today.

Last edited:

Parker in NYC

Original Poster

Of course you must be in the no risk group; healthy, young adult with no medical conditions, no kids, no elderly folks at home etc.

Even in the unlikely event you get sick, there is little risk of any harm to you, you will recover, and you will not bring harm to anyone when you self isolate at home after returning from WDW.

And catch it to bring back as a souvenir!

LukeS7

This really is not a good idea. You can spread it to people who are in a high risk group as you travel and will just aid in spreading the virus.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
The university I work out as well as several others in our state are shifting to online only courses after their spring breaks next week. We only have 15 cases so far, but we're also the most densely packed state (NJ) so that number is likely to go way up. We also had our first death from it in the state today.

OSU is going virtual immediately, and our Gov is expected to make an announcement today about primary schools and other higher learning institutes being urged to do the same.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
This really is not a good idea. You can spread it to people who are in a high risk group as you travel and will just aid in spreading the virus.
If you go to the mall, movie theater, grocery store, park, office you can do the same. At what point does the line get drawn. Short of locking everyone in their homes everyone faces this risk. Of course by practicing good hygiene the risk can be minimized, which is exactly what many companies are promoting right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom