Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heelz2315

I'm not so sure. Something tells me if the court sides with the CDC, the masks will come back on planes pretty darn quick, which won't go over well at all. I can only imagine the verbal abuse the flight attendants will catch if that were to happen. It'd be a total move on the part of the CDC if they were to do that I think. I don't think the American public would be happy about it at all. I could be wrong though, but i don't think so.

Last edited by a moderator:

correcaminos

I'm not so sure. Something tells me if the court sides with the CDC, the masks will come back on planes pretty darn quick, which won't go over well at all. I can only imagine the verbal abuse the flight attendants will catch if that were to happen. It'd be a total move on the part of the CDC if they were to do that I think. I don't think the American public would be happy about it at all. I could be wrong though, but i don't think so.
I actually disagree. This is about future ability to control, not current

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So you don't think they'll (CDC) will reinstate the mandate if they win? Did I read that right?
That's correct. As I said, they were about to let the travel mandate expire. It was in the news when the injunction was first imposed by the court. People were wondering with the Administration would bother fighting it since the mandate would expire before the injunction could be overturned on appeal.

Heelz2315

Gotcha......I wonder what the timeline is now? I think I read where the appeal would take 30 days, but I'm not so sure about that.

DisneyCane

The CDC was going to lift the mandate for planes anyway.

This appeals is just to affirm the right for the CDC to mandate masks if it deems necessary.
I don't see any evidence that the mandate was going to be dropped. Everything pointed to them continuing to make last minute extensions in perpetuity.

I don't think they will want the nightmare of reinstituting it if they win the appeal. If that was the intention they would have filed for an emergency injunction.

I agree that the reason they went ahead with the appeal is to try and establish that the CDC has the power to do things like this.

Of course, the proper way to establish that power would be to pass a bill and sign it into law that clearly establishes the intended authority of the CDC. Of course, we wouldn't want to do anything so straightforward because that would require members of Congress to be on the record with a vote.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Hospitalizations flattening....
1654089853453.png

1654089862017.png

ToTBellHop

I don't see any evidence that the mandate was going to be dropped. Everything pointed to them continuing to make last minute extensions in perpetuity.

I don't think they will want the nightmare of reinstituting it if they win the appeal. If that was the intention they would have filed for an emergency injunction.

I agree that the reason they went ahead with the appeal is to try and establish that the CDC has the power to do things like this.

Of course, the proper way to establish that power would be to pass a bill and sign it into law that clearly establishes the intended authority of the CDC. Of course, we wouldn't want to do anything so straightforward because that would require members of Congress to be on the record with a vote.
There was plenty of evidence from those who would know (since they were party to conversations). Just like we are now hearing that the requirement for testing before international travel (by plane) will end soon while cruise ships will continue to have arbitrarily more stringent protocols into 2023.

Vegas Disney Fan

Good to see, and good that the peak in hospitalization is looking much lower than the original Omicron wave a few months ago.

Locally, my personal sphere (co-workers, friends, church members) seems to be having it's highest # of cases since the start of the pandemic.
I’ve experienced the same, a couple weeks ago I had a half dozen coworkers test positive, including myself, the good news is we’ve all had mild cases and no one’s required medication or hospitalization. I know people hate flu comparisons but that’s what it feels like, although over a longer time, one worker got it and spread it around and a few weeks later we’re all healthy (more or less) and back at work. The most interesting thing right now is comparing our various lingering affects, we’re all “healthy“ again and most have zero side affects but I still get some vertigo (if I stand to quickly for example), one coworker is still lethargic, etc… it feels similar to a flu outbreak but with long term unknowns.

No one’s tested positive this week so it feels like it’s ran its course in our employment circle, hopefully that means we won’t have another outbreak at work this year.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Good to see, and good that the peak in hospitalization is looking much lower than the original Omicron wave a few months ago.

Locally, my personal sphere (co-workers, friends, church members) seems to be having it's highest # of cases since the start of the pandemic.

There is a community theater near me that tried to open a musical a few weeks ago. One of the cast members had been infected and spread it to 18 others in the cast. They ended up having to delay the opening by a week.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There was plenty of evidence from those who would know (since they were party to conversations). Just like we are now hearing that the requirement for testing before international travel (by plane) will end soon while cruise ships will continue to have arbitrarily more stringent protocols into 2023.

I don't know if I would consider the more stringent requirements for cruise ships to be arbitrary considering how often we would hear about outbreaks of diseases on cruise ships even before the pandemic.

Chip Chipperson

I don't know if I would consider the more stringent requirements for cruise ships to be arbitrary considering how often we would hear about outbreaks of diseases on cruise ships even before the pandemic.

Also, wasn't there just a cruise ship that had an outbreak of 200+ cases? Imagine how much worse it would have been with no restrictions and unvaccinated guests allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom