Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Harlem

WOW....and yet masks remain. What is the metric they're (either the Mayor of OC or WDW) looking for to drop the indoor masks? 0% over 14 days? It's barely over 3% now.
The goal was 14 days after the rolling positivity went under 5% and vaccines are over 70%. So going by this check back Wednesday for an announcement. Disney is a member of the county covid task force and is going along with county recommendations (which the CDC guidelines state to do as well), so you can probably form your own conclusions here.

Today the CDC reported under 1000 new cases for the day (950), which means Florida is getting into numbers even lower than June now, hoping this continues.

Last edited:

Heelz2315

The goal was 14 days after the rolling positivity went under 5% and vaccines are over 70%. So going by this check back Wednesday for an announcement. Disney is a member of the county covid task force and is going along with county recommendations (which the CDC guidelines state to do as well), so you can probably form your own conclusions here.

So you think they'll be gone soon? interesting...hope you're right.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Updated guidelines for international travelers -

"The White House on Monday said it will require airlines to check U.S.-bound air travelers’ proof of Covid-19 vaccination and provide contact information to federal officials as part of new rules that take effect when the U.S. lifts curbs on international visitors next month.

The Biden administration earlier this month said it plans to lift pandemic restrictions that barred most visitors from more than 30 countries, including the U.K. and Brazil, on Nov. 8, allowing in vaccinated travelers. The rules were put in place first by the Trump administration in early 2020 and then extended by the Biden administration this year.

The new rules, issued by President Joe Biden on Monday, will be applied to foreign visitors, including those coming to the U.S. from countries that were not on the prohibited list.

Exemptions to the visitors’ vaccine requirements include travelers under the age of 18 or those who have medical reasons prohibiting them from getting a vaccine, senior Biden administration officials said. Foreign visitors between age 2 and 17 must still take a Covid test three days before departure if they are traveling with a fully vaccinated adult.

Other exemptions include those traveling on non-tourist visas from countries with low vaccine availability. A senior administration official said there are about 50 countries that would fit that bill, but that individuals who receive the exemption for low vaccine availability have to provide a U.S.-government issued letter stating the urgent need for travel.

Officials consider fully vaccinated two weeks since the last dose of a Covid-19 vaccine or a single-dose vaccine like Johnson & Johnson’s. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention earlier this month said it would accept a combination of two doses from vaccines that have Food and Drug Administration authorization or are on the World Health Organization’s list for emergency use. Digital and paper copies of vaccine certificates will be accepted.

The CDC will require airlines to collect and track contact information from travelers and potentially share that with federal officials."

Animaniac93-98

Updated guidelines for international travelers -

"The White House on Monday said it will require airlines to check U.S.-bound air travelers’ proof of Covid-19 vaccination and provide contact information to federal officials as part of new rules that take effect when the U.S. lifts curbs on international visitors next month.

The Biden administration earlier this month said it plans to lift pandemic restrictions that barred most visitors from more than 30 countries, including the U.K. and Brazil, on Nov. 8, allowing in vaccinated travelers. The rules were put in place first by the Trump administration in early 2020 and then extended by the Biden administration this year.

The new rules, issued by President Joe Biden on Monday, will be applied to foreign visitors, including those coming to the U.S. from countries that were not on the prohibited list.

Exemptions to the visitors’ vaccine requirements include travelers under the age of 18 or those who have medical reasons prohibiting them from getting a vaccine, senior Biden administration officials said. Foreign visitors between age 2 and 17 must still take a Covid test three days before departure if they are traveling with a fully vaccinated adult.

Other exemptions include those traveling on non-tourist visas from countries with low vaccine availability. A senior administration official said there are about 50 countries that would fit that bill, but that individuals who receive the exemption for low vaccine availability have to provide a U.S.-government issued letter stating the urgent need for travel.

Officials consider fully vaccinated two weeks since the last dose of a Covid-19 vaccine or a single-dose vaccine like Johnson & Johnson’s. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention earlier this month said it would accept a combination of two doses from vaccines that have Food and Drug Administration authorization or are on the World Health Organization’s list for emergency use. Digital and paper copies of vaccine certificates will be accepted.

The CDC will require airlines to collect and track contact information from travelers and potentially share that with federal officials."

To clarify, this means you will not need to get a COVID test if you're fully vaccinated, correct?

If so, that saves me quite a bit on my next trip anywhere in the States.

DCBaker

Premium Member
To clarify, this means you will not need to get a COVID test if you're fully vaccinated, correct?

If so, that saves me quite a bit on my next trip anywhere in the States.

You will still need to show a negative test -
  • You must be fully vaccinated to travel to the United States by plane if you are a non-U.S. citizen, non-U.S. immigrant (not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or traveling to the United States on an immigrant visa). Only limited exceptions apply.
  • You are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 when you travel to the United States by air. The timing of this test depends on your vaccination status and age.

Nubs70

You will still need to show a negative test -
  • You must be fully vaccinated to travel to the United States by plane if you are a non-U.S. citizen, non-U.S. immigrant (not a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, lawful permanent resident, or traveling to the United States on an immigrant visa). Only limited exceptions apply.
  • You are required to show a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 when you travel to the United States by air. The timing of this test depends on your vaccination status and age.

Documentation of Recovery is an adequate permission?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Documentation of Recovery is an adequate permission?

From the update today -

"If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status) before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.

Fully vaccinated: The viral test must be conducted on a sample taken no more than 3 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country if you show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

Not fully vaccinated: The viral test must be conducted on a sample taken no more than 1 day before the flight’s departure from a foreign country if you do not show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel)."

Also from the FAQ -

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 6.47.30 PM.png

disneygeek90

From the update today -

"If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status) before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.

Fully vaccinated: The viral test must be conducted on a sample taken no more than 3 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country if you show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

Not fully vaccinated: The viral test must be conducted on a sample taken no more than 1 day before the flight’s departure from a foreign country if you do not show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19.

If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel)."

Also from the FAQ -

View attachment 595701

This is in line with my place of work. Weekly testing is required unless you’re fully vaccinated or you can show proof of having Covid in the past 3 months. After those 3 months it’s back to testing (or getting vaccinated 🙂)

Disney Analyst

Woohoo!!

"As of Monday, Oct. 25, 2021, 89.6% (4,152,455) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.4% (3,910,536) have received their second dose.

In addition, 90.0% (3,893,775) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 85.0% (3,676,200) have received their second dose."

October82

Woohoo!!

"As of Monday, Oct. 25, 2021, 89.6% (4,152,455) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.4% (3,910,536) have received their second dose.

In addition, 90.0% (3,893,775) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 85.0% (3,676,200) have received their second dose."

It'll be interesting to see the effective reproductive number in BC going forward. That'll say a lot about vaccine efficacy against variants.

Disney Analyst

It'll be interesting to see the effective reproductive number in BC going forward. That'll say a lot about vaccine efficacy against variants.

It may take until the younger age group is approved, 90% of eligible adults is great, almost at 90% for 12+, once we get 5-11 in there, we might really see some positive outcomes.

Delta is still kicking us.

Heppenheimer

The FDA meets today to discuss Pfizer's application for children 5-11. After reading the application (you can download it on the above website, but it isn't exactly a light read), I can't imagine that the FDA won't grant the EUA. The vaccine showed high efficacy, even against the delta surge in children who were in school at the time, and there were no severe adverse events that could be attributed to the vaccine. The only question not answered by the study (other than duration of efficacy) was the issue of myocarditis, which the authors admit the study wasn't sufficiently powered to detect. But at least they have enough data to show that it won't be more common in younger children than it was in teenagers.

The only relevant information I wanted to know but couldn't find were the comorbidities of the study population. The document mentioned that some of the subjects did have comorbidities, but didn't define which and at what frequency (or if it did, I couldn't find the info). They did mention that of the 3 cases of COVID detected in the treatment group, none had comorbidities, and all 3 cases of COVID were very mild compared to the placebo group.

The document presented to the FDA is pretty long, but hopefully Pfizer will publish a journal paper soon. These usually are more concise and readable than the FDA application.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

The FDA meets today to discuss Pfizer's application for children 5-11. After reading the application (you can download it on the above website, but it isn't exactly a light read), I can't imagine that the FDA won't grant the EUA. The vaccine showed high efficacy, even against the delta surge in children who were in school at the time, and there were no severe adverse events that could be attributed to the vaccine. The only question not answered by the study (other than duration of efficacy) was the issue of myocarditis, which the authors admit the study wasn't sufficiently powered to detect. But at least they have enough data to show that it won't be more common in younger children than it was in teenagers.

The only relevant information I wanted to know but couldn't find were the comorbidities of the study population. The document mentioned that some of the subjects did have comorbidities, but didn't define which and at what frequency (or if it did, I couldn't find the info). They did mention that of the 3 cases of COVID detected in the treatment group, none had comorbidities, and all 3 cases of COVID were very mild compared to the placebo group.

The document presented to the FDA is pretty long, but hopefully Pfizer will publish a journal paper soon. These usually are more concise and readable than the FDA application.
They are clearly preparing its the foregone conclusion that this is largely a formality. I was happy to hear Pfizer will begin shipping the moment the FDA gives the okay (today or tomorrow) so shots can go into arms once the CDC Director gives the okay. I would anticipate we will see shots in arms by next Friday.

Soon enough, this will all be but a memory and this thread can die along with all of the others that are like
8BA99D92-3061-4E54-8B64-7E781AAD516A.jpeg

CaptainAmerica

They are clearly preparing its the foregone conclusion that this is largely a formality. I was happy to hear Pfizer will begin shipping the moment the FDA gives the okay (today or tomorrow) so shots can go into arms once the CDC Director gives the okay. I would anticipate we will see shots in arms by next Friday.
I wouldn't be shocked if we see shots in arms THIS Friday.

ToTBellHop

I wouldn't be shocked if we see shots in arms THIS Friday.
CDC still has to meet next week. But I believe you can technically set appointments once the FDA gives the all clear. Once they do, I’m going to log into VAMS and see if it will let me book my kids for late next week. I’ll want a Friday after school, just in case. I can’t wait until I can finally stop worrying. I told the kids I will book a Universal trip right after dose 2 since they can enjoy a maskless trip at that point.

correcaminos

CDC still has to meet next week. But I believe you can technically set appointments once the FDA gives the all clear. Once they do, I’m going to log into VAMS and see if it will let me book my kids for late next week. I’ll want a Friday after school, just in case. I can’t wait until I can finally stop worrying. I told the kids I will book a Universal trip right after dose 2 since they can enjoy a maskless trip at that point.
Not all places actually cared about the CDC stamp for 12-15 year olds. My kid was in before CDC rubber stamped. Was explained that FDA mattered, CDC did not for all. Just keep an eye out just in case.

My pediatrician office has already said they suggest the vaccine. No scheduling yet though.

CaptainAmerica

CDC guidance is nonbinding.

What has your experience been like with VAMS? I like the idea of it because, in theory, it keeps a permanent digital record in case you lose your card or whatever, but my experience actually using it has been awful. For both me and my wife, it lost the record of our second dose and it took us two months of phone calls bouncing between them, my employer, and my hospital trying to get it sorted out.

Heppenheimer

Please share, what is "VAMS"?

I'll be glad once the FDA grants this EUA, but because I have a 3 year old and another one on the way in December, we're not booking any Disney trips just yet. Hopefully, Pfizer requests the EUA for younger kids as soon as this one is approved, because it appears they already have the data lined up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom