Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disstevefan1

I have no faith in what WDW is doing to “limit” capacity. They never publish any actual numbers, it’s always kept to them selves. I just looked today, all three categories are the same. All parks are still available Saturday and today is Wednesday. Limit my @ss
DBCDE3E4-041F-42C9-9EE6-8C9D46B54A97.jpeg

ImperfectPixie

in most cases nope. Ya get the ax....Why should they have to be accommodated. (UNLESS its a legit reason, but thats so rare)
My bestie has been WFH since March of last year...she can't be vaccinated for medical reasons. Her boss isn't pushing her and fully supports her staying home.

ETA: She is not a happy camper. She's very social and being at home this long is taking it's toll.

disneygeek90

I have no faith in what WDW is doing to “limit” capacity. They never publish any actual numbers, it’s always kept to them selves. I just looked today, all three categories are the same. All parks are still available Saturday and today is Wednesday. Limit my @ss
View attachment 575276
Who said anything about limiting capacity? All I've heard people speculating is if masks indoors is coming back.

The reservations are certainly more reduced than 100% capacity, but it does feel pretty much normal these days.

maui2k7

Who said anything about limiting capacity? I'll I've heard people speculating is if masks indoors is coming back.

The reservations are certainly more reduced than 100% capacity, but it does feel pretty much normal these days.
Limiting guests means limiting revenue and I doubt at this time Disney has any desire to limit guests which equal 💲 💲 💲

mmascari

That would be nice but I'd guess that would make people less likely to get the vaccine so they can stay wfh 😆
How about this plan. If you're vaccinated you can work from home.
If you're unvaccinated you HAVE to work in the office.

It's a carrot and a stick at the same time. Should solve all the issues relatively quickly too. But not in a good way, at least for the unvaccinated.

TXRob

There isn’t typically 100K visitors in the MK at the same time, especially in the Summer when some people go early and/or avoid the middle of the day. Do you consider casually passing by someone outdoors as a close contact? The CDC doesn‘t, they haven’t changed any guidance on outdoor mitigations. Outdoors is sill considered low spread. On indoor contact it’s all relative to how many rides a day people do and how many shops and restaurants they go into. In DHS or AK it’s likely the average guest does 10 or less indoor attractions a day. MK might be double that. How close do you have to come to be considered at risk close contact? In a ride queue you probably won’t have more than a handful of people within 6 feet. Restaurants are probably the biggest risk due to the time spent in one spot. There are too many variables to accurately say. For argument‘s sake let’s say you have prolonged exposure to 100 people a day (within 6 feet and more than just passing by). It could be more it could be less depending on your touring style. My only point is it’s significantly less than 30,000 people.

As far as how many infected people are walking around I don’t think we just look at local FL infection rate. A large portion of the guest base for WDW comes from the NE where cases are low and vaccination is high. Disney also attracts a demographic that is above average in wages and there’s a clear indication that wealthier and higher educated people tend to be more likely to be vaccinated. CMs are all local, but when they brought the college program back they didn’t let kids live in the dorms with roommates unless they were vaccinated so I imagine the vast majority of those CMs are vaccinated. Again, there’s no way of knowing how many infected people are walking around and how many you come in contact with. For some people 1 potential exposure is too much risk and for others they see no issue.
Can you break down the vax rates by race please?

Kman

MASSIVELY disappointing. Those spreading misinformation and fear mongering should be ashamed of themselves.

For us, even if the border opens up, we may still end up canceling our planned trip in November. We're not making any moves right now and will wait and see how things shake out this fall but based on how things are right now it doesn't look terribly promising. We're disappointed it is going as poorly as it is but hopefully reason prevails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom