Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Err no... I know people that got Covid-19 in early 2020, they recovered fine. This is a serious illness but this here needless fearmongering borderline trolling. :rolleyes:
All cases matter though. I know people who were super mild. Some asymptomatic. Some died. Some long haulers. Some hospitalized. Not everything is one end or the other.

DisneyCane

Here is the weekly report from the Florida DOH (data published 5:21pm).

The number of new deaths reported from last report to this report is 616.

View attachment 577858View attachment 577859View attachment 577860View attachment 577861

Here is data specifically for Orange County -

View attachment 577862View attachment 577863
It seems to me that there is a HUGE issue with people not getting the second shot of the two dose vaccines. Based upon the weekly first dose numbers, there is no way there should be almost 2 million people in the "one but not two" dose category. Maybe the media should focus on this issue which should be solvable. 63% of eligible residents with at least one dose isn't terrible and it went up 2% this past week but all of those people with ONLY one dose are a problem.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
According to WFTV, Orange County Public Schools have changed course and have sent e-mails to parents saying that OCPS will be requiring students wear face coverings for the next 30 days, unless the parents specifically opt their child out.

Orange County schools start Monday.

Wonder if that is their way of skirting the law.

DonniePeverley

You due have some that want the rates to go down and life returning to normality by everyone else getting the vaccine - NOT THEM, whilst they live of the benefits.

The last few days rate increase should come as shock to everyone.

BrianLo

The numbers out of Florida are quite shocking. I have to say I expected more repercussions in the Spring from lack of vaccination, but when that really didn't materialize, I thought maybe we were out of the woods.

The options frankly at this point are to get the vaccine or eventually get COVID. Best to choose something on your own terms than roll the dice. Which doesn't help those who actually can't make the choice.

I really don't think anywhere in the world is going to be able to get this under control until kids can get vaccinated.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
The numbers out of Florida are quite shocking. I have to say I expected more repercussions in the Spring from lack of vaccination, but when that really didn't materialize, I thought maybe we were out of the woods.

The options frankly at this point are to get the vaccine or eventually get COVID. Best to choose something on your own terms than roll the dice. Which doesn't help those who actually can't make the choice.

I really don't think anywhere in the world is going to be able to get this under control until kids can get vaccinated.
Most likely between next month or October/November that is FDA will approval vaccines for kids as we will get under control before end of the year.:cool:

JoeCamel

Time to face it, FDA approval for kids will be early next year and it will take time to get shots in their arms. All this will end eventually but not on a timeline any of us would want. Lower numbers by the end of the year but full control so mitigation measures are totally gone? I doubt that will happen.
Most likely between next month or October/November that is FDA will approval vaccines for kids as we will get under control before end of the yea

correcaminos

Time to face it, FDA approval for kids will be early next year and it will take time to get shots in their arms. All this will end eventually but not on a timeline any of us would want. Lower numbers by the end of the year but full control so mitigation measures are totally gone? I doubt that will happen.
Pfizer said in a statement to NBC News it anticipates results on its clinical trials in kids ages 5 to 11 sometime in September, and then could apply for emergency use authorization. "Data for kids 2 and under 5 could arrive soon after that," the company said, adding that results on kids ages 6 months up to 2 years may not be released until October or November.

so likely later fall for the 5-11 and later for the rest

GoofGoof

Premium Member
How long NJ Transit and Amtrak will lift masks for good soon for trains before end of the year? @GoofGoof
Well…about that Federal transportation mask requirement that expires in September….I’m going to go out on a limb and say that will get extended 😷. No clue if its until the end of the year, but there’s a good chance it is at least that long.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Well…about that Federal transportation mask requirement that expires in September….I’m going to go out on a limb and say that will get extended 😷. No clue if its until the end of the year, but there’s a good chance it is at least that long.
I think federal transportation mask requirement will may expires in September as by if unvaccinated people will getting vaccinated I say that is the Northeast states such as NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, DC, etc will expire mask requirement for trains and buses by September or October because there was high vaccination areas. @GoofGoof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom