Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heelz2315

IFor FL the 7 day moving average dropped below 17K for the first time since July right around when WDW added back indoor masks. I don’t know what the plans are or if the case numbers stay trending down, but a mask free 50th is possible. I am sure that’s both exciting and frightening depending on who you ask 😷😷😷

Not indoor masks. No way the positivity rate gets that low that quick for that long. I also don't know if the cases/rates will drop to pre-delta levels before Spring. I am hopeful but don't think it'll happen.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Wonder what the posit

Not indoor masks. No way the positivity rate gets that low that quick for that long. I also don't know if the cases/rates will drop to pre-delta levels before Spring. I am hopeful but don't think it'll happen.
I'm afraid the new strain will show up to evade vaccines next year as we'll go back to square one. I just don't want this happen soon next year. Is really gonna happen or not?

SamusAranX

So I was positive on the ITG antibody test; for the more science / medical minded people here. Is it more likely I had asymptomatic covid the past six months (haven’t felt sick at all) or from my first/second vaccination dose in April and may?

philly97flyer

I am vacinated, I wear a mask, don’t eat indoors, and practice social distancing. It’s not difficult.
You’re not the target audience for that comment. I’m talking about people who are resistent towards the vaccine, or at best, on the fence about it. Incentivizing taking the vaccine can go a long way with some people.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Yes I do. At least until my kids are fully vaxxed and their risk of contracting Covid and having serious side effects seems to have passed. It really isnt a challenge. The best way I have heard it described is that when you are vaccinated and Cove it is spreading as rapidly as it is right now, then you should know that your risk is low enough to go on and live your life high enough to take reasonable precautions. To me wearing a mask and eating outside our reasonable precautions. The definition of reasonable is going to be different for everyone but I think it is clear at this point the number one thing we all need to do is get vaccinated. If the spread slows down then, and many others, will find it reasonable to engage in more and more activities, just like we were in June. If it picks back up it is spreading like wildfire again we will return to you more caution. It may Evan flow for a bit and that is just the way we are going to have to live. If you do not want to live that way you do not have to. I don’t really think it’s worth getting worked up about other people choosing to avoid more high-risk situations even if they are vaccinated when Covid is spreading as rapidly as it is
To answer his question, no, society cannot continue in this manner for years and decades. It’s just not sustainable. I understand these may be things for now. But that isn’t what he asked.

correcaminos

So I was positive on the ITG antibody test; for the more science / medical minded people here i. Is it more likely I had asymptomatic covid the past six months (haven’t felt sick at all) or from my first/second vaccination dose in April and may?
Vaccine for sure if talking the IgG antibody test

91JLovesDisney

The typical symptoms from the vaccine (not counting the very rare, more severe reactions) aren't nearly bad enough for hospitalization. Ibuprofen and rest does it for most people.
Well neither are typical COVID symptons.

Perhaps not direct COVID symptons, but even the CDC admits side effects can include: tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, fever, nausea.

On a different note, I'd like to point out that on that same article, I quote,
  • Millions of people have received COVID-19 vaccines, and no long-term side effects have been detected.

• Between mid-December 2020 and April 23, 2021, at which point between 95 million and 100 million Americans had received their COVID-19 shots, there were 3,544 reported deaths following COVID vaccination, or about 30 per day
I guess 'long term side effects' doesn't encompass mortalities.

Vaughn4380

• Between mid-December 2020 and April 23, 2021, at which point between 95 million and 100 million Americans had received their COVID-19 shots, there were 3,544 reported deaths following COVID vaccination, or about 30 per day

But they didn't die from COVID! Imagine how much worse it could have been for them.

lazyboy97o

Perhaps not direct COVID symptons, but even the CDC admits side effects can include: tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, fever, nausea.

• Millions of people have received COVID-19 vaccines, and no long-term side effects have been detected.

Correlation is not causation. If I get vaccinated and then hit by a bus, I wasn’t hit by the bus because I was vaccinated. There have not been thousands of deaths caused by the vaccines. Just like hospitals aren’t full of people with vaccine side effects or broken legs who just happen to test positive.

sullyinMT

Shirley, you can't be serious. In my county hospitals, we're treating 89 COVID patients. 4 are vaccinated. 33 are in the ICU and 14 of those are intubated. All 33 (and therefore 14) severe cases are unvaccinated individuals. Vaccine side effects, which can admittedly suck for some, are treatable from home and your list of tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, fever, and nausea are all better than being prone on an oscillating vent. They're even better than being on a general telemetry type floor with a nasal cannula, but unable to complete a sentence without stopping to catch your breath.

I do know of one person who was hospitalized for observation following their second dose. Poor IM injection technique, or getting complacent, and the pharmacy tech probably hit vasculature and initiated a syncopal episode. Guy did fine, but was understandably shaken. He's still grateful, and his son is still scheduled for his second dose next week. Because they'd rather not be among those 85 unvaccinated and hospitalized, scared to death of what's next.

correcaminos

My friend died of a type of cancer after being vaccinated. She'd be on the list. The cancer killed her. It's incredibly dangerous to act like they are related. I have another loved one in hospice care for their cancer. Vaccinated. People sadly die all the time.

Edit: read the "article" these people are using VAERS incorrectly. It's not a site to create causation. One can have something happen that is 100% not related to the vaccine and it will be om there. About a month after a friend's kid was vaccinated they had a seizure. Caused by dehydration and low blood sugar. They could be on that site even though not related at all.

Last edited:

DisneyCane

No, for the 10,000th time, it REDUCES your ability to spread. Preventing the spread of disease is not, nor has it ever been, and "all or nothing" calculation.
Ok. On the flip side the data is clear as day that if you are fully vaccinated per current guidance for doses, it reduces your chance of having a severe COVID illness to nearly zero. According to the CDC data through Friday, 2,650 people out of 173 million "fully vaccinated" have ended up in the hospital due to COVID to date. That's in the middle of a huge spike in some states. That's 0.0015% who are fully vaccinated that have ended up in the hospital.

Therefore, from the standpoint of being protected from a concerning illness, it statistically does not matter to a vaccinated person if somebody else is unvaccinated.

DisneyCane

Shirley, you can't be serious. In my county hospitals, we're treating 89 COVID patients. 4 are vaccinated. 33 are in the ICU and 14 of those are intubated. All 33 (and therefore 14) severe cases are unvaccinated individuals. Vaccine side effects, which can admittedly suck for some, are treatable from home and your list of tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, fever, and nausea are all better than being prone on an oscillating vent. They're even better than being on a general telemetry type floor with a nasal cannula, but unable to complete a sentence without stopping to catch your breath.

I do know of one person who was hospitalized for observation following their second dose. Poor IM injection technique, or getting complacent, and the pharmacy tech probably hit vasculature and initiated a syncopal episode. Guy did fine, but was understandably shaken. He's still grateful, and his son is still scheduled for his second dose next week. Because they'd rather not be among those 85 unvaccinated and hospitalized, scared to death of what's next.
It's obviously very rare to have a breakthrough hospitalization but I personally know of several and almost all were J&J. Could be coincidence as it is just anecdotal info.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Am I the first to bring up that some hospitals (In the US at least) have been stating that a patient isn't fully vaccinated until 14 days after the second shot? No big deal, right?

Well if a patient comes in less than 14 days after the second dose with COVID symptoms (which the vax actually gave them), they're added to the number of hospitalized COVID patients. 🤡

14 days after the last dose has always been the accepted standard for being fully vaccinated.

correcaminos

It's obviously very rare to have a breakthrough hospitalization but I personally know of several and almost all were J&J. Could be coincidence as it is just anecdotal info.
I know of one elderly (in their 80s) who had Moderna and was hospitalized for monoclonal treatment and abundance of caution. I'd imagine most skew to older or those with weakened immune systems for all vaccines based on what hospital worker loved ones say. I do know, through a friend who shares their updates, a younger person with J&J who had severe covid to the point where they are now in a special study following them. All anecdotal here.

Last edited by a moderator:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

On average 7600 people die in the US every day from all causes. With 100's of thousands of doses a day being administered, it's not surprising that those two statistics will line up occasionally.

Last edited:

sullyinMT

Oh, I won’t be a fool and deny that some vaccinated individuals can suffer the worst of the virus. If we had more people vaccinated, though, herd protection would be very real and it would be exponentially more rare than today.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Unfortunately they are probably correct. It's basically going to turn into a situation where, like the flu, there is a shot you can take yearly that protects you from severe illness for the most part. Time to move on from mitigation, especially once 5-11 can be vaccinated, because it is pretty pointless.

The USA may reach a period of very low spread after enough are vaccinated combined with those naturally infected. Then, one year there will be a new strain which evades previous immunity and we'll be back to square one again until people get vaccine shots designed to target the new strain.
^ I don't want this new strain to be happen next year as possible. I don't want it to be happen. Is new strain really gonna happen which evades previous immunity and we'll be back to square one again until people get vaccine shots designed to target the new strain is really gonna happen or not for years as the pandemic will be more longer for many years? I'm scared about this really gonna happen or not. By the way, is boosters will gonna stop new strains for every year? I don't want mask mandate to be longer for years. I don't want new strain to be happen soon next year or years. @DisneyCane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom