Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Incomudro

I can see Disney loosening the mask rules at resorts soon. Outdoors of course

Parks will stay the same for a while I think. But say walking outdoors around the resorts and heading to the pools etc .... I can see them get rid of masks in those situations.
This is my biggest hurdle with booking a vacation.
The fact that you can't even walk around the grounds of say, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Swan'Dolphin, or the path into Hollywood studios.
The masks never come off until you get to you room. (with the exception of eating and drinking)

carolina_yankee

Interesting. New Jersey must be filled up with these anti-Vax Muh Freedom types.

View attachment 556267
No. They are predominantly communities of color with a historic mistrust of institutions. Some also don’t want their names entered into systems. There are also access challenges. My own community is an example. Over 50% non-white. They won’t go to the hospital three miles down the road to get vaccinated. The hospital keeps setting up clinics in the center of town to get to them, but it’s slower.

NJ is one of the top states in the country for percentage vaccinated, and near the top for densely populated state. Put up the stats for preeminently white counties and you’ll see a different number.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This is my biggest hurdle with booking a vacation.
The fact that you can't even walk around the grounds of say, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Swan'Dolphin, or the path into Hollywood studios.
The masks never come off until you get to you room. (with the exception of eating and drinking)
You don’t need to wear a mask at the pool either. Not the rest of the grounds, but at least while swimming or sitting on the pool deck.

Tom P.

I avoided sharing after seeing too many toxic comments on other friends posts, some enough to unfriend for being so hateful do i.e. sheep, idiot, - the big kicker----"glad you won't be able to have more children"
Is this coming from that "the vaccines cause infertility" garbage? Because I work with one woman who just gave birth and two others who are pregnant, all of whom are fully vaccinated. So that would come as quite surprising news to them...

BrianLo

Georgia's 1st dose vaccination rate by age:

View attachment 555904

As you can see, it's extremely high for those 65-and-over, but dreadful for those 34-and-younger.

My twentysomething year old children (who have all received their second doses) tell me that many of their (liberal college educated) friends view COVID as an "old person's disease." :(

Huge, huge asterisks that this data is extremely skewed by the aged based roll out of vaccines.

That's not to understate that I don't believe it. But we would not see such a dramatic tail if everyone was eligible in December. I do generally think younger generations are more likely to have 'immortality complexes' and increased vaccine hesitancy. Similar to voting demographics. Maturity is a thing (for most people at least).

hopemax

I don't want to wear my mask ever again can I not gonna wear mask during each winter?:

See, like I predicted earlier today. One set of recommendations for CFC (cold, flu and covid) season and one the rest of the year.

Someday, you will be old like the rest of us and getting sick will be a PITA and you will want people to stay away from you or at least wear a mask if they are coughing and sneezing everywhere. I also expect we'll see more mask wearing during high pollen and wildfires, because after last year we learned that wearing a mask is less annoying than triggering your allergies.

But you won't have to, if you don't want to.

BrianLo

Medical professionals never wore masks before April 2020.

No. They didn’t. Surgeons wore them. That’s it.

Not to brag, but I’ve been to the doctor many times for me and my kids. And never, ever, prior to April 2020 have I seen a doctor in a mask.

Tell that to a surgeon, and even medical specialties have done so for years in certain situations.

This is the most patently ridiculous thing I have ever read within the last ten minutes of this thread. (Obviously not referring to @Touchdown). Unless the US is the Wild West of medicine (it isn't) we've had IP&C for decades now. People whose entire job within the hospital is to ensure care providers are compliant with PPE between patient encounters. I've probably worn a mask every single day of my hospital based medical career (and I am not a surgeon).

Look at this magical document dated April 2018. Which has more or less existed in one form or another for decades.

AND was actively enforced, not suggested, enforced. I've laughed about the stupid volume of dollars we waste for years because a certain specialty (I will not identify) are addicted to bedside rounds and traipse upwards of 8-10 learners and allied health through full PPE amongst room after room of respiratory illnesses.

Just because the entire world has decided they are now public health experts and are now "super informed" does not mean the protocols for COVID weren't already well established and practiced. I don't care what US experts did or did not say or put their foot in their mouths about. I'm not an American. The science and logic behind masking and infection prevention and control is not new. It is also not politically motivated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom