Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Have they even started half dose booster trials? The article makes it seem like the move to half dose is mostly to get 2x the booster doses out of the same production.
Yes, their booster trial used 50mg dose instead of the full 100mgs. From the attached:

The Phase 2 study of mRNA-1273 was amended to offer a booster dose of mRNA-1273 at the 50 µg dose level to interested participants 6 months following their second dose (n=344). Neutralizing antibody titers had waned significantly prior to boosting at approximately 6 months. A booster dose of mRNA-1273 at the 50 µg dose level boosted neutralizing titers significantly above the Phase 3 benchmark. After a third dose, a similar level of neutralizing titers was achieved across age groups, notably in older adults (ages 65 and above). The safety profile following dose 3 was similar to that observed previously for dose 2 of mRNA-1273. These data will be submitted to a peer-reviewed publication.

An additional analysis showed that a booster dose of mRNA-1273 at the 50 µg dose level induced robust antibody responses and significantly increased geometric mean titers (GMT) for all variants of concern including Beta (B.1.351) by 32- fold, Gamma (P.1) by 43.6-fold and Delta (B.1.617.2) by 42.3-fold.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Truly might be running out of people who don't have antibodies the good way or the bad way.
Ehh, all the states that had a bad summer with delta are coming down now (Florida having pretty much been the worst)....we will see what happens in January...

Last edited:

DisneyCane

Ehh, all the states that had a bad summer with delta are coming down now (Florida having pretty much been the worst)....we will see what happens in January...
If there is a winter spike in the northeast I expect some level of spike in FL from people visiting.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If there is a winter spike in the northeast I expect some level of spike in FL from people visiting.
I think a winter spike in hospitalizations in the NE is inevitable (not Florida summer levels). Even there, I don't think the vaccination rate is high enough to avoid it. How high it goes and how states will respond are the questions. But, I cannot even begin to predict Florida...lol

seascape

I just got back from WDW on Monday. the crowds were huge at MK on Saturday night. The sales of merchandise also looked great. Anyway, getting back on track and the Covid19 cases, Florida has now broken 30 again and as of today's release is slightly under 28. So, given the falling rate will Florida reach single digits before New York and New Jersey? In any case when will Florida reach single digits? My guess is before the end of October.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I can’t predict what will happen, but this delta wave was in no way exclusive to the sun belt. It stretched across the whole country unlike last Summer when cases spiked in the South and were dropping in the NE. I don’t think we can assume the case pattern will be identical to last year and based solely on geography. If there isn’t a new and more contagious variant it’s possible we don’t see a big wave this winter. The UK variant ramped up last winter and drove a lot of the spike. CA got slammed particularly hard. Vaccination rates aren’t high enough to stop community spread, but it’s a dial not a light switch (like so many things with covid), so cases will continue but the more people vaccinated the lower the spread.

mmascari

Vaccination rates aren’t high enough to stop community spread, but it’s a dial not a light switch (like so many things with covid), so cases will continue but the more people vaccinated the lower the spread.
Surf the CDC county graph instead of state. There’s some turning orange already. Places with 80%+ population vaccinated. Some with 95% over 12 vaccinated.

We may have local pockets that are high enough, depending on how much they mix with the surrounding area. Along with how high those areas are. Has to start somewhere and grow out. My bet is it starts with these.

seascape

I can’t predict what will happen, but this delta wave was in no way exclusive to the sun belt. It stretched across the whole country unlike last Summer when cases spiked in the South and were dropping in the NE. I don’t think we can assume the case pattern will be identical to last year and based solely on geography. If there isn’t a new and more contagious variant it’s possible we don’t see a big wave this winter. The UK variant ramped up last winter and drove a lot of the spike. CA got slammed particularly hard. Vaccination rates aren’t high enough to stop community spread, but it’s a dial not a light switch (like so many things with covid), so cases will continue but the more people vaccinated the lower the spread.
I know Covid19 has been unpredictable but I am so happy the numbers in Florida fell to the 40's before the 17th so we could make our WDW trip. I had told my wife they would and would fall into the 30's last week. If those predictions had not come true I promised I would cancel our trip. As for the numbers back home in NY and NJ, I am glad they didn't increase to the obscene level of Florida and other states but am not happy with the fact that our vaccination rate has stagnated. We need to do better because Florida is still increasing their rate and is catching up to us. We all still need to take this seriously and get vaccinated. My wife and I are looking forward to taking our third shots by the end of October.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I know Covid19 has been unpredictable but I am so happy the numbers in Florida fell to the 40's before the 17th so we could make our WDW trip. I had told my wife they would and would fall into the 30's last week. If those predictions had not come true I promised I would cancel our trip. As for the numbers back home in NY and NJ, I am glad they didn't increase to the obscene level of Florida and other states but am not happy with the fact that our vaccination rate has stagnated. We need to do better because Florida is still increasing their rate and is catching up to us. We all still need to take this seriously and get vaccinated. My wife and I are looking forward to taking our third shots by the end of October.
NYC has seen a big increases in daily shots since they announced vaccine mandates. It’s making a big difference. That just needs to spread more widely. NY and NJ are at 74% and 75% of eligible people fully vaccinated. FL is at 65%. We know the rate has to get higher everywhere and we need to get kids under 12 approved too.

seascape

NYC has seen a big increases in daily shots since they announced vaccine mandates. It’s making a big difference. That just needs to spread more widely. NY and NJ are at 74% and 75% of eligible people fully vaccinated. FL is at 65%. We know the rate has to get higher everywhere and we need to get kids under 12 approved too.
Actually accord to the NY Times Florida is now up to 66% and your numbers for NY and NJ are still the same. It will be very interesting to see what happens to the numbers once they fully open up vaccinations to age 5 and up. Hopefully, that will happen soon and finally bring the numbers down to 1 or 2 per 100k nationally.

Disney Analyst

Now let’s check the risk factors of other drugs we give young adults without hesitation…

This is why I have to laugh at people who go on and on about possible side effects, meanwhile they have never questioned anything else they've taken, and often with drugs they take those for prolonged periods...

Meanwhile, our bodies in charge are following the science, and making recommendations as they need to. The system is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom