Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond Dot

It is only in the last 5-10 years that vaccines have become an issue to be politicised or part of conspiracy theories. Before then we happily had our shots and got on with our lives. I don't remember any nonsense about being magnetised or other such silliness then. But, then again, there was no social media spreading conspiracy nonsense or pushing political agendas that people believe without checking the validity of them.

JoeCamel

It is only in the last 5-10 years that vaccines have become an issue to be politicised or part of conspiracy theories. Before then we happily had our shots and got on with our lives. I don't remember any nonsense about being magnetised or other such silliness then. But, then again, there was no social media spreading conspiracy nonsense or pushing political agendas that people believe without checking the validity of them.
A little before that

Danissmart

The flu travels and undergoes antigenic shift among populations of migrating birds, so unless they were in lock-down too, the lack of flu last year probably had much more with those mitigation measures in humans that you are so against.
What about populations that didn’t mitigate?

Jrb1979

A little before that
Yes anti vaccine movements have been around forever, IMO it's the worst it's ever been. Sincere Covid started I've never seen so much false information that's put out there by anti vaccine/ anti government group.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It is one thing to ban flights of travelers from these countries to fly to the USA or UK directly but how is it going to be enforced if these travelers from these banned countries fly to another country in Africa or Europe and go on a non stop and enter the airports of NYC, Miami , Atlanta or Boston?

Doesn't really matter, the travel ban may slow down the spread but it will eventually get here. The ban doesn't impact US citizens, people that region could also travel to other regions, pass it to locals who then travel here. Doesn't take a large number of infected people to start it spreading in another country.

correcaminos

I am by far not a conspiracy theorist however my memory of WHO sitting on their hands when CV began is still fresh. As well as our top infection control MD speaking in 1/20 how she is not concerned about CV, we should worry about the flu.

Maybe its a over reaction, but they didn't get this excited by the Mu variant, which had 3 mutations. This one has over 30.
They have gotten excited over more than one variant in the past. Very much so. Mu was concerning but disappeared quickly

Alpha and Beta were huge concerns when they came out too. Let the scientific world figure it out before assuming we're doomed. Honestly I'm a lot over the sky is falling approach anyway.

Lilofan

Doesn't really matter, the travel ban may slow down the spread but it will eventually get here. The ban doesn't impact US citizens, people that region could also travel to other regions, pass it to locals who then travel here. Doesn't take a large number of infected people to start it spreading in another country.
Breaking news from CNN, states Omicron variant may already be here in the USA according to Dr Fauci.

Lilofan

That's the only thing I think I've been consistent with - willing to wait and see. Not jump to bad conclusions.
In regards to the guest wait and see approach in regards to the tourism industry ( or really a number of industries ) is a nightmare to predict and run efficiently from an operations perspective.

James J

In the Parks
No

Measures getting updated here - everyone entering the UK now has to do a PCR and self-isolate until the results are known, the booster plan is getting reviewed, and masks in shops and on transport will become mandatory again. Rather hate that all this uncertainty over the new variant has arrived when we're due to fly to SC on December 21st!

dreday3

I wouldn't. And those who know me know I'm no denier of anything. It's not emotionally healthy to jump to worst case. I like to wait on results. Worst case are new vaccines can come quickly and we'll find ways to deal.

I think you got your booster? We get ours next week. My parents got two weeks ago. Best we can do! Most experts are saying they believe vaccines will still offer some level of protection and it will be greater with a booster. :) And still, no word on how severe the cases are in South Africa that prompted this warning.

I'm not worried for our health and I'm thankful everyone I know has been vaccinated and either has or is planning on getting booster. What I do worry about is a push for another shutdown in the US. Mentally/emotionally, I know a few people who just won't make it through another one. :( We never stopped masks in stores, public transport, etc. around here, so that will stay the same.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I think you got your booster? We get ours next week. My parents got two weeks ago. Best we can do! Most experts are saying they believe vaccines will still offer some level of protection and it will be greater with a booster. :) And still, no word on how severe the cases are in South Africa that prompted this warning.
They have all been mild from what I heard. But too soon to know for certain.

LittleBuford

Face coverings will become compulsory in shops and on public transport in the UK from “next week”, a statement from 10 Downing Street said.​

The statement said: “Face coverings will be made compulsory in shops and on public transport from next week.​

“All hospitality settings will be exempt.”​

Why wait till next week? And why exempt hospitality settings? It’s the usual half-baked nonsense.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

I'm not worried for our health and I'm thankful everyone I know has been vaccinated and either has or is planning on getting booster. What I do worry about is a push for another shutdown in the US. Mentally/emotionally, I know a few people who just won't make it through another one. :( We never stopped masks in stores, public transport, etc. around here, so that will stay the same.
I don't want another SHUTDOWN in US again, will they shutdown in US for months when new variant as pandemic will get worse? Is gonna really happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom