Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Just shut up and mask up - do it with the kids until the vaccine-holes are more vaccinated.
Nah. I’m vaccinated. I will mask to get into a place of business if required. I’m a rule follower typically. My elementary school kid doesn’t have to mask anymore at school thank goodness. And my 3 year old has been in preschool without a mask during most of the pandemic. I know. Such a horrible parent.

JoeCamel

I wonder how people that say masks do no good in any setting kids or whatever can square that with covid is transmitted by aerosolized particles exhaled or expelled from the oral and nasal cavities of an infected person and a piece of cloth over those cavities will catch some of the slime? If they work some they are worth it, a very small ask to stop this crap. Any is better than none and not a great burden to do. And please stop the crap

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I wonder how people that say masks do no good in any setting kids or whatever can square that with covid is transmitted by aerosolized particles exhaled or expelled from the oral and nasal cavities from an infected person and a piece of cloth over those cavities will catch some of the slime? If they work some they are worth it, a very small ask to stop this crap. Any is better than none and not a great burden to do. And please stop the crap
For kids or adults, I fail to see the harm that is being done. I understand the idea of masks making some over confident and thus encouraging them to engage in risky behavior, but that’s not what we’re really discussing. If masks offer some level of protection and are worn, then that is a positive. If they are completely useless, and not just less effective, in whatever scenario then what was the harm done?

Animaniac93-98

Not sure if you spelled that last word correctly.

everybody-cartoon.gif

Chi84

Premium Member
For kids or adults, I fail to see the harm that is being done. I understand the idea of masks making some over confident and thus encouraging them to engage in risky behavior, but that’s not what we’re really discussing. If masks offer some level of protection and are worn, then that is a positive. If they are completely useless, and not just less effective, in whatever scenario then what was the harm done?
You don’t see any negative impact from making kids wear masks in school all day even if they are completely useless? (I’m not saying they are, just trying to clarify.)

Chomama

You don’t see any negative impact from making kids wear masks in school all day even if they are completely useless? (I’m not saying they are, just trying to clarify.)
Not really! Again, we all have our own unique experiences but I have 4 kids and 3 different schools. None of the schools have had issues with mask compliance and I haven’t heard kiddo complain about it. I hear way more complaints from adults than kids. They seem fine to me

SammyMF

I thought the argument was that kids (at least a whole lot of them) aren’t wearing the masks correctly - not that the masks aren’t good enough. Maybe I’m misinterpreting, but I don’t remember seeing anyone say the masks aren’t good enough if worn as intended.
Thats what the study pointed to. Cloth masks arent good enough, even when fitted properly (optimal conditions as it were), compared to others if the goal is to prevent most water droplets from being exhaled into the air by sick people. Its data shows that cloth masks are far from perfect but do work reasonably well when worn properly and fit correctly for typical settings. But not well enough for hospital settings and their requirements.

People that wear N95's in hospital settings have to go through training to ensure it is used properly. For kids, its 'here wear this'. It would be unfair to both proclaim and expect miracles. Nor would it be fair to say that cloth masks are simply useless.

correcaminos

Nah. I’m vaccinated. I will mask to get into a place of business if required. I’m a rule follower typically. My elementary school kid doesn’t have to mask anymore at school thank goodness. And my 3 year old has been in preschool without a mask during most of the pandemic. I know. Such a horrible parent.
For the record I never said you weren't vaccinated. What you do as a parent is your own thing. What I do as one is mine. Neither of us really wants kids masked but what we have to do is different. I have a vaccinated kid in a large public middle school where 1/3 is automatically not eligible to vaccinate. Ages are different. School is vastly different. We do as told and not be maskholes though. That's all I can do. Watching parents boo medical advisory people just to unmask kids in school is stuff I've seen. If a medical advisory board says they see the good, I won't fight it. Truthfully this argument should be long dead, but alas years later people will be fighting I think.

Polkadotdress

Just stumbled upon an article that lists 49 different studies, regarding types of face masks, masks for children, etc. It’s a treasure trove of info!

Of note, the list also includes a section of “disbunked studies” and why they are invalid, including one about CO2 effects on children when masked.

Mic drop!

Angel Ariel

Are you telling me that if a student was identified as a close contact through contact tracing, they were sent home to quarantine and school for them stopped entirely for two weeks?
Our district has said that any individual student that needs to quarantine will need to stay home and will only have access to asynchronous work (so, basically homework) during that entire time.

they’ve also indicated that special education services will not be offered virtually during that time either (OT, PT, Speech, despite those services being available virtually all last year), not do they intend to make up the service hours missed. It’ll be treated like a bug where a kid misses 2 days of school - they have no responsibility to provide or make up those hours.

will it be found legal? Who knows. They’re banking on no one suing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom