Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flugell

Well side note. At WDW and our first dining experience was bad.

For anyone who has done dining here since the reopening. Is it rush rush rush?

Never once asked if we wanted drinks. Appetizers. Dessert. Was expected to order within 5 minutes of sitting down. Food came out in about 10 minutes (probably less).

If that is their pandemic dining policy. Totally fine. Would just like to know so we can cancel our other reservations. Better off just going to epcot each night and eating at each of the small kiosk ordering places. The scallops by Canada were really good

Disney Glimpses

This is why it’s important not to rush the return to normality:

I do hope the powers that be listen to scientific advice and delay the lifting of restrictions by a few weeks.
The situation in the UK is very different from that of the United States for a myriad of reasons. Health officials are not concerned regarding this variant in the United States.

yonafunu

I do hope the powers that be listen to scientific advice and delay the lifting of restrictions by a few weeks.
You can't compare the US and UK situations.
UK is vaccinated with AZ which doesn't work so well with India variant. Then there is a lot of first shoot but not a lot of fully vaccinated, like Canada in sort of.
Also, it is inevitable that the number of case will rise after the lockdown end, because even vaccinated people can be contaminated. The best parameter to monitor is the death from now.

LittleBuford

The situation in the UK is very different from that of the United States for a myriad of reasons. Health officials are not concerned regarding this variant in the United States.
Leaving aside the fact that I was sharing the story as a Brit commenting on the situation in the UK, the idea that what’s going on elsewhere in the world has no bearing on events in the US has been disproved so many times during the pandemic that I think it’s unwise not to consider the possible implications of these latest transatlantic developments.

Disney Glimpses

Leaving aside the fact that I was sharing the story as a Brit commenting on the situation in the UK, the idea that what’s going on elsewhere in the world has no bearing on events in the US has been disproved so many times during the pandemic that I think it’s unwise not to consider the possible implications of these latest transatlantic developments.
Apologies, I misunderstood the context in which it was shared. And yes you are correct typically, but the current immunity levels in the USA are vastly different from that of the UK. Particularly in higher rate of infection over the last winter (creating much more widespread natural immunity) and widely available vaccines that are significantly more efficacious than the AZ vaccine. Additionally, the delaying of the second shot isn’t helping matters much in the UK. So while I agree, there is nothing to suggest this will happen in the United States despite previous events predicting otherwise.

SamusAranX

The article pointed out however that the number of deaths is extremely low.

that was the whole point of restrictions in the first place. Not to get rid of all cases. To prevent mass hospitalization and death and buy time for vaccination. The vaccines are effective and working even against the Indian variant to prevent death. Even if there’s a surge in cases, the metrics that matter aren’t number of cases, but deaths and serious complications. Wherever vaccines are widely available, it’s time to get back to normal for those ones [who are vaccinated]. If you’re choosing not to vaccinate then you should be subjected to the restrictions still of masking and social distancing.

LittleBuford

Apologies, I misunderstood the context in which it was shared. And yes you are correct typically, but the current immunity levels in the USA are vastly different from that of the UK. Particularly in higher rate of infection over the last winter and widely available vaccines that are significantly more efficacious than the AZ vaccine. Additionally, the delaying of the second shot isn’t helping matters much in the UK. So while I agree, there is nothing to suggest this will happen in the United States despite previous events predicting otherwise.
My concern isn’t (primarily) for those who are vaccinated, but for those who are unvaccinated. Yes, I know the dominant thinking in this thread is “Well, that’s their problem”, but I don’t much relish the idea of a more virulent strain of the virus infecting the millions of Americans who remain unprotected. And all of us suffer in the end, because the more scope the virus has to proliferate, the likelier it is that still more harmful variants will emerge.

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

My concern isn’t for those who are vaccinated, but for those who are unvaccinated. Yes, I know the dominant thinking in this thread is “Well, that’s their problem”, but I don’t much relish the idea of a more virulent strain of the virus infecting the millions of Americans who remain unprotected.
Not to mention that vaccines aren't a freaking force field...you can still become infected (yes, I'm aware you aren't likely to have significant symptoms, but the longer the virus is out there playing in a huge sandbox of unvaccinated humans, the more likely it will be to change).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
UK Covid cases. What am I missing?
EE488D35-72F0-4B05-AF76-ABE16D7EC844.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom