Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimpYancIent

Now that outdoor wearing of masks and other nuances are fading away on property. I and quite a few people I know are straining at the start line for run Disney to get in gear and unveil a new FULL schedule of live, on property, running events. Outdoors, fresh air, active healthy exercise and (hold on to your running shorts) happy healthy guests that will be spending park time (= more MONEY) post running event. Disney vs COVID19 = Disney wins.

plawren2

So you don't believe that the discovery of a new virus and the sudden influx of hospital patients because of that virus would create demand in excess of the usual supply?
I never said, my only point was that CDC changed recommendations regarding mask wearing because science informed that decision, had nothing to do with supply of masks (yea demand for masks would then quickly exceed supply)

Nickp1983

I never said, my only point was that CDC changed recommendations regarding mask wearing because science informed that decision, had nothing to do with supply of masks (yea demand for masks would then quickly exceed supply)

fgmnt

Now that outdoor wearing of masks and other nuances are fading away on property. I and quite a few people I know are straining at the start line for run Disney to get in gear and unveil a new FULL schedule of live, on property, running events. Outdoors, fresh air, active healthy exercise and (hold on to your running shorts) happy healthy guests that will be spending park time (= more MONEY) post running event. Disney vs COVID19 = Disney wins.

There are a lot of dials that I think the company wants to turn for things in 2022 but I wonder if there is any hesitance to know what do plan for without knowing if the fall and winter could see the virus re-emerge as a widespread problem.

I think it's better for them to plan on having as much of all facets of pre-March 2020 operations to return by Holiday 2021, but I don't know what they're thinking.

correcaminos

"For a number of so-called perma-maskers, the decision is informed by trauma: They endured the coronavirus or witnessed loved ones die, and they say taking off their mask makes them feel terrifyingly vulnerable."

We talk a lot about COVID long haulers...and we should.

Personally I am worried about the long term psychological effects of last year. COVID PTSD is real and so many are suffering.
Yes, and even those who did not experience it but watched loved ones suffer, the trauma is real. For some anxiety is also high and hopefully it can lessen. This was hard on many and we must respect when people are not ready yet.

It's taken me a long time to come to terms with this too. I'm grateful my kid has not been as anxious as I am and same with my husband.

Jlwise2021

This is interesting. Scott Gottlieb basically saying that in a “week or two, nobody will be wearing a mask” because the Covid case count will be so low.

Jlwise2021

I posted an article of an interview with Scott Gottlieb who said masks would be gone by June pretty much everywhere because the case count is so low and the vaccines are so good. I posted the article link a little bit ago, but it’s awaiting moderator approval. Maybe because it was through Apple News? It’s a good read though if anyone wants to look it up, and it’s from this morning.

DisneyDebRob

So I went to 5 places this morning and just make sure your mask is in your pocket or somewhere convenient.
Went to Walmart for a few outdoor plants, welcomed in with no mask. Off to Lowe’s where the mask was back on.. to Home Depot where it was needed also then to breakfast, had to wear it walking in but as most know off at the table! Lastly I went to one of my favorite pretzel places, Philly Pretzel Factory.. I know, right after breakfast but wanted one, and no sign and employees and customers maskless.
Just keep it handy for now.🙂

DCBaker

Premium Member
Current Florida vaccine report -

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 2.32.44 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 2.32.53 PM.png

fgmnt

It’s getting pretty interesting. We have talked for so long about a “return to normal” but for the first time we are really seeing good progress towards it. No matter how prepared we thought we were for changes and no matter how much we talked about how it would move fast once it started it’s still shocking to see. This Summer is really looking good.

As far as WDW I’m excited to see what the next step is. Lots of rumors about fireworks and nighttime entertainment but nothing firm yet. For now I still get excited to see the little things like increased capacity on Splash Mountain due to relaxed distancing and the removal of plexiglass on RoTR.

I would guess the biggest hurdle to restarting nighttime shows at this point is the staffing and logistics needed to get them back up and running. We'll see how the country does over the next month but July seems perfectly reasonable.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

Maybe next month or July as Murphy will lift indoor mask mandate soon, as masks will be gone for sure....

Hopefully it will change to 100% capacity as there will no more masks and social distancing for good by November 7 as we will back to normal soon enough. Is there will be no more surges / spikes by fall/winter anymore because enough people are vaccinated.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Maybe next month or July as Murphy will lift indoor mask mandate soon, as masks will be gone for sure....

Hopefully it will change to 100% capacity as there will no more masks and social distancing for good by November 7 as we will back to normal soon enough. Is there will be no more surges / spikes by fall/winter anymore because enough people are vaccinated.

Murphy is being cautious but I’m sure they will move forward as cases fall off further. He hasn’t said when exactly. Next door in PA the Governor is keeping the mask mandates until 70% of adults are vaccinated with both shots. He flexed to the new CDC guidelines for fully vaccinated people, but unvaccinated people (including children) need to still wear masks. Once 70% of adults have both shots then masks are gone for everyone. The state is at 67.5% of adults with 1 shot so we need about 250K additional adults to get the shot and then follow up in 3 to 4 weeks with shot 2. Should be done by the end of June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom