Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom P.

that’s a straight political stance...which is the main reason we have a medical/public health “debate”

no offense, but that’s the former bully going “boo hoo”

it was lauded...”good to be dumb”...about 2 years ago....
So now all the “snowflakes tears” are gone.

The Revolution always comes back around...and a “movement” stops
I literally have no idea what you just said.

SamusAranX

They you obviously didn’t comprehend. Understanding the origins of something and calling it out has nothing to do with the ridiculous straw men you keep making.
I’m not making any straw man. You are. You read my argument of “there are other reasons besides conspiracy theories why some have not take the vaccine yet; we should examine these and do our best to educate and overcome.” and translate it as “no. They are all anti vax attitudes and those attitudes are garbage. Covid 19 vaccine hesitant = anti vax denial”

GaBoy

Don’t worry about the 3ft rule in WDW y’all. It’s already here because somehow the markers are confusing to everyone, or they just don’t care. Pics taken approx 3 mins ago. I don’t really care anymore it’s just confusing how stupid people are that they can’t be bothered to follow the most basic guideline.
View attachment 555306

View attachment 555307
It's obvious people are "done".

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I literally have no idea what you just said.

ya want me to “dumb” it down for you? (Joke)

People who claim never to be “the victim” have flipped 180 and are crying “victim” after a political loss...As usual.

and it’s screwing up the real world situation and none of us can afford it.

a lot of tough talk....and playing the fool.

that is a big part of even this vax debate.

embarsssing.

There are countries in this world that are begging for this stuff and can’t get it...
We are debating it like a damn football game or tv show.

Last edited:

ABQ

ya want me to “dumb” it down for you? (Joke)

People who claim never to be “the victim” have flipped 180 and are crying “victim” after a political loss...As usual.

and it’s screwing up the real world situation and none of us can afford it.

a lot of tough talk....and playing the fool.

that is a big part of even this vax debate.

embarsssing.

There are counties in this world that are begging for this stuff and can’t get it...
We are debating it like a damn football game or tv show.
Since you've gotten all political, perhaps you can appeal to the guy currently in charge and ask just when some of that unity will take effect and then he can work to get more folks on board with the vaccine. I got mine in Feb, so don't look my way.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Since you've gotten all political, perhaps you can appeal to the guy currently in charge and ask just when some of that unity will take effect and then he can work to get more folks on board with the vaccine. I got mine in Feb, so don't look my way.

i responded to something political...

and see now...what you just wrote is 100% straight from one of the “skip over” cable stations.

you’re taking your echo chamber to be real
Life.

I have allegiances to only common sense and empirical data.

and I occasionally like long walks and a nice slice of pie 🥧

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I’m not making any straw man. You are. You read my argument of “there are other reasons besides conspiracy theories why some have not take the vaccine yet” and translate it as “no. They are all anti vax attitudes and those attitudes are garbage”.
I said most. I asked for examples of reasons that are not rooted in anti-vax arguments. Concerns about long-term safety absolutely and unequivocally originates in the anti-vax movement because it is entirely based around the false assertion that there are / potentially are long term safety issues with vaccines.

“What are the long term effects of vaccines?” is a question that was being asked with greater frequency before the pandemic. It is foundational to the anti-vaccine movement and why it is out there. It’s a seemingly innocuous claim that is easy to defend as reasonable. So yes, even people who are vaccinated but remain hesitant because of long-term safety concerns are being influenced by the anti-vaccine movement, even if they don’t recognize it. It’s also how the movement grows, people see certain positions being defended and start to think their other positions must also be “reasonable.”

And yes, we are now clearly at the point where questions about safety are in the realm of conspiracy. People choosing to delay now aren’t among the first receipts. Millions of doses have been administered so not knowing safety would require active, coordinated suppression of the information by some group and doesn’t explain the incredibly small number of cases that globally triggered further review of the viral vector vaccines.

Tom P.

i responded to something political...

and see now...what you just wrote is 100% straight from one of the “skip over” cable stations.

you’re taking your echo chamber to be real
Life.

I have allegiances to only common sane and imperial data.

and I occasionally like long walks and a nice slice of pie 🥧
There was nothing political in what I said. None. I didn't even identify which posters or what side of debates I was referring to, because it's a wide swath of this thread that encompasses both sides. But if it makes you feel any better, I can't stand Donald Trump and I am fully vaccinated.

I am referring to the attitude displayed by people in this thread. Again, on both sides. The attitude that a handful of posters here are some of the smartest on the planet, and that the rest people are rubes who just can't see with such wisdom. I see it from certain posters here who are both pro-vax and anti-vax. The arrogance and condescension is absolutely overwhelming. And when pointed out, the retort is (unironically) that well those poor, uneducated, dimwitted people deserve the arrogance and condescension and if they'd just stop being so stupid, we'd stop.

Blame Trump. Blame Biden. Blame Fauci. Blame Oscar the Grouch. I don't know what the root cause. But I know there are a lot of people who are absolute jerks to one another in this thread.

Tom P.

I said most. I asked for examples of reasons that are not rooted in anti-vax arguments. Concerns about long-term safety absolutely and unequivocally originates in the anti-vax movement because it is entirely based around the false assertion that there are / potentially are long term safety issues with vaccines.

“What are the long term effects of vaccines?” is a question that was being asked with greater frequency before the pandemic. It is foundational to the anti-vaccine movement and why it is out there. It’s a seemingly innocuous claim that is easy to defend as reasonable. So yes, even people who are vaccinated but remain hesitant because of long-term safety concerns are being influenced by the anti-vaccine movement, even if they don’t recognize it. It’s also how the movement grows, people see certain positions being defended and start to think their other positions must also be “reasonable.”

And yes, we are now clearly at the point where questions about safety are in the realm of conspiracy. People choosing to delay now aren’t among the first receipts. Millions of doses have been administered so not knowing safety would require active, coordinated suppression of the information by some group and doesn’t explain the incredibly small number of cases that globally triggered further review of the viral vector vaccines.
Let me preface this by saying that, again, I agree with you about the vaccine. I am fully vaccinated. I actively encourage people to get vaccinated. I believe the vaccines are both safe and effective. So there is no disagreement there.

But I also can understand how reasonable, intelligent people who do not buy into "conspiracy theories" can have doubts. The simple fact is that these vaccines were developed, produced, and distributed faster than any in the history of vaccines. One year ago, all of the public health experts were warning the public to be patient and have reasonable expectations because to have a vaccine by the end of the year would be unprecedented and nearly a miracle.

And, yes, I understand how they were able to do it so fast. I understand all the reasons from the years of research into mRNA to the financial backing of the government that took away the financial risks of ramping up production during the clinical trials. I get it. That's why I personally took the vaccine and trust it. But I do not think it is unreasonable for someone to have heard the drumbeat of how long it will take for us to have a vaccine to now be hesitant and think that perhaps something was done too quickly. You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to have doubts and questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom