Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolina_yankee

You don't think that Cape Cod weekend was a microcosm of daily life for most people?

Haha. Not from the details I've read online.

If the Virus needs conditions like Cape Cod to spread rapidly, then apparently a lot of people in Florida and Lousisiana went to Cape Cod. Otherwise, I'm thinking the rather intimate activities at certain parties aren't the only way this thing spreads. Maybe time to take the focus off of Cape Cod?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
US one week trend. Florida seems to be the outlier right now out of the big states. Others seems to be turning a corner possibly but not Florida yet. Kinda confusing. What is occurring in Florida as opposed to somewhere like Texas or other states with similar mitigation (or lack of)? No one is increasing like them.

1.jpg

DonniePeverley

Looking at the current trends, I wouldn't touch Florida right now if you paid me -- it really has gotten bad.

Have to agree.

Who on earth would want to wait in a tight indoor line like Flight Of Passage for a few hours? No one monitoring masks, most people with masks under their chins because it's too hot.

Forget about it.

LaughingGravy

I understand a lot of these comments about making life hard for people come from a place of fear, but I pray you guys don't let your hearts get to dark, cause it's going that way.
When one has known people who have died of this and others who are sick long term, the fact that this is going on much longer than necessary due to the true selfishness, stubbornness and stupidity by some as well as head in the sand and lack of will by those elected to do good for the general population who actually have the power to take drastic action by passing appropriate laws during a pandemic very few alive have experienced, it has a tendency to put one in a dark place. It's not fear. At this point it's anger.

DisneyCane

If the Virus needs conditions like Cape Cod to spread rapidly, then apparently a lot of people in Florida and Lousisiana went to Cape Cod. Otherwise, I'm thinking the rather intimate activities at certain parties aren't the only way this thing spreads. Maybe time to take the focus off of Cape Cod?
The focus is on Cape Cod because it was used by the CDC to determine that there a a large risk of fully vaccinated people spreading the Delta variant to other fully vaccinated people. The spread in FL (at least based on information from Orange County) is over 96% being spread to unvaccinated people.

Conditions like whatever activities were going on at the Cape Cod gathering might be necessary for Delta to spread so efficiently between fully vaccinated people. As I said in an earlier post, they also need to investigate things like were these people taking medications that they had in common or illegal substances which may have reduced vaccine efficacy.

The CDC said that they changed guidance to "fully vaccinated should wear masks indoors" based on a study in India where people are vaccinated by a different vaccine and the Cape Cod cluster. I think it's time to focus more on Cape Cod, not less.

correcaminos

I definitely agree you should talk to your doctor, but no harm in having a discussion here also, it is a discussion board after all.
No harm, but I suppose I don't see the problem with the post. There are reasons to talk with your doctor. As a huge proponent of the vaccine since day 1 it was available to all, I did always say "Have concerns, talk with your doctor" But that's just me on it :)

correcaminos

When one has known people who have died of this and others who are sick long term, the fact that this is going on much longer than necessary due to the true selfishness, stubbornness and stupidity by some as well as head in the sand and lack of will by those elected to do good for the general population who actually have the power to take drastic action by passing appropriate laws during a pandemic very few alive have experienced, it has a tendency to put one in a dark place. It's not fear. At this point it's anger.
Anger is understandable. Frustration. Helplessness. All normal. Like many things, going too far one way isn't great though. I've been called a downer more than once, and also here only people accusing me of not caring about others because I wasn't being totally pessimistic (which amuses me more than the former). If it brings you too low and too dark, that's not good nor healthy either.

LaughingGravy

The focus is on Cape Cod because it was used by the CDC to determine that there a a large risk of fully vaccinated people spreading the Delta variant to other fully vaccinated people. The spread in FL (at least based on information from Orange County) is over 96% being spread to unvaccinated people.

Conditions like whatever activities were going on at the Cape Cod gathering might be necessary for Delta to spread so efficiently between fully vaccinated people. As I said in an earlier post, they also need to investigate things like were these people taking medications that they had in common or illegal substances which may have reduced vaccine efficacy.

The CDC said that they changed guidance to "fully vaccinated should wear masks indoors" based on a study in India where people are vaccinated by a different vaccine and the Cape Cod cluster. I think it's time to focus more on Cape Cod, not less.
There are so many variables, it's really difficult to pinpoint, short of complete isolation and complete reporting of a population of significant size.
The best example seems to be the general description of "vaccinated". Not all are vaccinated with the same products, though the efficacy numbers for each of J&J, Pfizer and Moderna were published right at the outset with what was available information at the time. We're all being lumped into that group, though not all are equal.
Mask usage, quality of masks, hand washing ( 10 seconds. 20, 30? Soap? I've seen those who splash their hands and walk out as well as worse), distancing, someone coughing, etc. are all factors that are not being taken into account because of the complexity of gathering that data. How many of those infected by Delta now were ever infected with Alpha?
I'm vaccinated, but to date, I was never tested for Covid. I kept low, still not sick at all with anything since before the beginning of 2019, yet I may have caught it and gotten through it with absolutely no effects other than unknowingly passing it to someone in the supermarket pre-March of 2019.

Focusing on Cape Cod is not bad per say, it's just on the more convenient side.
People like simple answers to what is not a simple problem.

I bet some of you have had a contractor in mind to do something and you ask how much something will be.
"It depends."

DonniePeverley

Who remembers posters a few weeks back claiming Delta was not going to hit the USA like it did the UK ?

Florida is now an embarassment.

correcaminos

Scary. Unless the hospital is a pediatric referral center, the number of kids admitted to a medium-to-large hospital that takes children should be 0-3 on any given day (maybe a little higher during RSV season, which we are currently not in).
though interestingly RSV is bigger than usual for this time of year here. One of my friends had 2 kids sick at the same time with it.

aliceismad

Bob Harlem

Theme parks are generally in the southern side (South plant is near where Epic Universe is being built). East side is notable for UCF. NW Is Maitland/Apopka.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom