Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Just saw Tim Tracker got COVID and was vaccinated with Moderna in April. Very mild symptoms and Jen did not get it. They both have been wearing masks indoors and out and does not know where he got it from. They are both wearing masks at home to be “100% sure” Jen will not get it even though both are negative now.
Mild is better than full blown. Glad others didn't come down with it either but really? They couldn't guess where it was picked up? I'm at school every day and if I get sick I'm sure where it came from. People who are indoors a lot shouldn't be shocked.

Polkadotdress

People will argue that 5-11 year old people can't be vaccinated which would be a valid point if I posted the death numbers for under 12 from the CDC yesterday to prove this as a fact. IIRC, COVID deaths in children was 79 for the entire 18 month pandemic.
The parents of this infant would disagree with your statement about risk:

Chip Chipperson

Have they been congregating in crowded environments lately?

They did go to Halloween Horror Nights (twice for Tim) and both the Sea World and Busch Gardens Halloween events. They were masked from what they showed, but I remember seeing some actors at the events get uncomfortably close for extended periods of time while talking to them in character at one of the events.

cjack300zx

Just saw Tim Tracker got COVID and was vaccinated with Moderna in April. Very mild symptoms and Jen did not get it. They both have been wearing masks indoors and out and does not know where he got it from. They are both wearing masks at home to be “100% sure” Jen will not get it even though both are negative now.
Both are negative now? Could have been a false positive?

Chip Chipperson

Both are negative now? Could have been a false positive?

No false positive. He had no sense of smell or taste and mild body aches. They said he got a PCR test done to confirm. At-home tests seemed to show fai ter and fainter positive results until he finally tested negative after 5 days, which is also when he got his sense of smell back.

cjack300zx

No false positive. He had no sense of smell or taste and mild body aches. They said he got a PCR test done to confirm. At-home tests seemed to show fai ter and fainter positive results until he finally tested negative after 5 days, which is also when he got his sense of smell back.
Yeah I just watched their vlog.

cjack300zx

Also makes you wonder there are lot more vlogger's who are not nearly as cautious as him but he still got it

BrianLo

Take it up with the first amendment and the EOEA

I think he is Canadian. There are no exemptions for Medical or religious in BC for example.

I literally have no idea of the legality as it pertains to the states though. It's earnestly not my field.

As an aside, knowing the actual medical exemptions I'm not even sure if there are more than triple digit number of people who would qualify in North America to be exempted from both doses. I think a case was made if you are that medically rare you are being protected by not participating in non-essential activities.

Some of the provincial licensing bodies have gone far enough to say there actually aren't medical exemptions.

BrianLo

In some positive news for the Debbie downers. BC, Ontario, Quebec* - all more highly vaccinated provinces are already starting their 4th wave decline and they really registered as very mild to begin with. The best performing state had at least double the case rates adjusted for population.

70% total, plus some mild mitigations seems to be getting close!

*Other provinces did better, but they are too small population wise to call it a fair comparison.

StarWarsGirl

I literally have no idea of the legality as it pertains to the states though. It's earnestly not my field.
Religion is a protected class, so employers can't discriminate against someone because of their religious background. Employers have to make accomodations. I posted earlier that accomodation could be unpaid leave, and an employee doesn't have to like the accomodations, but it's a protected class, and any employer that tries to challenge here opens themselves up to a lawsuit.
As an aside, knowing the actual medical exemptions I'm not even sure if there are more than triple digit number of people who would qualify in North America to be exempted from both doses. I think a case was made if you are that medically rare you are being protected by not participating in non-essential activities.

Some of the provincial licensing bodies have gone far enough to say there actually aren't medical exemptions.
Those people obviously haven't tried to get a shot when they've had a previous allergic reaction to a vaccine. I have, and it's no picnic. The only good thing about this shot is that there's three different ones available. I can't medically get J&J or Pfizer; I had to get Moderna.

Maybe not for this shot, but there are definitely medical reasons for other vaccines why you shouldn't get it. For instance, there are vaccines I will never ever be able to get because there's too much of a risk of an allergic reaction (I actually had a medical exemption for a couple of shots in college, and if I do get vaccines, I absolutely cannot get more than one at a time). It comes across as very presumptuous to say "Oh there's absolutely no medical reasons not to get it". And I'm very, very pro vaccine.

BrianLo

Religion is a protected class, so employers can't discriminate against someone because of their religious background. Employers have to make accomodations. I posted earlier that accomodation could be unpaid leave, and an employee doesn't have to like the accomodations, but it's a protected class, and any employer that tries to challenge here opens themselves up to a lawsuit.

Those people obviously haven't tried to get a shot when they've had a previous allergic reaction to a vaccine. I have, and it's no picnic. The only good thing about this shot is that there's three different ones available. I can't medically get J&J or Pfizer; I had to get Moderna.

Maybe not for this shot, but there are definitely medical reasons for other vaccines why you shouldn't get it. For instance, there are vaccines I will never ever be able to get because there's too much of a risk of an allergic reaction (I actually had a medical exemption for a couple of shots in college, and if I do get vaccines, I absolutely cannot get more than one at a time). It comes across as very presumptuous to say "Oh there's absolutely no medical reasons not to get it". And I'm very, very pro vaccine.

Yes, I'm not minimizing others experiences. Nor saying it's not difficult or scary. You were able to get the vaccine though, keep in mind. The key IS that there are multiple options, I agree

But these are the only currently accepted contraindications; 'History of an anaphylactic reaction to components of both mRNA and adenovirus vector vaccine (i.e., polyethylene glycol and polysorbate 80)'. That's it.

Neither are substances that people generally have anaphylaxis to. Hence my estimate there might be only 100's of true qualifications, for the first dose at least

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Being a religious belief does not mean it has to be allowed. There are limits. That governments do not have to provide religious exceptions for vaccines would suggest businesses don’t have to as well. As the article noted, Los Angeles Unified School District does not allow religious exemptions for students who also have First Amendment rights.

StarWarsGirl

You were able to get the vaccine though, keep in mind
Not really. I ignored all the advice of my doctors and took a huge risk to get the vaccine because I wanted to travel again and stop living like a hermit, and thankfully nothing bad happened. And although unlikely, I could still have a reaction to the second shot. Others might not be willing to take that same risk.

I think I made the point a few pages back that there's such little effort being put into vaccinating people who've had allergic reactions to vaccines in the past, and it's incredibly frustrating.

There might also be other medical reasons. Some cancer patients, for instance, might be advised to wait on their shots until they're through with chemo because of how badly it messes up their immune system; they probably will have a low response to the vaccine. Again, I just think it's very presumptuous to assume no one would have medical reasons for not getting vaccinated, who cares about how small that number might be.

correcaminos

Yes, I'm not minimizing others experiences. Nor saying it's not difficult or scary. You were able to get the vaccine though, keep in mind.

But these are the only currently accepted contraindications; 'History of an anaphylactic reaction to components of both mRNA and adenovirus vector vaccine (i.e., polyethylene glycol and polysorbate 80)'. That's it.

Neither are substances that people generally have anaphylaxis to. Hence my estimate there might be only 100's of true qualifications, for the first dose at least.
There are times when vaccination as a whole is advised during some medical issues. I know of a few who had to wait on legit advisement of doctors. Some may be temporary. My MIL had to work 3rd shots around treatments. For some who have a history of reactions they need specific locations to do it.

100-999 is super low.... like insanely. I bet there are more than that.

As for religious exceptions I haven't seen legit ones outside of no meds at all people. I stated my church will refuse because the pope promotes all to be vaccinated. Even my uber Christian friends cite other objections and not religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom