Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rk03221

Can anyone explain why Disney stock is up? I’m guessing it’ll be down next quarter from this but it’s a head scratcher lol. It’s at a good price now so I’ll keep buying

hopemax

Can anyone explain why Disney stock is up? I’m guessing it’ll be down next quarter from this but it’s a head scratcher lol. It’s at a good price now so I’ll keep buying
An article I just read, indicates that investors believe that the new Federal guidelines for reopening, indicate that Disney theme parks can reopen sooner than later. Movie theater chains also got bumps for the same reason. :rolleyes:

easyrowrdw

Mortality rates shouldn't change as long as the level of care remains consistent. We're about to have more ventilators in this country than we know what to do with. In addition, treatment options will continue to improve.

Good point. Distancing was supposed to provide time for hospitals to better handle the infections that were coming. If fewer people are at risk than originally thought, then it's even better. Hopefully future research bears it out.

DisneyDebRob

An article I just read, indicates that investors believe that the new Federal guidelines for reopening, indicate that Disney theme parks can reopen sooner than later. Movie theater chains also got bumps for the same reason. :rolleyes:
Do you have a link? I so need to read that.

DisneyDebRob

What about a soft opening with temp scans and limited restaurant capacities? I could see that happening in June. People are ready to open things up and you know these large corporations can't bleed money forever.

Am I too optimistic?
I think so. Maybe a bit but nothing wrong with that. I want to see pictures of Main Street social distancing, just can’t picture that. Let alone the rest of the park and restaurants and attractions all adhering to this. I don’t think it can be done. Maybe with only a thousand people let in?

LittleBuford

I think so. Maybe a bit but nothing wrong with that. I want to see pictures of Main Street social distancing, just can’t picture that. Let alone the rest of the park and restaurants and attractions all adhering to this. I don’t think it can be done. Maybe with only a thousand people let in?

I too am struggling to understand how any amount of social distancing could be achieved at Disney. If it is doable at all, it would take so much thought and effort as to suck all the fun out of being there.

JoeCamel

People hanging on the remdesivir results and thinking this all goes away soon. IMO there are much better opportunities without as much risk as $DIS right now but I would not buy anything til we get a lot more info on how big of a hit and for how long this will be.

DisneyCane

I took the time this morning to make a chart of daily new cases in Italy (where there was a national lockdown on day 19 of the chart and regional before that) vs. Sweden where they have not implemented widespread social distancing measures.

To create the chart, I overlaid the daily new case data beginning with the day each country saw more than 10 new cases. I normalized the data per 100,000 population. This normalized data is shown in blue for Italy and pink for Sweden. Since Sweden's count is so low per capita compared to Italy, I created the yellow line where I multiplied Sweden times 10 so the shape of the curve would be apparent to compare against Italy. Sweden is about 11 days behind Italy in the outbreak timeline so that is why the Sweden data ends earlier.

I am posting this as a factual presentation in a format that isn't easily available so that people can draw their own conclusions. In order to avoid back and forth arguments, I would like to request that nobody reply to this post or discuss the content in this thread. Please treat this as a simple display of data. If posters start arguing about it, I will ask @TheMom to delete the post and any subsequent posts.
itswe.jpg

DCBaker

Premium Member
"For the first time in its 50 year history, the show will not go on. Comic-Con International announced that there will be no San Diego Comic-Con in 2020 — and the next planned event will be July 22-25, 2021."

"Additionally, while initially WonderCon — which was originally set for April 10-12, 2020 — was announced as being “postponed”, it is also now officially cancelled for the year. Organizers hope it returns to the Anaheim Convention Center on March 26-28, 2021."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom