Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanfze55

The solution to a sewage problem isn't to ignore it, it's to clean it up. Figure out how to not swim in it. If it was going to take 10 years (or even look like it might), I would want better fix. Not just say, eh, it's cool, just swim in it.

Are you really trying to argue if it takes too long, eh, just give up and go with it?

We could have done that months ago. It's taking to long to roll out the vaccine, just catch COVID, it's only really bad for some. 😡

Fortunately it’s a hypothetical situation. But yeah, we would’ve had to have come up with some kind of middle ground. You can’t keep kids out of school for ten years. Any notion that we could have eradicated COVID in this country or somewhere like Western Europe without a vaccine is just a little too wishful for my liking. It’s simply too transmissible in pre-symptomatic people, and even if we had strict lockdowns, you would still always have some community spread from essential commerce. And masks alone don’t do a whole lot to prevent spread.

Jrb1979

I agree. The governor of Ohio is offering a million dollar lottery held every Wednesday for the next five weeks. The Illinois governor is offering free tickets to Six Flags. And they wonder why people are moving out of Illinois.
Jokes or not, Illinois has one of the better Six flags parks.
Just wondering if Canadian border will be open this fall. Want to go to Niagara Falls this fall and surrounding area. Not sure where yet.
It may open by then but expect proof of vaccine to enter into Canada to be the norm by then. The government has already started discussing it.

Polkadotdress

The problem with the CDC position is that is totally about the science and nothing about the policy (implementing). I suspect the politics is "The science says it's safe. We need people vaccinated. Let's do this quickly as an incentive." And, in true political fashion, nobody thought about how.

Depends on your definition of good enough....and the CDC isn't recommending the honor system. They only say that vaccinated people do not need masks in most situations. How that is implemented by states and businesses is another matter. And it has always been that way...
Policy with no coordinating plan. And that has been the trouble with this entire situation from day 1.

ImperfectPixie

Policy with no coordinating plan. And that has been the trouble with this entire situation from day 1.
I have to admit, it's been rather puzzling to me that the CDC recommendations have ever been made public immediately to begin with. Joe General Public really doesn't need to know the minute the CDC recommendations update...a wiser choice, IMO, would have been to hold back on the recommendation updates until some coordinating plan for implementing policy changes has been made. Our leadership shouldn't have to deal with pressure from the general public because they knew the "insider info", so-to-speak.

ImperfectPixie

bryanfze55

I have to admit, it's been rather puzzling to me that the CDC recommendations have ever been made public immediately to begin with. Joe General Public really doesn't need to know the minute the CDC recommendations update...a wiser choice, IMO, would have been to hold back on the recommendation updates until some coordinating plan for implementing policy changes has been made. Our leadership shouldn't have to deal with pressure from the general public because they knew the "insider info", so-to-speak.
Well “leadership” has been regularly caught breaking their own rules since this whole thing began.

correcaminos

The problem with the CDC position is that is totally about the science and nothing about the policy (implementing). I suspect the politics is "The science says it's safe. We need people vaccinated. Let's do this quickly as an incentive." And, in true political fashion, nobody thought about how.
But they never were our policy makers for this. States should have had plans in place. We knew this guidance was coming.

lazyboy97o

I never knew that and I don’t live to far away. That’s why I wake up every morning.. to learn something new. Thanks!
I learned it after paying twice for parking. First visit was spur of the moment. Parked at Hersheypark but ended up going to Chocolate World first and bought the big combo ticket that included free parking in their lot.
There’s no need to wear masks for the flu because it’s not a novel virus (we’ve all been naturally exposed to it) and there is a vaccine. Once kids are eligible for the Covid vaccine there will be no need for them to wear masks anymore for covid either.
There is a need to wear masks for the flu. We should do it. @BrianLo posted existing protocols. The difference is being able to tell when one is likely to be contagious. People absolutely should wear a mask if they are experiencing cold and flu symptoms. We have seen that we can significantly reduce the disease burden of influenza by doing something simple and there is no excuse not to do it.
Then when supplies became available later on, its mask up everyone!
No, when outbreaks couldn’t be traced to a person with clear symptoms it changed. It was always recommended that people who are sick wear a mask.

Last edited:

correcaminos

If you can still stomach high-speed roller coasters... my days where I could enjoy intense rides like that, sadly, have passed. Otherwise, unless you love the look of painted steel, I take the visual splendor of the Disney parks vs. Cedar Point's bare-bones look.
That is the good for Disney. Both are wonderful for what they are, but totally different in what they offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom