Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBaker

Premium Member
DCL has now updated the website to reflect the changes -

"We are pleased to share our plans for a phased relaunch of Disney Cruise Line.

Currently, Disney Cruise Line continues to require all vaccine-eligible Guests (based on US eligibility requirements) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at the time of sailing. This will be a requirement for all Guests (US and international) ages 5 and up for sailings beginning on or after January 13, 2022. Guests who are not vaccine-eligible because of age must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 3 days and 24 hours before their sail date. Guests ages 5 through 11 may complete this testing requirement in lieu of being fully vaccinated for sailings that depart before January 13, 2022.

Guests 4 years of age and under must complete the testing requirements. The test should be a NAAT test, rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests are not accepted."

danlb_2000

Premium Member
DCL has now updated the website to reflect the changes -

"We are pleased to share our plans for a phased relaunch of Disney Cruise Line.

Currently, Disney Cruise Line continues to require all vaccine-eligible Guests (based on US eligibility requirements) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), at the time of sailing. This will be a requirement for all Guests (US and international) ages 5 and up for sailings beginning on or after January 13, 2022. Guests who are not vaccine-eligible because of age must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 3 days and 24 hours before their sail date. Guests ages 5 through 11 may complete this testing requirement in lieu of being fully vaccinated for sailings that depart before January 13, 2022.

Guests 4 years of age and under must complete the testing requirements. The test should be a NAAT test, rapid PCR test or lab-based PCR test. Rapid antigen tests are not accepted."

Did I miss something, I thought this wasn't legal in Florida?

mmascari

Meanwhile in the vaccinated group, ...........Their individual behavior probably didn't change between the first 121 days and the last 100 either, so the change is likely due to the vaccine effectiveness.
I wouldn't just discount a behavior change.
I believe the negative effectiveness is due to vaccinated people who feel (as I do) that once you are vaccinated that's the end of COVID for you. If the vaccine stops having any effect after a period of time but you live without caring about COVID at all then you are more likely to get infected then a person who isn't vaccinated but is taking some level of precautions.
Haven't they done football studies that as helmet technology has improved players have developed behaviors that are more dangerous because of the perceived protection of the helmet. Sometimes leading back to the very injuries that the improvements were designed to protect against.

Likewise, have they seen that drivers using a seatbelt or car with other safety technology, like traction control, have been shown to take more risks while driving.

I can very easily imagine vaccinated people taking more risks of COVID exposure than the same people did prior to vaccination.

We know the vaccine reduces the chance you'll get COVID, not eliminates. So the question becomes if they increase risky behavior enough to eliminate (or severely diminish) the reduction from vaccination. Since the risk is also related to the level of community spread, doing more risky things in a low community spread area will negate less of the reduction than doing more risky things in a an area of high spread.

Worst case extreme, a vaccinated person sitting in a poorly ventilated confined space with a bunch of currently infected people. Maximum risky behavior that will severely erode the risk reduction from vaccination.

There's lots of stuff we might call quality improvements that would increase risk slightly but not anywhere near negating the reduction. Especially in areas of low community spread. Those are all things vaccinated people should be able to enjoy while unvaccinated people shouldn't be doing them. Assuming we know who is which, since some of them directly impact the risk calculation of someone else.

mmascari

Wow. That’s quick. If you’ll have a cruise in January, better get the shot immediately for the kids.
I wish schools would do that. Start the second semester off with everyone in the building vaccinated after the holiday break.

Alas they will not. Perhaps for next school year.

Our schools did do it for Winter athletes. They're all over 12, middle and high schoolers only, so it wasn't something quick though.

lazyboy97o

Did I miss something, I thought this wasn't legal in Florida?
Florida can’t control the entry requirements of another country. The cruise lines started requiring vaccination despite DeSantis launching an investigation when the Bahamas required it even for visits to private islands. Most of the ships operating in Florida are Bahamian vessels that visit the country.

Chip Chipperson

I just got an e-mail stating the same for my planned February trip. I do feel bad for families who aren't anti-vaxxers but want to wait to get their kids ages 5-12 vaccinated to see how it plays out, but had felt safe booking a cruise because they're vaccinated themselves and kids have to be tested in order to board the ship and now they find themselves having to either cancel the trip or get their kids their shots before they're ready to do so. I get why Disney is doing it, though. They require the vaccine for all eligible passengers and now kids are eligible so they have to start requiring it at some point.

sullyinMT

Assuming seasonality of Europe’s current wave, this recent announcement from DCL actually got me excited again for our Northern from Dover-Copenhagen in July/August. I can’t imagine that many under-4s, and there may even be a jab for them by then.

DisneyCane

Ok…so old with some heart concerns?

maybe she was not a good candidate for a booster?

pretty sure it wasn’t Fauci’s fault?

there are a lot of bad lawyers…engineers…

…same go for doctors
If you use what she has as a reason not to get a booster likely over half of people her age or older wouldn't be able to get one. Mild afib is extremely common in the elderly as is high cholesterol.

DisneyCane

Maybe already having afib, the shot somehow made it worse. Hope she's feeling great now!
Yes. She's back to normal now. It was probably 3 days post booster that she felt good again. After going through it she said that she will never take a booster again (at least of Pfizer for sure). She isn't a dramatic person and said she really thought she would have to call 911 and get taken to the hospital and that she might actually die.

She is deathly afraid of COVID and wanted the vaccine and booster more than people on here would want a lifetime, anywhere/anytime LL pass.

Angel Ariel

She had several hours of a very high (around 179 heart rate), very low blood pressure as a result, AFib event for around 36 hours and severe chills for almost 24 hours.

I'm sure you'll just give a snarky reply insinuating that she survived so it wasn't a big deal.
It’s specifically for those who cannot receive the vaccine, who whose immune systems are so compromised the vaccine doesn’t work, that everyone who *can* be vaccinated needs to be vaccinated. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a “mandate” for a vaccine that didn’t include exclusions for those who cannot receive the vaccine, especially for medical reasons.(which would, therefore, not be taking a person’s doctor out of the equation).

threvester

I don’t think the mods did it because it goes against their views…you’re reading them wrong.

how did you phrase it?
i mentioned the myocarditis and the lump and 6 inch mark on my arm that lasted for a few months (tetanus leaves the same mark for me).....I was just reporting my experience because posters were being very vocal that there were no side effects in anyone that wasnt a male under 30...when the post was deleted i just left it alone, im here for Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom