Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehPuddingMan

Not clear, but would assume just the daily reports?

"Gov. Ron DeSantis' press secretary Christina Pushaw told The News Service of Florida on Friday that there is no need to keep issuing the daily reports.

โ€œCOVID-19 cases have significantly decreased over the past year as we have a less than 5% positivity rate, and our state is returning to normal, with vaccines widely available throughout Florida,โ€ Pushaw said in an email.

As of Friday afternoon, Pushaw had not yet responded to a follow-up question on when the last daily report will come out."

It was previously announced that the reports would be weekly. This may have changed though. I wouldnโ€™t be surprised if they were totally gone.

Chip Chipperson

Cause it is over. If you go by the little rules still in place its over. ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰.

"Over" from a rules standpoint isn't the same as "it's over - and oh, by the way, the public doesn't need to worry about pesky things like knowing how many cases, hospitalizations, and deaths there are anymore." A weekly report is one thing. No reports at all? Sounds a bit like someone is claiming victory before the fight is truly over.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
"Over" from a rules standpoint isn't the same as "it's over - and oh, by the way, the public doesn't need to worry about pesky things like knowing how many cases, hospitalizations, and deaths there are anymore." A weekly report is one thing. No reports at all? Sounds a bit like someone is claiming victory before the fight is truly over.
He pretty much claimed victory back in September and has been claiming it ever since despite raging cases, hospitalizations and deaths all Winter long. More than twice as many people have died from Covid in FL since declaring victory in Sept 2020 than died before September. Everyone has their own definition of victory I guess ๐Ÿค”

A weekly report seems fine to me. Itโ€™s going that way in a lot of other places too.

seascape

"Gov. Ron DeSantis' press secretary Christina Pushaw told The News Service of Florida on Friday that there is no need to keep issuing the daily reports.

โ€œCOVID-19 cases have significantly decreased over the past year as we have a less than 5% positivity rate, and our state is returning to normal, with vaccines widely available throughout Florida,โ€ Pushaw said in an email.

As of Friday afternoon, Pushaw had not yet responded to a follow-up question on when the last daily report will come out."

I hate the idea of stopping the daily numbers now. It would be one thing if Vermont, which is down to one case per 100,000 went to 1 to 3 times a week but Florida is still at 8 cases per 100,000 and above the national average. This is clearly a mistake and must be corrected.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Universal Orlando side of the site that can't be named is reporting that UO TMs in outdoor positions will reportedly no longer be required to wear masks starting tomorrow (still required for indoor TMs).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Lost in the shuffle of todayโ€™s language update for WDW is the notion that they are tipping their hand at more outdoor shows coming back. The language distinguished indoor vs outdoor shows but the only outdoor show right now is the bird thing at AK. I doubt they bothered to make an update for just that show. More outdoor shows coming back any time now ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ

disneygeek90

Lost in the shuffle of todayโ€™s language update for WDW is the notion that they are tipping their hand at more outdoor shows coming back. The language distinguished indoor vs outdoor shows but the only outdoor show right now is the bird thing at AK. I doubt they bothered to make an update for just that show. More outdoor shows coming back any time now ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐Ÿฅณ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐Ÿ’ฅ
It may be an unpopular opinion, but bring back BatB ASAP.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It may be an unpopular opinion, but bring back BatB ASAP.
May happen this Summer. They are working on the theater but I have no idea how long that work will last. CMs would need to come back first and I would guess would need a month or so to get it ready but itโ€™s only the beginning of June. Plenty of Summer left.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I hate the idea of stopping the daily numbers now. It would be one thing if Vermont, which is down to one case per 100,000 went to 1 to 3 times a week but Florida is still at 8 cases per 100,000 and above the national average. This is clearly a mistake and must be corrected.

Daily numbers have never been particularly useful, there are just two many things that skew the data.

DisneyCane

Do they mean that the reports will be issued, just not every day? Or that there will be no more reports at all going forward because DeSantis apparently thinks it's over?

I thought I read that they will issue them weekly going forward. Also, I wonder if the raw data will be entered in real time and they just aren't issuing the PDF reports. I remember something about issuing the reports daily being a significant expense.

The daily numbers have never been particularly useful anyway since the testing fluctuates so much day to day. The hospital reports will provide insight into if there is a problem developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom