Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianLo

After factoring for age, people not vaccinated are 35.7 times more likely to be hospitalized than those fully vaccinated.

I really wonder and think the dosage spacing helped us out (i.e. months in between doses).

We're seeing way better efficacy than a lot of other countries.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So we are now 18 months into this event and the CDC has done no research into the longevity of natural immunity?

As to.skill certificate, both certificate of vaccinated and.natural immunity come from governmental health entities, if not the same county Department of Health
The only studies I’ve seen from the CDC showed levels of anti-bodies up to a year after infection but the level of anti-bodies and t-cells varied and generally decreased the less severe the infection was. So people hospitalized with Covid had more and longer lasting anti-bodies than those who had mild covid. There is no good way of knowing if that has any impact on future infections. The people with severe covid infection had anti-body and T cell levels approaching the level of vaccinated people. That study was a while back but I’m sure there are more being done. If you are asking if there is definitive proof that natural infection is equal to vaccination I haven’t seen anyone saying that.

CJR

Just my opinion, but natural immunity should be a valid exemption if a person can get their personal medical physician to sign off on it following a physical examination. IMO, that's the only way to allow it.

Create a form, and have the doctor fill it out. Then, have employees who wish this turn it into their HR department. Otherwise, they can get the vaccine or look into medical or religious exemptions, which should also require some sort of paperwork.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just my opinion, but natural immunity should be a valid exemption if a person can get their personal medical physician to sign off on it following a physical examination. IMO, that's the only way to allow it.

Create a form, and have the doctor fill it out. Then, have employees who wish this turn it into their HR department. Otherwise, they can get the vaccine or look into medical or religious exemptions, which should also require some sort of paperwork.
That would be a hard no for me. The compromise would be to show proof of a positive covid test at a minimum and the company would have to work out the details on how many months back to go. 90 days seems to be the standard. Opening the door for doctor‘s notes is a bad idea in this charged political climate. Ripe for abuse from people who are passionate about this issue.

StarWarsGirl

Fyi for any parents of kids 12 and under...

I'm going to a concert next week and I won't have both shots by then (I get my second one the next day) so the venue is requiring a Covid test. I figured I'd get the Bianax Now one.

They're basically impossible to find. I mean, it was ridiculous. I ended up ordering one from CVS and one from Sam's Club, so I'll have them in case I need them in the future but I have backups in case one doesn't ship. Walgreens and Walmart didn't have them at all, and I had to have CVS ship it; you couldn't get it in stores.

Anyway, just putting that out there. If you can find them, they're like $23 for a two pack and they give you rapid results for concert entry and travel, so if you see them, just go ahead and pick them up.

Virtual Toad

From an Orlando Sentinel reporter -

A few dozen people out of tens of thousands of WDW CMs is so small of a percentage that it is incredibly, overwhelmingly and undeniably statistically insignificant. Even if it were a couple of hundred people it would only reflect a tiny angry minority. Yet some will try to spin this as a full-fledged revolt against the vaccine.

And “don’t trust the vaccine in its current form?” Sorry, that ship has sailed. The CMs and others protesting are entitled to demonstrate and express their opinion. But it is in no way reflective of the greater CM community and does not amount to any sort of equivalent counter argument that needs to be seriously considered.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The 14-day rolling positivity rate for Orange County via Mayor Demings is 12.32%.

Here is the current vaccination status for Orange County -

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 3.34.17 PM.png

Demings says Orange County has had under 1k new daily cases for 13 days in a row.

sullyinMT

I think the 2-16 vote is a pretty clear message that nobody who isn't identified as immunocompromised or at extremely high risk from COVID-19 should be rushing out to get a 3rd dose. This isn't something by a couple of anti-vaxxers. This is the overwhelming majority of an FDA committee.
It’s also a pretty sound message that the panel is acting independently, not at the whim of the WH or “big pharma” (Pfizer/BioNTech, in this case).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It’s also a pretty sound message that the panel is acting independently, not at the whim of the WH or “big pharma” (Pfizer/BioNTech, in this case).
It is interesting how the same panel that approved the vaccine in the first place and was attacked by the vaccine resistance is being applauded for this vote and being celebrated as “following the science”. In case anyone is wondering the same panel would have voted 0-18 for using horse and cow de-wormer to treat covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom