Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImperfectPixie

Hey, general poll:
Do you think the people of the USA are handing this well?
If I were to use my town's largest FB group (over 40,000 members) as a sample I would have to give you a huge, resounding no. There seems to be a segment that are doing what they're supposed to and trying to be helpful and supportive of others, but for the most part, there's too much misinformation being spread, people complaining and blowing off the recommendations, twisting facts to suit personal narratives...it's pretty ugly.

RoyalPrinceLeon

... the world is cruel... wicked... ah I f
If I were to use my town's largest FB group (over 40,000 members) as a sample I would have to give you a huge, resounding no. There seems to be a segment that are doing what they're supposed to and trying to be helpful and supportive of others, but for the most part, there's too much misinformation being spread, people complaining and blowing off the recommendations, twisting facts to suit personal narratives...it's pretty ugly.
50/50 split .... sounds like the nation we are in. For a United Nation we sure are divided. Even when it comes to facts.

ImperfectPixie

... the world is cruel... wicked... ah I f

50/50 split .... sounds like the nation we are in. For a United Nation we sure are divided. Even when it comes to facts.
I'd probably lean closer to 25/75 or 30/70...in favor of those NOT following the recommendations and trying to be helpful. There are even people harassing those who are only trying to help.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'd probably lean closer to 25/75 or 30/70...in favor of those NOT following the recommendations and trying to be helpful. There are even people harassing those who are only trying to help.
What part of Arkantuckyvania do you live in?? 😳😳

Anyway...I’ve noticed (unfortunately I’ve been deemed “essential”) the last week and half to now that it’s very much locked down. Not perfect but not awful. Hot zone may do that for you

ImperfectPixie

What part of Arkantuckyvania do you live in?? 😳😳

Anyway...I’ve noticed (unfortunately I’ve been deemed “essential”) the last week and half to now that it’s very much locked down. Not perfect but not awful. Hot zone may do that for you
Believe it or not...I live in suburban MA...south of Boston. ETA: We're not a hot-spot...our numbers are actually pretty low, which leads me to think that the mass testing Gov. Baker keeps referring to is happening in Boston and points north where the numbers of confirmed cases and deaths are much higher. I'm dreading seeing a huge spike in our area, but I have a feeling there's one coming.

DisneyDoctor

Hey, general poll:
Do you think the people of the USA are handing this well?
This situation has been so strange to me. I see people freaking out and fear mongering the crap out of this, not productive at all. No one needs 300 rolls of toilet paper. But, at the same time, I’ve seen way too many people blow it off like it’s nothing, also not productive and super dangerous.

Maybe some of you disagree, but I feel like those who are behaving and thinking rationally are in the minority by far. Or, maybe they’re the least outspoken and don’t waste their time on the internet. Not sure, probably a bit of truth to both.

ImperfectPixie

This situation has been so strange to me. I see people freaking out and fear mongering the crap out of this, not productive at all. No one needs 300 rolls of toilet paper. But, at the same time, I’ve seen way too many people blow it off like it’s nothing, also not productive and super dangerous.

Maybe some of you disagree, but I feel like those who are behaving and thinking rationally are in the minority by far. Or, maybe they’re the least outspoken and don’t waste their time on the internet. Not sure, probably a bit of truth to both.
I agree - people who are doing what they're supposed to and being rational and trying to be safe definitely seem to be in the minority.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Believe it or not...I live in suburban MA...south of Boston. ETA: We're not a hot-spot...our numbers are actually pretty low, which leads me to think that the mass testing Gov. Baker keeps referring to is happening in Boston and points north where the numbers of confirmed cases and deaths are much higher. I'm dreading seeing a huge spike in our area, but I have a feeling there's one coming.
You mean the land of Gerry Callahan? There’s somekinda “angry with our history” thing going down up in da PAAAAAAHHHHK 😎

LittleBuford

Everyone’s definition of “behaving rationally” is different. On this very board I was told I was “a part of the problem” because I visit my local coffee shop.

I wouldn’t call you part of the problem (that seems unduly harsh), but neither do I think people should be going to their local coffee shops. Aren’t most of them closed now anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom