Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaughingGravy

Yeah, this isn't over. One of the leads in a production we are doing just dropped out since their 42 year old best friend who was vaxxed, boosted and presumably healthy woke up not feeling extremities a week ago. They were dead of Covid within 4 hours. The director is taking over the part and we open Thursday evening. This is still a hit or miss situation if one catches it.
Please still be careful. Wear the best masks you can in public or anywhere not within your comfort "bubble", whatever that is these days.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yeah, this isn't over. One of the leads in a production we are doing just dropped out since their 42 year old best friend who was vaxxed, boosted and presumably healthy woke up not feeling extremities a week ago. They were dead of Covid within 4 hours. The director is taking over the part and we open Thursday evening.
Please still be careful. Wear the best masks you can in public or anywhere not within your comfort "bubble", whatever that is these days.
I am sorry to the family and friends of this person for their loss. It is horrible. However, anecdotal/outlier cases such as this do not guide COVID policy in states, nor should it. And there really isn't any reason that it should change my personal opinion either...

Heelz2315

Considering that I follow the latest releases on COVID daily in the medical literature, and I never heard of that one, I don't think it got nearly as far as you seem to think.
It was literally from like Friday late to Sunday at lunch. I saw it on GMA then I got to digging Around. Here’s one link I found

A lot of endocrinologists who study diabetes went ape. Debunked it pretty much

correcaminos

It was literally from like Friday late to Sunday at lunch. I saw it on GMA then I got to digging Around. Here’s one link I found

A lot of endocrinologists who study diabetes went ape. Debunked it pretty much
I heard about that and honestly am not pressed. It wasn't used the way you thought. Only specific people I know heard about it and shared it as something they were going to dig deeper with.

Yeah, this isn't over. One of the leads in a production we are doing just dropped out since their 42 year old best friend who was vaxxed, boosted and presumably healthy woke up not feeling extremities a week ago. They were dead of Covid within 4 hours. The director is taking over the part and we open Thursday evening. This is still a hit or miss situation if one catches it.
I am sorry for the leads friend. Really and truly. Loss of feeling would be a rare side effect. Something more like GBS which a friend of mine had and nearly killed her. It does stink, but viruses can be fatal in cases when you think it shouldn't.

Tom P.

We did it folks! This thread has reached 5,000 posts! It's time for a celebration. 🎆🎇

Also time for this thread to go away. To pass on. To be no more. It should cease to be. It should expire and go to meet its maker. It should be a stiff. Bereft of life, it should rest in peace. It should be pushing up the daisies. Its metabolic processes should be history. It should be off the twig, kick the bucket, shuffle off this mortal coil, run down the curtain, and join the bleedin' choir invisible. It should be an ex-thread.

Vegas Disney Fan

The pandemic is not over. It is not as bad as it once was and it will (soon) be a seasonal thing but it is not over despite what those that have not even changed their behavior from day one will try to tell you. I am super happy the mask requirements are lifting everywhere and that cases are dropping all over the place and we are getting back to some form of normal again but no, this is not "over" yet.
It’s over in the press, they’ve moved on to the next “breaking news” story to keep people glued to their TVs in constant anxiety.

I miss the days of Walter Cronkite, Tom Brokaw, and Dan Rather giving a rundown of the biggest stories of the day rather than 24 hour stations trying to keep their specific demographic watching their TVs all day.

DisneyDebRob

We did it folks! This thread has reached 5,000 posts! It's time for a celebration. 🎆🎇

Also time for this thread to go away. To pass on. To be no more. It should cease to be. It should expire and go to meet its maker. It should be a stiff. Bereft of life, it should rest in peace. It should be pushing up the daisies. Its metabolic processes should be history. It should be off the twig, kick the bucket, shuffle off this mortal coil, run down the curtain, and join the bleedin' choir invisible. It should be an ex-thread.
Monty Python fan? 😎

correcaminos

We had Passenger Locator Numbers sent to us via email, which just had to be handwritten onto the info cards.
Interesting. Just curious what brand was that?

Masks were lifted in schools for today. Maybe 1/4 were wearing at most in classes. My guess are the kids who haven't tested positive and have break travel requirements. More than half the teachers were wearing.

Cities are talking of dropping. My guess is when we return from spring break (March 22) most will be gone.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I just came back so the thread has to stick around for a few days ;)

Is there really any Covid impact left at WDW outside of masks on transport including the flight there for those who fly? Maybe some meet and greets or a few missing buffets? Did they bring back the self serve food in the concierge lounges? It really may be time to move on pretty soon. I think the transportation mask mandate expires March 18 but could still be renewed.

dreday3

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

DC0703

I just came back so the thread has to stick around for a few days ;)

Is there really any Covid impact left at WDW outside of masks on transport including the flight there for those who fly? Maybe some meet and greets or a few missing buffets? Did they bring back the self serve food in the concierge lounges? It really may be time to move on pretty soon. I think the transportation mask mandate expires March 18 but could still be renewed.

I think it's still premature to discuss moving on yet. The next few months will likely be quiet due to the huge amount of people infected with omicron, not to mention the changing of seasons in the north. However, it also seemed like things were wrapping up last May-June, right before Delta hit. I expect the next couple of years will be a series of peaks and valleys, and that masks and mandates are not yet gone for good.

It's just unfortunate that the break in Covid is now being filled with war...it just never ends.

JoeCamel

I think it's still premature to discuss moving on yet. The next few months will likely be quiet due to the huge amount of people infected with omicron, not to mention the changing of seasons in the north. However, it also seemed like things were wrapping up last May-June, right before Delta hit. I expect the next couple of years will be a series of peaks and valleys, and that masks and mandates are not yet gone for good.

It's just unfortunate that the break in Covid is now being filled with war...it just never ends.
That plus there is a whole world out there breeding new strains....
We (the western world) are far further along in this pandemic than many other places around the world, it is still decimating economies and medical systems in many places.
As has been shown time and again we are all on this space rock together, no one is isolated from everything else
Another morbid thought is the parallel with the 1918 flu and war, if we start shipping thousands around the world and they have to crowd into confined spaces it is very much like the troopships of that war.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Moving on in the context of WDW. As far as the parks are concerned there’s not much left to talk about. Just about all the mitigations are gone. It’s always possible the worst occurs and we end up with some mitigations back, but outside of that the masks on transport are the last thing to go.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Moving on in the context of WDW. As far as the parks are concerned there’s not much left to talk about. Just about all the mitigations are gone. It’s always possible the worst occurs and we end up with some mitigations back, but outside of that the masks on transport are the last thing to go.

You still have socially distanced M&G, plexi-dividers in some queues, and shows modified for COVID, for example Festival of the Lion King. Not to mention the covid side effects, restaurants still not open, staffing problems, etc.

StarWarsGirl

Does anyone else feel like it's weird not to wear a mask?

I went into Walgreens today and didn't put it on (I still had it in my pocket). I've worn a mask even though mandates were dropped, but now I'm vaxed AND I had omicron, so I felt like I didn't need it. It felt so weird. I ended up having to put it on because I still have a leftover cough from omicron and thought it would make those around me feel better, but it was so weird.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You still have socially distanced M&G, plexi-dividers in some queues, and shows modified for COVID, for example Festival of the Lion King. Not to mention the covid side effects, restaurants still not open, staffing problems, etc.
Yep, just about all gone. It’s possible some queues will keep the plexiglass and I think park reservations are with us for a longer time. Staffing problems will likely continue for a while too.

JoeCamel

Does anyone else feel like it's weird not to wear a mask?

I went into Walgreens today and didn't put it on (I still had it in my pocket). I've worn a mask even though mandates were dropped, but now I'm vaxed AND I had omicron, so I felt like I didn't need it. It felt so weird. I ended up having to put it on because I still have a leftover cough from omicron and thought it would make those around me feel better, but it was so weird.
Yes, I run back and forth in my mind with the risk vs hassle. A lot depends on if I will be close to people inside and if the staff are required to wear them, if I'm face to face with someone for a few minutes I will and not just for covid. Lots of nasty stuff sailing around this time of year and I haven't felt A-1 for a couple of weeks either but not really sick. I tested and it was negative so I hope to keep from picking anything up or passing what is low grade for me on to others.
I would prefer to not have it in my life but that is long ago and far away now, fact of life from this point forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom