Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper Gutman

I think it's more that Disney has recognized that scientifically speaking, this wasn't really accomplishing anything in terms of preventing Covid transmission. I think it was more a ploy to attract guests with the veneer of safety than anything else, and since that no longer seems to be a concern (i.e. guests are showing up in droves), they're giving up on it.
While I doubt the hand sanitizer, plexiglass, and other measures were particularly useful in themselves, I also suspect that the constant reminders of the pandemic and the fact that it was present even within the magical berm caused an increase in caution among guests which did have an effect, if only minimal. I also believe the measures reducing indoor capacity did make a difference. But at this point we’ve all just given up, so all we can do is blame WDW for following the general trend. I’m resigned to being the one weirdo in a mask when indoors at the park.

disneyfireman

Parks are not back to normal yet... even in June we were very much missing a lot.
maybe due to employment shortages....but nothing covid related..I went July 23-30..trams running...everything full capacity...etc. I didn't notice anything...not normal...except some food places still need more employees...That will fix itself in time.

JoeCamel

maybe due to employment shortages....but nothing covid related..I went July 23-30..trams running...everything full capacity...etc. I didn't notice anything...not normal...except some food places still need more employees...That will fix itself in time.
Yeah, covid didn't have anything to do with employment...

want to run another up the pole?

correcaminos

All of this is why my Disney focus is currently with DCL.
It's why we won't return to AKL anytime soon. As AP and DVC I'm more patient on the rest.

Oh and those darn patk reservations and hopping at 2pm. Still annoyed with that. Disney is getting there but missing lots still.

AEfx

I won't be ready to declare the "end of pandemic restrictions" until they remove park reservations. I mean, that's why they are there, right? It wasn't just an opportunistic way to further lock down people into ridiculous levels of vacation planning. Amirite?

Angel Ariel

I won't be ready to declare the "end of pandemic restrictions" until they remove park reservations. I mean, that's why they are there, right? It wasn't just an opportunistic way to further lock down people into ridiculous levels of vacation planning. Amirite?
I’ll be shocked if those ever go away.

DisneyDebRob

As for the hand sanitizers being removed , IMO its a bad idea but maybe im just speaking for myself. Im a clean nut. I do taje sanitizer with me and use it acter everything. Ive been sick almost every time i return home from a trip and since ive been taken my own, i think one time I didn’t feel good out of the last 10-12 trips. Sure there are a lot of bathrooms and wasking is much better but for me that needs to clean after i leave a store, attraction, monorail,bus,skyliner,etc it comes in handy. Not taking it out of my backpack after doing any of those things and getting some was convenient. But thats me.
Oh and welcome back everyone..even you #hopemax. 😂

disneyfireman

Dining, stores, shows etc all closed. Lack of cultural reps. Lots missing we enjoy. Plus no trams in two parks and some transportation missing.
All closed? I saw just about all dining open. There are shows. And cultural reps are there. There is a thread in here about it. Not sure about the trams. I knew they are running MK. And Epcot I think. I didn’t see any store closed. And as for all shows. Yes some are not on. But many are. Either way. It was a great time. Genie plus works great. Loved the whole visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom